FA Centers

Cole, Procter, and Niswanger all have second round tenders. The question would have to be are they better than the C (Unger, Wood) that you would get with the 38th pick?

BTW, Cole is a friggin' Bowling ball if what I saw is right. 6'0 tall, 350 lbs. That would be a pretty stout center of the line, with Whit or Livings, him and Williams.

[quote name='kennethmw' post='754952' date='Mar 10 2009, 12:22 PM']Cole, Procter, and Niswanger all have second round tenders. The question would have to be are they better than the C (Unger, Wood) that you would get with the 38th pick?[/quote]

I wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder for any of them. They are backup material with their current teams so hopefully they aren't good enough to start for us.

[quote name='sparky151' post='754958' date='Mar 10 2009, 12:40 PM']I wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder for any of them. They are backup material with their current teams so hopefully they aren't good enough to start for us.[/quote]

Bobbie Willams was a backup in Philly.

That said, I think I'd rather have a 2nd rounder from this draft.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='754976' date='Mar 10 2009, 02:17 PM']Bobbie Willams was a backup in Philly.

That said, I think I'd rather have a 2nd rounder from this draft.[/quote]
I remember him starting, atleast his last season in Philly. They called him "False Start Williams," dude didn't have a clue what the snap count was until he came here.

They must really like something about one of these guys to consider passing up on the deepest C draft in recent history. But if they have some inside info that the 2 or 3 guys whom they really covet will surely be gone by #38, then by all means upgrade that spot.

Though in that situation I think we'd all like them to just trade the fuck up and make sure that we don't miss out on the guy they really want...but we all know thats just a pipe dream.

Archived