My favorite college football team is recruiting...

Jason

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='747787' date='Feb 19 2009, 03:15 PM']With Pryor having gone there just last year and playing significantly as a freshman... why in gods name would any highly touted high school senior to be go to OSU next year?[/quote]

Recruiting for next year is already over. They are recruiting for kids that will come in 2010. Which will be Pryor's 3rd (and many think last) year at tOSU.

[quote name='Jason' post='747727' date='Feb 19 2009, 12:32 PM']the son of my most hated NFL player of all time.

It will feel kind of odd rooting for Nick Montana if Ohio State lands him.[/quote]

As long as he leads a last minute game-winning drive against Michigan or the NC game, I'm good with it...

[quote name='Jason' post='747727' date='Feb 20 2009, 03:32 AM']the son of my most hated NFL player of all time.

It will feel kind of odd rooting for Nick Montana if Ohio State lands him.[/quote]
Ooohh. No kidding.

Though, I've met his dad, and he was one of the nicest, coolest guys I have ever met. Even after I told him I hated him ^_^

[quote name='#22' post='747809' date='Feb 19 2009, 05:03 PM']He's probably going to South Carolina to be with Spurrier. So I wouldn't worry about it.[/quote]

I wouldn't be so sure. From a recent story at Bucknuts.com

[quote]Nick Montana would not go as far as to name a leader or leaders, but it seems safe to say the Buckeyes don't trail anyone.

"I am very, very interested in Ohio State," he said. "I can assure you Ohio State is right at the top and will continue to be. They will always be up there."[/quote]

Not to mention, Spurrier QBs don't have a very good NFL track record.

[quote name='Jason' post='747803' date='Feb 19 2009, 05:26 PM']Recruiting for next year is already over. They are recruiting for kids that will come in 2010. Which will be Pryor's 3rd (and many think last) year at tOSU.[/quote]

Yes, recruiting for next year is over as signing day was two weeks ago...

I just thought it would be odd that a top-end player would select a school where the starting qb is only going to be a junior when he's a freshman and then be going on the premise that he would definitely leave early which is no guarantee. So, there is just as good a chance the kid wouldn't play until his junior year, unless of course if he red-shirted, which most top end qb's don't.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='751087' date='Feb 28 2009, 08:25 PM']just curious...is there right now any player that played for ohio state as a QB that is playing in the NFL :whistle:[/quote]
Troy Smith.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='751087' date='Feb 28 2009, 08:25 PM']just curious...is there right now any player that played for ohio state as a QB that is playing in the NFL :whistle:[/quote]

is there a reason it matters, other than to be a jackass?

How many UC quarterbacks are starting in the league right now? Or Oklahoma, or Texas?

Archived