"Right America: Feeling Wronged"

Squirrlnutz

For those with HBO On Demand go to HBO On Demand>HBO Specials>Documentaries>"Right America: Feeling Wronged."

Clearly a one-sided movie (done completely by Nancy Pelosi's daughter) but interesting and worth a look none-the-less.

I know some will read what I have written up to this point and are thinkin "haha, no chance in hell I'm gonna watch this!" But I encourage you to take the 44 minutes and check it out. You may write these people off as an over-represented minority being glorified for what is clearly a liberal agenda...but the scary thing is that ignorance like that which is put on display in this film is far to common in our country for our own good.

What is on display is not the final side of the fence these people landed on, but rather the lack of critical decision making behind the choice. So few people are able to offer substantial reasons behind their decisions without envoking "faith in one true god" or some form of bigotry, its astounding.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='748215' date='Feb 21 2009, 12:41 AM']For those with HBO On Demand go to HBO On Demand>HBO Specials>Documentaries>"Right America: Feeling Wronged."

Clearly a one-sided movie (done completely by Nacy Pelosi's daughter) but interesting and worth a look none-the-less.

I know some will read what I have written up to this point and are thinkin "haha, no chance in hell I'm gonna watch this!" But I encourage you to take the 44 minutes and check it out. You may write these people off as an over-represented minority being glorified for what is clearly a liberal agenda...but the scary thing is that ignorance like that which is put on display in this film is far to common in our country for our own good.

What is on display is not the final side of the fence these people landed on, but rather the lack of critical decision making behind the choice. So few people are able to offer substantial reasons behind their decisions without envoking "faith in one true god" or some form of bigotry, its astounding.[/quote]

Sounds right up there with "Jesus Camp"....

[quote name='Elflocko' post='748217' date='Feb 21 2009, 01:45 AM']Sounds right up there with "Jesus Camp"....[/quote]
I would say Jesus Camp was a little crazier...

Though in the long run this doc coverd a lot more states (read: larger sample size) and realistically the moderate/leaning-towards-radical christians, in numbers like are represented, are far more detrimental to the country than the radicals in "Jesus Camp" because they essentailly give pass/grace/a free-from-rational-criticism-or-concern to the radicals because at the most basic level, they share the same views. And when the radicals are allowed a vehicle to the top of public office (read: a pass granted by the moderate's condemnation of any who challenge the most ultimate belief in a christian god as taboo and insensitive) irrational things can happen.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='748244' date='Feb 21 2009, 07:13 AM']You guys are aware that there are substantial numbers of right-wingers who are not Jesus-freaks, right?[/quote]

Well aware of that fact. The problem is that the right wing was hijacked [b]by[/b] the Jesus freaks, and as of yet the non Jesus freaks have done nothing to remedy the situation...

[quote name='Bunghole' post='748282' date='Feb 21 2009, 10:47 AM']Sooo....this film [b]Squirrlnutz[/b] is referring us to is about [i]left[/i]-wing Jesus Freaks?
:huh:
I'm confused!

But I have HBO, so at some point, I'll check it out and give you all a full, in-depth, non-Jesus freak right-leaning point of view.[/quote]

No, Pelosi's daughter follows the McCain campaign around and interviews/questions the less stable followers. Then she goes to a NASCAR race and interviews racist rednecks who supported McCain.

It was very fair and balanced. :liar:

By no means did I say it was supposed to be fair and balanced.

The thing that the few here bringing up "radical left wingers" seem to be forgetting is that the radical right seem to be far more adept at turning their beliefs into dragging black people down the street chained to their chevy or blowing up abortion clinics and murdering doctors whose practices they don't agree with than the radical tree hugging lefty.

Thats what makes this all the more scarier.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='748358' date='Feb 21 2009, 06:36 PM']By no means did I say it was supposed to be fair and balanced.

The thing that the few here bringing up "radical left wingers" seem to be forgetting is that the radical right seem to be far more adept at turning their beliefs into dragging black people down the street chained to their chevy or blowing up abortion clinics and murdering doctors whose practices they don't agree with than the radical tree hugging lefty.

Thats what makes this all the more scarier.[/quote]

To be fair, some radical left-wingers do burn down expensive real estate developments in Colorado and torch Hummer dealerships.

However, their political pull pales in comparison to the religious right (stem cells, gay marriage, "intelligent" design, etc).

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='748358' date='Feb 21 2009, 06:36 PM']By no means did I say it was supposed to be fair and balanced.

Agreed. I know in my neighborhood every Sunday as soon as church lets out, they go round up black people, chain them to their bumpers and drag them around the neighborhood. Then they go bomb a clinic or two.

Thankfully the black people in Dayton wouldn't dream of assaulting a white person, so I should be safe.

[quote name='steggyD' post='748430' date='Feb 22 2009, 12:18 AM']And I know some "radical left wingers", that if they had any balls, would love to drag some fundamental Christians down the street, because of what they believe in.[/quote]

You callin' me a pussy!?!?!?

:ninja:

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='748441' date='Feb 22 2009, 02:16 AM']Agreed. I know in my neighborhood every Sunday as soon as church lets out, they go round up black people, chain them to their bumpers and drag them around the neighborhood. Then they go bomb a clinic or two.

Thankfully the black people in Dayton wouldn't dream of assaulting a white person, so I should be safe.[/quote]

:rofl:

I actually did watch about 10-15 minutes of it. It is nothing more than a left-wing hatchet job. Go into it with that understanding and you're fine.

It would be no different than me taking a camera to Central LA, or Memphis, or New York City proper, Hollywood, or Boston proper...

I could create a right-wing hatchet job from the projects or a "better than thou" viewpoint snobbish piece from New York / Boston. You know the women that don't shave their armpits, etc. everyone has stereotypical views of both sides and we all know they exist. They happen because about 5% of each side has these nut jobs and they're the ones that the story is done on... so, they all of a sudden become the "mainstream" side of that party. Garbage, it all is.

No difference.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='748739' date='Feb 23 2009, 09:53 AM']I actually did watch about 10-15 minutes of it. It is nothing more than a left-wing hatchet job. Go into it with that understanding and you're fine.

It would be no different than me taking a camera to Central LA, or Memphis, or New York City proper, Hollywood, or Boston proper...

I could create a right-wing hatchet job from the projects or a "better than thou" viewpoint snobbish piece from New York / Boston. You know the women that don't shave their armpits, etc. everyone has stereotypical views of both sides and we all know they exist. They happen because about 5% of each side has these nut jobs and they're the ones that the story is done on... so, they all of a sudden become the "mainstream" side of that party. Garbage, it all is.

No difference.[/quote]

With the danger being that it creates a hatred of not the minortiy but ALL of the people. It's irrisponsible journalism.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='748793' date='Feb 23 2009, 02:09 PM']With the danger being that it creates a hatred of not the minortiy but ALL of the people. [b]It's irrisponsible journalism[/b].[/quote]

Irresponsible journalism, indeed. But, it exists and occurs every day so I guess it is what it is...

The thing that the few here bringing up "radical left wingers" seem to be forgetting is that [b]the radical right seem to be far more adept at turning their beliefs into dragging black people down the street chained to their chevy or blowing up abortion clinics and murdering doctors whose practices they don't agree with than the radical tree hugging lefty.[/b]

lol... You should get out more... What's scary is you think that the majority of conservatives believe that shit...

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='748295' date='Feb 21 2009, 11:25 AM']Baloney. No more than environmentalists have "hijacked" the left.[/quote]
LOL, real fast, remind me of how many of the republican presidential candidates raised their hands during a debate and said that they DONT believe in evolution? And remind me what the answer was from the 2nd to last man standing at the end?

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='750908' date='Feb 28 2009, 01:24 PM']LOL, real fast, remind me of how many of the republican presidential candidates raised their hands during a debate and said that they DONT believe in evolution? And remind me what the answer was from the 2nd to last man standing at the end?[/quote]
3 out of 10. Tancredo, Huckabee, and Brownback. I hardly call that a resounding majority.

Also, we're talking conservatives, not necessarily Republicans. There are a lot of conservatives that do not consider themselves Republicans (especially lately), although they might tend to vote that way for lack of a better option.

Tell me, how many Democratic candidates would have raised their hand if the question was asked if they believe in Al Gore's global warming religion? Answer: all of them.

Archived