Pittsburgh Steelers (Montecore) are on the clock

akiliMVP

[quote name='soundstreamer' post='754535' date='Mar 8 2009, 09:44 PM']I will add a vote for Duke Robinson. I think he is the BPA available on the OL at this point. Beatty would be reach because of a need at OT and why do that when you can take the higher rated inside guy that can allow the option of moving some of the existing lineman around.[/quote]
I don't think anyone has Robinson ranked higher than Beatty....

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='754739' date='Mar 9 2009, 06:15 PM']If the Bengals got these two in the first rounds I would be sick...... :nasty:[/quote]
Pretty shitty situations for both picks. Top tackles gone at 6, top centers all gone at 38.

I wouldn't hate Brown and Beatty. Not ideal but adding the best pure pass rusher in the draft and a good left tackle prospect is not a bad draft at all.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='754742' date='Mar 9 2009, 05:21 PM']Pretty shitty situations for both picks. Top tackles gone at 6, top centers all gone at 38.

I wouldn't hate Brown and Beatty. Not ideal but adding the best pure pass rusher in the draft and a good left tackle prospect is not a bad draft at all.[/quote]

Yeah, both situations felt like worst case scenario.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='754742' date='Mar 9 2009, 05:21 PM']Pretty shitty situations for both picks. Top tackles gone at 6, top centers all gone at 38.

I wouldn't hate Brown and Beatty. Not ideal but adding the best pure pass rusher in the draft and a good left tackle prospect is not a bad draft at all.[/quote]

and that situation, or a very similar one (insert different players), could very easily be a forcast of what's to happen in april. that's why i curse the annual, worthless dead cat bounce. i've never been a believer that end of year momentum translates into the following season. this also shows the value of trading up, which it seems we're never willing to do. as soon as the first center goes off the board, we need to start getting on the phones...if not before then.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='754536' date='Mar 8 2009, 09:45 PM']I don't think anyone has Robinson ranked higher than Beatty....[/quote]

NFL Draft Countdown had him rated higher at the time I posted that. But you are right now that he seems to be falling on draft boards. But I still wouldnt mind him being a Bengal if the opportunity would come up.

[quote name='soundstreamer' post='755119' date='Mar 11 2009, 12:01 AM']NFL Draft Countdown had him rated higher at the time I posted that. But you are right now that he seems to be falling on draft boards. But I still wouldnt mind him being a Bengal if the opportunity would come up.[/quote]

The knock I've read on Robinson is that although a great run blocker, he really struggles with pass blocking ...given our current O-Line state, I'd pass on him unless he falls into round 3 or 4.

[quote name='soundstreamer' post='755388' date='Mar 11 2009, 07:17 PM']The Texans select Louis Delmas S Western Michigan. This is a position of serious need and is the BPA available on their board so this is an easy selection.[/quote]

NFL Network's "war room" camera catches Bill Belichek going absolutely nuts after he finds out that the Texans take Louis Delmas one pick before him....

Patriots select..... WR Brian Robiskie, WR The OSU

Archived