March Madness contest

BengalBacker

Open to suggestions, but this is kind of what I'm thinking.

$10 to enter.

Winner take all, or say 25% for 2nd place. Doesn't matter to me. I would prefer winner take all, and hope that the winner would decide to donate a portion to Go for server costs. No obligation, I think that would be illegal, but I hope the winner thinks of it like tipping the dealer in Vegas. ;)

Whatever normal scoring system you guys want to use, 1 point first round, etcetera.

Honor system. If you post a bracket, you're expected to pay up. If you aren't man (or woman) enough to pay up when you lose, don't get in. :angry: Winners and losers have to be willing to work together on payoff methods. Some people don't want to create a Pay Pal account, some people don't want to give their mailing address. In other words, let's say Rumble wins and let's say he has a Pay Pal account, so that's how he wants to get paid. Let's say Thurman doesn't have a Pay Pal account, and he'll have to mail Rumble a check. That means Rumble will have to either give Thurman his mailing address :o , or not get paid. Now let's say Thurman wins and he wants everyone to mail him a check. That means Thurman has to give everyone who owes him money his mailing address or he doesn't get paid. Make sense?

Since we are talking honor system I say it should only be open to people with at least 100 posts, or who have been a member at least two years. Otherwise we would get flooded with people who want a chance to win, but have no intention of paying if they lose, because there would be no consequences of not paying. There are no "real" consequences for [u]anyone[/u] who doesn't pay, other than the wrath from the board, and hopefully the realization that you are a worthless, low life piece of shit, so winners shouldn't be surprised if a couple of people decide the 10 bucks is worth more to them than their self dignity.

Post your bracket on here any way you want, as long as it's easy for everyone to figure out and can't be edited. I'm thinking just get an image of a bracket online, use Photoshop, or MS Paint, or crayons and a scanner, sign up with imageshack or something, and post the image here, any time between now and tipoff of the first Thursday games. Ignore the play in game. If anyone wants to pick the winner of the play in game to win their first "real game", just use "play in" for the team name in your bracket. Better yet, just don't get in because you're clearly too stupid to be gambling. ^_^

Anybody interested in something like that.

Im in Backer. but what im thinking is you should go to CBSsportsline.com and set up an account for free with them. and give everyone the password for the league and the link. then everyone can fill it online and the site fucking does the work for us. they show you the standings and all instead of all this ms paint thing. just an idea would make things a lot smoother. but im in :headbang:

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='756274' date='Mar 15 2009, 11:37 PM']Im in Backer. but what im thinking is you should go to CBSsportsline.com and set up an account for free with them. and give everyone the password for the league and the link. then everyone can fill it online and the site fucking does the work for us. they show you the standings and all instead of all this ms paint thing. just an idea would make things a lot smoother. but im in :headbang:[/quote]

I don't care how we do it, if that's easier, cool.

can i have your email backer. i just set it up. anyone that wants to be in it needs to give us your email and i'll send you the invite. it's very easy. you log in after you get the invite, make a name and try to use your name from here to make it easy and then fill your brackets. done deal.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='756277' date='Mar 15 2009, 11:54 PM']can i have your email backer. i just set it up. anyone that wants to be in it needs to give us your email and i'll send you the invite. it's very easy. you log in after you get the invite, make a name and try to use your name from here to make it easy and then fill your brackets. done deal.[/quote]

I say you have to use your name from here, and then confirm it's you in this thread. Unless you actually put up the money through the site. I don't think you do though, do you? Isn't that just where we keep score, so to speak?

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='756279' date='Mar 16 2009, 01:05 AM']I say you have to use your name from here, and then confirm it's you in this thread. Unless you actually put up the money through the site. I don't think you do though, do you? Isn't that just where we keep score, so to speak?[/quote]
I'll do this. What should I do, pm Rumble?

come on backer. just fill the damn thing out and check on it when you can. if we don't get a lot of people then fuck it. we do it alone, and we'll have fun. i agree though, i thought we'll have way more people than 3. you scared them off since none of them intended to pay lol

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='756386' date='Mar 16 2009, 03:15 PM']come on backer. just fill the damn thing out and check on it when you can. if we don't get a lot of people then fuck it. we do it alone, and we'll have fun. i agree though, i thought we'll have way more people than 3. you scared them off since none of them intended to pay lol[/quote]

^_^

I'll try to do one tonight. PM Homer with the link.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='756400' date='Mar 16 2009, 04:41 PM']PM me, I want to take your money. I got Kentucky winning it all.[/quote]

hey Bung, email me with your email address. and i'll send the invite.

so far, it's

backer
rumble
homer rice
Bung

anyone else wants to join pm me your email addy

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='756480' date='Mar 17 2009, 11:28 AM']update, so far we have

backer
rumble
homer rice
Bung
gatorclaws

i guess i'll settle for $40 :lol:[/quote]
I hope you have a retarded monkey picking for you. Then you might actually have a chance. We've seen *your* NFL picks, you know :wave:

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='756507' date='Mar 17 2009, 02:11 AM']I hope you have a retarded monkey picking for you. Then you might actually have a chance. We've seen *your* NFL picks, you know :wave:[/quote]

Yeah, I figured I'd wait to see who Rumble picks, and take the opposite. ^_^

I'm signed up, and I'll submit a bracket before the deadline.

So what are we doing? $10, winner take all?

There has to be at least 4 or 5 more of you out there who would be up for this.

No? Buncha chickens? Girly men are you?

:ninja:

Just kidding, I don't usually do these things either, but what the hell. Seems I'm always giving money to somebody, might as well be one of you guys. ;)

Is this legal? :unsure:

Archived