Seth Curry transfers to Duke wooooooooooo!!!

ThurmanMunster

[quote]Curry will be eligible in 2010-11
Comment Email Print Share
By Andy Katz
ESPN.com
Archive

Duke didn't waste any time sulking over its Sweet 16 loss to Villanova Thursday night in Boston. Instead, the Blue Devils picked up the most coveted transfer available when the nation's top scoring freshman, Seth Curry of Liberty, decided to transfer to Duke for next season.

Curry's father, Dell, told ESPN.com Sunday night after a visit to Durham earlier in the day that Seth was offered a scholarship by the Blue Devils and accepted. Curry, who averaged 20.2 points a game for the Flames this past season, will sit out the 2009-10 season and be eligible for 2010-11 as a third-year sophomore. A source close to the Blue Devils confirmed the transfer offer was made and accepted.

Dell Curry, a former star guard with the Charlotte Hornets said once Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski made clear the Blue Devils wanted him, it wasn't a hard decision for Seth. Dell Curry said Krzyzewski stressed that the Blue Devils will need scoring guards in two seasons after the departure of juniors Jon Scheyer and Gerald Henderson. The Blue Devils have two younger point guards in sophomore Nolan Smith and freshman Elliot Williams, who would be a senior and junior, respectively when Seth Curry would be eligible.

"Coach K kept telling him the timing couldn't be better," Dell Curry told The Associated Press. "There'll be plenty of opportunities to contribute."

Seth Curry said the opportunity to continue his career at Duke, and get a Duke education were other major factors in the decision. Dell Curry said the family was wowed by the new Duke practice facility, which Dell said is on par with NBA facilities.

Seth Curry's plan once he left Liberty was to transfer to an ACC school in his home state of North Carolina. He accomplished that goal within the first week. Dell Curry said that Liberty coach Ritchie McKay "was great through the process and really helped us. He was tremendous. He showed no bitterness."

The 6-3 Curry led the Flames to a 23-12 record this season and an appearance in the inaugural CollegeInsider.com tournament.

Meanwhile, Dell Curry said his elder son, Davidson junior guard Stephen Curry, still hasn't made up his mind on whether to declare for the draft. Stephen Curry is a projected lottery pick. He has until April 30 to declare for the draft, But Dell Curry said Stephen won't let the decision drag too long.[/quote]

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4026095"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4026095[/url]

[quote name='#22' post='760103' date='Mar 31 2009, 05:59 PM']It's just because Coach K is porkin' his mom.[/quote]
Bad thing?

Anyways, this guy may be coming off the bench anyways, especially with the class we have coming in that year. Duke is going to be stacked in '10.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='765041' date='Apr 18 2009, 04:25 AM']unathletic? lmao.[/quote]

Unathletic may be a bit strong...........but the Curry household isn't the most athletic in the world. They do optimize their athleticism however, so that's a good thing.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='765962' date='Apr 21 2009, 07:06 PM']the curry's are a LOT more athletic than anyone gives them credit for. hell i bet none of you have watched seth curry play.[/quote]
He is supposed to be a bit more athletic than Steph so we could be in good company. He might have to fight for some PT. Andre Dawkins is going to be a special player. He might be the next dukie to have his number retired. He and Harrison Barnes, if he comes.

Things are looking up for Duke. The 2010 class is looking like it may be #1 in the nation while the 2009 class is looking to get a little stronger.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='766034' date='Apr 21 2009, 09:53 PM']curry will start. he will be the best pure scorer on the team.[/quote]
He isn't starting at the three. Andre Dawkins will be. The two will be Elliots position. The one will be occupied by Bledsoe, Knight, possibly Curry, or Thorton. Four will be had by Kyle if he stays or Kelly and five will be held down by Plumlee one two and Hairston.

Don't get me wrong, steph will get a ton of time. I just don't think he will start till Elliot is gone.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='766047' date='Apr 21 2009, 10:36 PM']lol. seth curry will start no doubt trust me.[/quote]
Where though? He won't over Dawkins, that kid is going to be playing some major minutes from day one. He is college ready. He won't start over Elliot whether he is a 2 or 3. And he isn't playing the point. He, Dawkins and Elliot will no doubt split time, i just think Andre will be given more time than seth. Andre is just too good.

• 2 months later...
Seth has been doing awesome with the U-20's. Probably the best player out there.

Now with Dre coming a year early..were setting up to be the best team in 2010. Hands down. With the pending commitment from Harrison Barnes and possibly Kyrie Irving and Roscoe Smith. Yikes. Then if Austin Rivers decommits and comes down with Quincy Miller and Brad Beal.

Duke's coming back..strong.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='16 July 2009 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1247792196' post='785428']
we are going to suck in 09 with people lost and elliot transferring out. but 2010 should be very strong.
[/quote]
2009 will be the year for UK and KU. But with Dre getting ACC time and Seth practicing with the team and Barnes coming..wow. I think it would be enough to keep Kyle around to win one in 2010. We will be the best team in 2010. No doubt.

We still might be a top 3 team in ACC though.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='16 July 2009 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1247795150' post='785434']
i hate talking duke with you cuz you are way to big of a homer. we are going to suck ass this year, no doubt.
[/quote]
We have four returning starters in the form of Jon, Nolan, Kyle, and Lance. We lost 4 players.

Your just a retard. This team was a lot more than the Gerald Henderson dunks you saw on sportscenter.

[quote name='JC' date='17 July 2009 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1247803309' post='785443']
We have four returning starters in the form of Jon, Nolan, Kyle, and Lance. We lost 4 players.

Your just a retard. This team was a lot more than the Gerald Henderson dunks you saw on sportscenter.
[/quote]

We lost Gerald Henderson AND Elliot Williams and even though he wasnt good we lost Paulus. We arent exactly bringing in stud freshman who are going to major contribute this year. We still have no post presence and we still have no PG. Nolan is not a PG. We will be a team that wins if we are hitting 3's but we arent going to pull games out this year when we arent hitting 3's like we did last year. We wont have as good of a driving O, we dont have a go to guy, we dont have any post game, we dont have post defense and we dont have as good of perimeter D as last year either. We should make the tourney and finish 4th in the ACC, but if we somehow missed on the tourney i wouldnt be shocked because i could see this team hit a bad stretch and just cave. 2010 is where its at. I am going to take the time to enjoy the entire NCAA game this year instead of just focusing on Duke because Duke isnt going to be an elite team this year. I know and I can accept it and I am not mad about it. Coach K corrected past errors (the last few years) he has made by making an incredible 2010 class.

Also i dont watch sportscenter and i only missed 2 Duke games all of last year. ;)

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='17 July 2009 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1247874684' post='785546']
We lost Gerald Henderson AND Elliot Williams and even though he wasnt good we lost Paulus. We arent exactly bringing in stud freshman who are going to major contribute this year. We still have no post presence and we still have no PG. Nolan is not a PG. We will be a team that wins if we are hitting 3's but we arent going to pull games out this year when we arent hitting 3's like we did last year. We wont have as good of a driving O, we dont have a go to guy, we dont have any post game, we dont have post defense and we dont have as good of perimeter D as last year either. We should make the tourney and finish 4th in the ACC, but if we somehow missed on the tourney i wouldnt be shocked because i could see this team hit a bad stretch and just cave. 2010 is where its at. I am going to take the time to enjoy the entire NCAA game this year instead of just focusing on Duke because Duke isnt going to be an elite team this year. I know and I can accept it and I am not mad about it. Coach K corrected past errors (the last few years) he has made by making an incredible 2010 class.

Also i dont watch sportscenter and i only missed 2 Duke games all of last year. ;)
[/quote]
I didn't even read past the second sentence to find bullshit. No stud freshman..especially that will contribute? Andre Dawkins in his self will provide a incredible spark off the bench if Nolan and Jon start. No doubt about it. He would start at 3 if we had enough guards. Not to mention Mason will probably start and Ryan Kelly will be backing Kyle up at the 3 with his three point range. And losing Elliot wasn't anything huge. He could slash and play defense but he didn't to helluva whole lot for us last year.

So now your going from suck ass to 4th in ACC? When i said top 3 and i was way to much of a homer? Hmmm..

Truth is..Duke has a pretty good interior defense and will have a much better post presence. Lance was one of our best defenders on the inside and Zoub has a ton of size and alters a lot of shots when he isn't getting fouls called on him. Mason Plumlee..that stud recruit that is coming in is extremely athletic and is going to have a big presence on the inside. Moving to the zone defense were going to play is going to make up for the lack of quickness we have. You might not want to get to comfortable watching the NCAA as a whole because the whole ACC is shit this year and with 4 of the top 5 leading scorers coming back from last year..we are probably the strongest of the bunch. Kyle Singler will be the go to guy the whole year and he may be the ACC POY be the end of the year. We aren't going to go far in the tourny but were gonna make a splash in a rather average ACC.

• 7 months later...
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='16 July 2009 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1247795150' post='785434']
i hate talking duke with you cuz you are way to big of a homer. we are going to suck ass this year, no doubt.
[/quote]
LOL.

Going for the clincher tomorrow night.

[quote name='JC' date='02 March 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1267590776' post='866563']
LOL.

Going for the clincher tomorrow night.
[/quote]

when we bounce in the sweet 16 ill come back with an i told you so...i dont care about winning the acc, hell butler probably could have won the damn acc this year lol. this team doesnt have what it takes to compete for a title this year. they arent a top 10 team and havent played like a top 10 team yet this year. i love them to death but this isnt this year and look what happened to them when they played a good team from the big east they looked bad. they dont have the team this year, but next year they will.

Archived