Gameday Threads

JBandJoeyV

Cueto can fan people, once he puts it consistently together he is going to be amazing. We have to hit lefties better. 3 hits in seven innings isn't going to win games. Votto is good, but we need more hits or were going to be fighting in the cellar with the Pirates who just kicked our ass yesterday.

[quote name='CTA513' post='763221' date='Apr 12 2009, 04:56 PM']Reds won 2-0 today

Harang: 9 Innings, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 0 BB, 9 Ks - 108 pitches[/quote]
Awesome. We really REALLY need Cueto and Volquez to get their control, uh, under control.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='763247' date='Apr 12 2009, 07:35 PM']they are fine lol it was the first game of the year for them. they are hot weather pitchers.[/quote]
Hopefully. And I know it's the first set of games in a long season, etc but Cueto in particular has something to prove. He shows flashes of greatness, has meltdowns, etc. He NEEDS to be more consistent. Obviously Volquez gets a pass. He was amazing last year.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='763247' date='Apr 12 2009, 09:35 PM']they are fine lol it was the first game of the year for them. they are hot weather pitchers.[/quote]

I'm not sure what the justification for that would be for a guy (Edinson) who posted ERAs of 1.23 and 1.63 in April and May, respectively, and then 3.45, 4.54, and 4.50 in the hottest months of the year. (It only went down again - to 4.09 - in September, when the air was cooling again). But it is a nice handy explanation which makes me feel more at ease, so a hot weather pitcher he is!

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='763261' date='Apr 12 2009, 10:15 PM']I'm not sure what the justification for that would be for a guy (Edinson) who posted ERAs of 1.23 and 1.63 in April and May, respectively, and then 3.45, 4.54, and 4.50 in the hottest months of the year. (It only went down again - to 4.09 - in September, when the air was cooling again). But it is a nice handy explanation which makes me feel more at ease, so a hot weather pitcher he is![/quote]

omgz! 1 year of stats beat out his entire career in the minors. i doubt he EVER puts up the #'s he did last year. he doesnt need to and isnt really expected to either.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='763267' date='Apr 12 2009, 09:41 PM']omgz! 1 year of stats beat out his entire career in the minors. i doubt he EVER puts up the #'s he did last year. he doesnt need to and isnt really expected to either.[/quote]
So now minor league numbers translate into the bigs?
:huh:

[quote name='CTA513' post='763221' date='Apr 12 2009, 04:56 PM']Reds won 2-0 today

Harang: 9 Innings, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 0 BB, 9 Ks - 108 pitches[/quote]

DAMN !!!!!!

Complete game shutout, only 3 hits, no walks and 9 strikeouts??????

[url="http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090412&content_id=4234752&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin"]http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/articl...sp&c_id=cin[/url]

Harang <-------- :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That is one hell of an outing !!!

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='763280' date='Apr 13 2009, 12:05 AM']DAMN !!!!!!

Complete game shutout, only 3 hits, no walks and 9 strikeouts??????

[url="http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090412&content_id=4234752&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin"]http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/articl...sp&c_id=cin[/url]

Harang <-------- :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That is one hell of an outing !!![/quote]

That was a great outing.

I hope he's back to pre-2008 Harang...

Volquez does not look good so far, at all.
WAY too many pitches being thrown and his command just isn't there.
Doesn't seem to have that confidence he had last year.
Looks as tho the league may have wised up to his change up.
Is it time to begin worrying about him a little? :anticipate:

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' post='763463' date='Apr 13 2009, 09:50 PM']Volquez does not look good so far, at all.
WAY too many pitches being thrown and his command just isn't there.
Doesn't seem to have that confidence he had last year.
Looks as tho the league may have wised up to his change up.
Is it time to begin worrying about him a little? :anticipate:[/quote]

Its been 1+ game...ill worry in may or june or something if it keeps up.

First a Homer by Bruce Almighty then a good at bat with bases loaded to get HBP with 2 outs to allow EE to get up and hit a grand slam!

Now EV needs to come threw, pitch a few scoreless innings and grab a win even though he has pitched pretty miserably so far.

[quote name='Elflocko' post='765005' date='Apr 17 2009, 11:02 PM']What'd I miss?

Fucking Yahoo isn't refreshing for shit... :glare:[/quote]

Ramon Hernandez hit a 2 run homer in the top of the 9th.

It's now bottom of the 9th 1 out and 2 on.

Archived