Gameday Threads

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='773131' date='May 3 2009, 03:45 PM']Yeah, JC is the man.

When him and easy EV come out and throw strikes and dont walk batters they are straight up nasty.

I think I would give Owings one more start and if he struggles again I would move him to the pen and give Homer Bailey a shot.[/quote]

move him to the pen? fuck that move his ass to LF.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='773164' date='May 3 2009, 07:18 PM']move him to the pen? fuck that move his ass to LF.[/quote]

Thats fine with me, I just want Homer to get his shot and see if hes finally put it together. He has more potential then Owings.

Imagine if Bailey finally reaches his potential, matching him with EV and JC then with the vets harang and arroyo. Nasty...

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='773165' date='May 3 2009, 07:25 PM']Thats fine with me, I just want Homer to get his shot and see if hes finally put it together. He has more potential then Owings.

Imagine if Bailey finally reaches his potential, [b]matching him with EV and JC then with the vets harang and arroyo. Nasty...[/b][/quote]

What was that about this years Reds being like the '91 Braves?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='773817' date='May 6 2009, 10:34 AM']another day another shutout.[/quote]

I wonder what the team record is for shutouts in a season? We must be on a pace to shatter it.

I realize the Reds probably won't keep the current pace, but if they did it would be 37 shutouts this season.

[quote name='Jason' post='773833' date='May 6 2009, 11:11 AM']I wonder what the team record is for shutouts in a season? We must be on a pace to shatter it.

I realize the Reds probably won't keep the current pace, but if they did it would be 37 shutouts this season.[/quote]

The Reds record for shutouts in a season is 23 by the 1919 Reds.

[quote name='Jason' post='773833' date='May 6 2009, 12:11 PM']I wonder what the team record is for shutouts in a season? We must be on a pace to shatter it.

I realize the Reds probably won't keep the current pace, but if they did it would be 37 shutouts this season.[/quote]

4 shutouts in 6 games has to be unheard of...especially for the reds. And I really think Cueto and Volkie are only gonna get better. Im very excited to watch this team play this summer.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='773842' date='May 6 2009, 11:23 AM']4 shutouts in 6 games has to be unheard of...especially for the reds. And I really think Cueto and Volkie are only gonna get better. Im very excited to watch this team play this summer.[/quote]

And it looks like Brandon and Ramon are starting to hit a little. If we can avoid major injuries this team could be pretty damn good this year.

[quote name='CTA513' post='774137' date='May 6 2009, 08:29 PM']9-0 Brewers after Arroyo gives up a grand slam to Braun

1 Inning, 7 Hits, 9 Runs, 3 BB, 0 K - 46 pitches[/quote]

Glad I turned it off when I did. Wow.

[quote name='CTA513' post='774179' date='May 7 2009, 12:11 AM']They lost 15-3

shortstop [b]Paul Janish pitched the 9th inning[/b] and struck out 2... but he also gave up 5 runs.[/quote]

:mellow: I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

[quote name='CTA513' post='774874' date='May 8 2009, 09:49 PM']Reds beat the Cardinals 6-4 tonight

Cueto went 7 innings and only gave up 1 run.
Pujols went 0 for 4 and [b]Cueto made him look bad on a strikeout in his 2nd at bat[/b].[/quote]
I saw that. Pujols looked muy confused by Cueto's stuff. Cueto is blossoming into an awesome pitcher this year. I'm really hoping that we sweep the Redbirds and start to get that GABP monkey off our back.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='775038' date='May 9 2009, 03:04 PM']Cueto is looking dominant. I mean as in "Cy Young" kind of dominant.

Of course it's a long season, blah blah blah, but damn guys, we might actually have a great one.[/quote]

The light seems to have come on for him this year.

And another win against the Cardinals is SWEEEET!

Archived