Anyone with a Rivals account?

JC

Is the 7 day free acount really free? Or is it just to get someone to sign up for a month?

And can someone drop me a little nugget on John Wall..my head is spinning trying to figure out whats going on.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='IKOTA' post='764642' date='Apr 17 2009, 11:11 AM']John Wall is adding Florida, Kansas to his list of suitors. He's an attention whore. He'll most likely end up at UK or KU IMO.[/quote]
I really don't think Kansas will even be a player. Way too far away from home for John. In the end its going to be a North Carolina school or UK. Mom is going to be a deciding factor in this process. If it goes her way he will be a Bluedevil. If she isn't wanting him to stay, he will probably be a Wildcat. Thats the word so far.

BTW, I have a scout.com membership, and here's a few insider article clips:

[quote name='From April 16' date=' 2009:']The most coveted player on the board, John Wall, has been the subject of a lot of discussion among Kentucky and North Carolina fans since Wall received a phone call from Roy Williams on the eve of the Final Four. This race has not yet heated up between the two schools, as today Wall told Scout.com affiliate Inside Carolina "Nothing has happened since then [with UNC]," Wall said. "I haven't talked to him yet. He said he was going to call me but I haven't had a chance to talk to him."

Is the righting on the Wall, so to speak?

Demling reports that Wall has spoken to only two coaches since the Final Four dead period ended last week, Kentucky’s Calipari and Florida’s Billy Donovan. Florida is a late entry in the Wall sweepstakes, and point guard Eric Bledsoe, also being recruited by Kentucky, has named the Gators his leader.[/quote]

[quote name='From April 15' date=' 2009:']Several weeks ago Wall was assumed to be headed to Memphis, but the coaching change there re-started the process for the Raleigh (N.C.) Word of God star.

"That opened up my recruitment a lot because Memphis was my leader at the time when Coach Cal[ipari] was there," Wall said Wednesday during a network studio interview.

"Right now I have no top schools. I'm going to sit down with my mom, my high school coach and my AAU coach when I get back home."

Wall is in New York right now for the Jordan Brand Classic, to be played Saturday at Madison Square Garden. He's joined by many fellow high school stars, including a couple of future ACC players that have been in his ear more than anyone else.

"The best [recruiter] is between John Henson and Mason Plumlee," Wall said. "They've been talking to me about going to Duke or Carolina a lot."

As for the Tar Heels, Wall received a now well publicized call from Roy Williams two days before the Final Four. Since then, his recruitment by North Carolina has yet to take the next step.

"Nothing has happened since then [with UNC]," Wall said. "I haven't talked to him yet. He said he was going to call me but I haven't had a chance to talk to him."

And what does Wall plan to bring to the team he chooses?

"You're going to get a great point guard - a leading point guard that will try to get my teammates involved and hopefully get a team a run at a national championship next year," he said.[/quote]

[quote name='From April 7' date=' 2009:']John Wall is a busy guy. He’s on the move.

The nation’s top point guard leaves for the Hoop Summit on Wednesday and his travels could keep him away from home until April 20. Wall is set to play in this weekend’s game and then the following weekend at the Jordan Brand in New York.

Since Word of God goes on break soon, Wall’s unlikely to be around Raleigh much. Translation: college coaches won’t be able to meet with him for at least a week and a half.

Recently, two superpowers rang up his digits. Head coaches from North Carolina and Florida connected with him on the phone. How serious are they? “I wouldn’t (add them to the list) as of right now because I hadn’t talked to them like that yet and I don’t know if it’s serious,” Wall said. “I’m supposed to talk to (North Carolina) and Coach Donovan from Florida. (The Gators) want a chance to recruit me. He couldn’t do it before because Nick Calathes was there.”

Wall’s supposition that there’s something to the calls is dead on. Florida’s Calathes is testing the waters and everyone who saw Monday’s national title game feels Tywon Lawson will follow suit and do the same soon.

North Carolina made headlines last Thursday when Roy Williams reached out to Wall before the Final Four. “He’s going to call me (this) Thursday when I’m in Oregon for the Hoop Summit.”

In the meantime, Duke, Baylor, Miami, North Carolina State, Kansas, Memphis and of course, Kentucky, have kept up communication.

On March 29, Wall was in Durham for a face-to-face with the Devils. “It’s going pretty good. I like Coach K and what he told me. It seemed like everything was great while I was over there.”

It will be interesting to see what the next two weeks bring for Wall. He’s set to play with Xavier Henry and DeMarcus Cousins in the Hoop Summit. A week later, they’ll all participate in the Jordan game. They’re linked by a common bond: John Calipari. Henry and Cousins were in the Memphis stable of recruits and Wall leaned the Tigers way before Coach Cal left for Lexington.

Will the time spent with Henry and Cousins unite the trio for UK? That remains to be seen. As far as Wall is concerned, he knows enough about the Wildcats that he won’t need a return trip to Lexington; he’s been to UK twice unofficially.

Miami has a scheduled visit with Wall the weekend of April 24-26. “They’ve been recruiting me for a while. They came down and talked to me for an hour and they said they wanted me to come down and take a visit. I’ll be at the Jordan game and then that next weekend I’ll go out there.”

Memphis, and new coach Josh Pastner, reached out to him on Monday. Wall’s yet to share the details of the call with his family and advisors.

“To have good programs like Carolina, Kentucky and Duke look at you … they’re all good situations,” Wall said.

As for now, the freshest information is the contact from North Carolina and Florida. Wall termed UNC’s interest as “something I’d like to explore.”

Last week’s call from Williams caught him off guard. “I was a little bit. I think they wanted to call before but they didn’t know what to talk about. (Williams is) going to talk to me first and then my mom. My mom said she’s going to talk to him when she gets chance.”[/quote]

Sweet. I appreciate it :049: . The whole draft thing has kind of been debunked. If he graduates from high school, he cannot enter. If he doesn't graduate he could go straight too, but i'm assuming he is going to class. It would be awfully risky not to get at least your high school diploma i would think.

I can't imagine why K hasn't spoken to Wall since the dead period. Maybe there focused on Bledsoe? Doesn't make sense to me..

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='764861' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:23 PM']What was that talk I heard of him going straight to the NBA because technically he'd qualify? Any validity to that?[/quote]

No validity to it.......just speculation. He and his mother and his HS coach have all said he's going to school (college). It's moot anyways as he would not be eligible for the draft under the current rules and he would need to challenge in court. See Dave Telep's comments for more detailed explanation. I don't have the article handy so I can't link it....sorry.

[quote name='JC' post='764873' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:56 PM']Sweet. I appreciate it :049: . The whole draft thing has kind of been debunked. If he graduates from high school, he cannot enter. If he doesn't graduate he could go straight too, but i'm assuming he is going to class. It would be awfully risky not to get at least your high school diploma i would think.

I can't imagine why K hasn't spoken to Wall since the dead period. Maybe there focused on Bledsoe? Doesn't make sense to me..[/quote]

Don't know where you're getting your info from, but it seems to be inaccurate. He cannot declare for the draft if he doesn't graduate from HS and if he does (which he will) he's not eligible under the current NBA rules either. He could potentially challenge in court because he will be 19 yrs old. The problem with Wall is that he didn't go to HS, graduate in 4 yrs and then go to prep school. He went to 1 HS for 3 yrs and transferred to another for 2 yrs and hasn't even graduated yet, thus making him 1 year removed from HS when he does graduate.......not 2, which is how the wording is at the moment as far as draft eligibility is concerned.

Archived