Charlie Casserly's Latest Mock on NFL Network

[quote name='scharm' post='764978' date='Apr 17 2009, 10:14 PM']They sacked the QB 17 times, there is no need to do it more.

Fail :rolleyes:

Of course some say they know for certain that Curry is a top of the bengals board, boy wouldn't this be fun if it happened?[/quote]
I think you disagree with everything I say on purpose.

Do you seriously believe Orakpo would be a great pick with Curry AND Monroe available? We would have 3 highly paid defensive ends on the roster and miss out on huge upgrades at left tackle and strong side linebacker.

I'm sure the 17 sacks has absolutely nothing to do with our starting ends missing 75% of the season.

[quote name='happyrid' post='764901' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:00 PM']Not a fan of Orakpo's at all.

I'd probably take Andre Smith over Curry but it is close, kind of depends on how worried they are about Smith's character/maturity issues.[/quote]

+ 2, I'd take quite a few before Orakpo.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='764982' date='Apr 17 2009, 10:23 PM']I think you disagree with everything I say on purpose.

Do you seriously believe Orakpo would be a great pick with Curry AND Monroe available? We would have 3 highly paid defensive ends on the roster and miss out on huge upgrades at left tackle and strong side linebacker.

I'm sure the 17 sacks has absolutely nothing to do with our starting ends missing 75% of the season.[/quote]

I don't pretend that I can actually know how well these players are going to develop into the pro game.

I don't disagree with what you say, I think there are certainly more options than what you allow for.

Again, I'll pick you up on draft day, drive you down to PBS and listen as you tell Marvin Lewis, Zimmer, Fitzgerald why Orakpo was just a horrible pick. Then we'll go and get some cheese coney's.

I believe I'll like the prospect of adding a pass rusher like him to a defense that screams the need. Does that mean I feel the other options are horrible or a wasted pick? No. It's the fucking NFL draft! Back way from the draft mag for a second, please.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='764982' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:23 PM']I think you disagree with everything I say on purpose.

I'm sure the 17 sacks has absolutely nothing to do with our starting ends missing 75% of the season.[/quote]

Geathers played in and started 11 games. Odom played in 12 and started 8. They did not miss close to 75% of the season. And even if you double their numbers for the games they did play it's still only a TOTAL of 11 for both of them. Our pass rush sucks and there's no 2 ways about it. And for all the Justin bashers around here, his 7 sacks is more than twice what our leader had.

I have no problem giving the D another year to get the sacks up. They focused on the run, and faced a ton of attempts. Perhaps with the addition of Tank, and Sims having some experience might just help the Defensive ends. Also an improvement at LB should help the D line as well. I certainly don't think Orakpo is the answer in terms of getting us back to the playoffs but you guys go on and believe that if you want to.

I think Orakpo will be a solid player but taking him doesn't make sense from a financial stand point. Geathers and Odom get big money Fananee is paid decent so to me not much sense. If Curry is trully there when we pick and J. Smith and Monroe are gone I think he or Raji are the pick.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='764888' date='Apr 17 2009, 07:43 PM']Now you know why he is out of a job.[/quote]

yeah he's the dumbass that took Mario Williams over Reggie Bush....
He blieves in a pass rush...no wonder he lost his job.....
why dont you think before you post sometimes???

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='765027' date='Apr 18 2009, 12:26 AM']yeah he's the dumbass that took Mario Williams over Reggie Bush....[/quote]

Whoa. That is really something to put on his next resume.

[quote]He blieves in a pass rush...no wonder he lost his job.....[/quote]

I believe in pass rush too. And I have a job.

[quote]why dont you think before you post sometimes???[/quote]

I can think while I post. I am a mutil-tasker.

It seems you thinking before you post doesn't help a damn thing though.

[quote name='Jason' post='764997' date='Apr 17 2009, 11:09 PM']Geathers played in and started 11 games. Odom played in 12 and started 8. They did not miss close to 75% of the season. And even if you double their numbers for the games they did play it's still only a TOTAL of 11 for both of them. Our pass rush sucks and there's no 2 ways about it. And for all the Justin bashers around here, his 7 sacks is more than twice what our leader had.[/quote]

Thank you.

People on here think our dline is a bunch of allpros. Qbs had too much time to pick us apart all the time. Who cares if we gave someone a decent contract...they arent getting the job done. Raji or any de would be viable picks if they feel they are upgrades. No one on a dline is safe when they produce only 17 sacks all year.

[quote name='kdubdub' post='765075' date='Apr 18 2009, 09:43 AM']Thank you.

People on here think our dline is a bunch of allpros. Qbs had too much time to pick us apart all the time. Who cares if we gave someone a decent contract...they arent getting the job done. Raji or any de would be viable picks if they feel they are upgrades. No one on a dline is safe when they produce only 17 sacks all year.[/quote]
They didn't just get "decent" contracts, they are 2 of the highest paid players on the team. Why upgrade a position in which you already have two highly paid young guys and ignore upgrading broken down Levi Jones or CFL Rashad Jeanty?

It just does not make any sense whatsoever to draft Orakpo over Curry and Monroe. Nobody can convince me of that.

Denver and Jacksonville swiped 2 Florida Defensive ends in front of the bengals the past 2 drafts. There was speculation that the bengals had targeted them both and were hoping they'd fall.

Manny Lawson (??) was targeted by them. They drafted David Pollack.

All this happened with Geathers, Justin Smith and Odom on the roster.

I don't know what's going to happen but a team that only has 17 sacks is going to and should give strong consideration to improving that.

I would not be disappointed at all if they used the #6 pick on a player that COULD add a game changer in that front 7.

[quote name='kdubdub' post='765075' date='Apr 18 2009, 09:43 AM']Thank you.

People on here think our dline is a bunch of allpros. Qbs had too much time to pick us apart all the time. Who cares if we gave someone a decent contract...they arent getting the job done. Raji or any de would be viable picks if they feel they are upgrades. No one on a dline is safe when they produce only 17 sacks all year.[/quote]

kdub, I'm not trying to be an ass, but I don't think you and Jason understand how D-line play works. The problem for the Bengals has not been the DE production, it has been the DT production. Since we have not been able to sustain a push up the middle, it makes it very difficult for the DE's to get to the QB. If you look at most DE sacks, it is the result of the QB not being able to step up into the pocket and/or having to move laterally to try to get rid of the ball. I think that was the primary reason why the went and got Tank, he and Sims both have good first steps and can get the push neccessary up the middle to allow our DE's an opportunity to get to the QB.

Archived