Enjoying NBA Basketball more and more...

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='778392' date='May 23 2009, 01:59 PM']What the fuck were you, 4 or 5 when Kareem retired? Wow, no wonder you're an expert on his 20-year NBA career.

Doogie Howser strikes again! :rolleyes:[/quote]

It's well known that he didn't try very hard in the regular season.

Oh yeah, Barkley was always on cruise control. You talk shit about Shaq coming into the season out of shape.... again hypocritical. Charles Barkley was always loafing and out of shape. Doesn't mean he wasn't awesome. You're really inconsistent with who earns your scorn for giving less than 100%.

[quote name='sois' post='778451' date='May 24 2009, 04:48 PM']Anyway, this postseason has been awesome. I'm loving it. I can't believe LeBron. I thought they were going down 0-2. Amazing.[/quote]
Yeah, I might have to see if I can find a game or two on ESPN over here. It'd be nice to see what the hype is about. And it's not like there's anything else to watch here. <_<

how could anyone hate on Lebron though, he's a good kid. never been arrested, and can hoop it the fuck up! that shot in the Orlando game was unreal ! did anyone see him on 60 minutes ? if not then you should. i like Lebron and i hope he gets his ring. im not a big NBA fan but out of all the teams left i want to see the Nuggets in the finals vs. the Cavs. and whoever wins it im cool cause i like Kmart since i went to school with him and i support my home boy :D

anywho, check this shit out. and they said that he only tried that one time, there wasn't a take 2 or 3 or 4!!!

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='778327' date='May 23 2009, 08:16 AM']Man that was sick!! What a finish. I thought for sure Orlando was going home up 2-0
but nooooooooooooooo. Oh well. Orlando is doing it to themselves. Starting out
pathetically slow and getting down by 10 + points early in the game.[/quote]

Orlando does seem to have a habit of falling behind too often early. Their defense isn't as consistent as it should be, but they have an amazing offense with all of those shooters plus Dwight Howard.

cant do anything about lebrons last shot in fridays game, but the 10 total shit calls against dwight and for lebron throughout the 2nd 3rd and part of the 4th quarter should ahve had the magic never down by 23 and up by probably 10, making that shot pointless.

Nike Basketball Association seems to be in effect in the playoffs...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='778569' date='May 24 2009, 11:57 PM']cant do anything about lebrons last shot in fridays game, but the 10 total shit calls against dwight and for lebron throughout the 2nd 3rd and part of the 4th quarter should ahve had the magic never down by 23 and up by probably 10, making that shot pointless.

Nike Basketball Association seems to be in effect in the playoffs...[/quote]

Although it's bullshit, I guess I can see the home team getting some calls but this
is getting out of control. Especially considering that Orlando isnt getting these so
called home team calls. Same bullshit calls the Cavs were getting in Cleveland
they're getting in Orlando. I'm sure the "higher ups" in the league are praying for
a Kobe vs. LeBron finals but make them earn it.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='778569' date='May 24 2009, 10:57 PM']cant do anything about lebrons last shot in fridays game, but the 10 total shit calls against dwight and for lebron throughout the 2nd 3rd and part of the 4th quarter should ahve had the magic never down by 23 and up by probably 10, making that shot pointless.

Kinda putting a damper on this cool post season. :(

[quote name='GoBengals' post='778569' date='May 24 2009, 10:57 PM']cant do anything about lebrons last shot in fridays game, but the 10 total shit calls against dwight and for lebron throughout the 2nd 3rd and part of the 4th quarter should ahve had the magic never down by 23 and up by probably 10, making that shot pointless.

tell me about it. TNT and Barkley were showing the 3 foul calls made against the Magic in which lebron was NEVER even touched and they called a foul. dwight is getting fucked over by these piece of shit refs.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='778585' date='May 25 2009, 08:09 AM']Although it's bullshit, I guess I can see the home team getting some calls but this
is getting out of control. Especially considering that Orlando isnt getting these so
called home team calls. Same bullshit calls the Cavs were getting in Cleveland
they're getting in Orlando. I'm sure the "higher ups" in the league are praying for
a Kobe vs. LeBron finals but make them earn it.[/quote]

Orlando is getting screwed. The higher ups definitely want LA vs Cavs, but it wont happen. Orlando is just a MUCH better team than cleveland and are overcoming the BS calls. Denver is getting screwed too and they cant overcome the refs it seems. Lebron is a great great player and imo he is almost at jordan status and easily has the ability to be better than jordan, but it hurts that he doesnt have shit for teammates. they showed that stat last night that in these 3 games lebron has 64 points in the 4th quarter and the rest of his team has 67 points. He has no help. Give him a pippen or something and Orlando wouldnt be winning these. I am a huge orlando fan so i dont mind lebron having shitty teammates haha.

a lot of magic fans here, good stuff.. ive been a magic fan since i was a little kid during the shaq/penny days
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='778643' date='May 25 2009, 03:29 PM']tell me about it. TNT and Barkley were showing the 3 foul calls made against the Magic in which lebron was NEVER even touched and they called a foul. dwight is getting fucked over by these piece of shit refs.

Orlando is getting screwed. The higher ups definitely want LA vs Cavs, but it wont happen. Orlando is just a MUCH better team than cleveland and are overcoming the BS calls. Denver is getting screwed too and they cant overcome the refs it seems. Lebron is a great great player and imo he is almost at jordan status and easily has the ability to be better than jordan, but it hurts that he doesnt have shit for teammates. they showed that stat last night that in these 3 games lebron has 64 points in the 4th quarter and the rest of his team has 67 points. He has no help. Give him a pippen or something and Orlando wouldnt be winning these. I am a huge orlando fan so i dont mind lebron having shitty teammates haha.[/quote]
seriously what the hell... the goaltending call they missed on lees layup (which espn has completely covered up by just calling it a good block), the foul on hedo when he didnt touch lebrons head, and the worst one, the foul that fouled dwight out which was not only a clean block, but one of the best defensive plays of the playoffs... that should have been top play on espn but because of this crap it was just a "foul"

dwights always in foul trouble because lebron just has to barrel into someone and gets a call

magic are the better team though, the refs can only do so much

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='778648' date='May 25 2009, 03:14 PM']a lot of magic fans here, good stuff.. ive been a magic fan since i was a little kid during the shaq/penny days

seriously what the hell... the goaltending call they missed on lees layup (which espn has completely covered up by just calling it a good block), the foul on hedo when he didnt touch lebrons head, and the worst one, the foul that fouled dwight out which was not only a clean block, but one of the best defensive plays of the playoffs... that should have been top play on espn but because of this crap it was just a "foul"

dwights always in foul trouble because lebron just has to barrel into someone and gets a call

magic are the better team though, the refs can only do so much[/quote]

they are sure trying their best at handing it over...

MAYBE espn and the nba and nike shouldnt be running non stop kobe vs lebron commercials, half hour specials, stories, everhthing while these teams compete. it makes it disturbingly more obvious....

and lebron is going to be a broken shell of himself in 3-4 years if he continues to have to carry his team, the dude it BEAT, bleeding all over, worn out, cramping up, in game 2 he got to sit a bit being up by 23 at one point, got some rest, and hit that shot...

It must be really bad if you guys are getting so upset about it. The officiating in the NBA has always been crap.

While I tend to be the conspiracy theorist (go figure ^_^) that thinks the league is out to create the "ideal" matchup for the finals based on marketing dollars, what is the other option?

Hmm, let's see. In the last Orlando/Cleveland game, Joe Crawford was the lead official. He's 57 years old. Mark Wunderlich is 50. Greg Willard is 50.

Anyone see a problem with having 50 year old guys running up and down the court with guys like LeBron, Kobe, Carmelo, etc for 48 minutes a game? I mean, if the professional athletes themselves can't keep up once they reach the age of 35+, how likely is it that the refs can get up and down the floor all night, and consistently be in the proper position to make the correct calls. Especially at the end of the game? Even in my heyday, I couldn't have done it.

(btw, i stole this idea from a bill simmons column, but i think it bears some merit)

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='778681' date='May 25 2009, 09:26 PM']It must be really bad if you guys are getting so upset about it. The officiating in the NBA has always been crap.

While I tend to be the conspiracy theorist (go figure ^_^) that thinks the league is out to create the "ideal" matchup for the finals based on marketing dollars, what is the other option?

Hmm, let's see. In the last Orlando/Cleveland game, Joe Crawford was the lead official. He's 57 years old. Mark Wunderlich is 50. Greg Willard is 50.

Anyone see a problem with having 50 year old guys running up and down the court with guys like LeBron, Kobe, Carmelo, etc for 48 minutes a game? I mean, if the professional athletes themselves can't keep up once they reach the age of 35+, how likely is it that the refs can get up and down the floor all night, and consistently be in the proper position to make the correct calls. Especially at the end of the game? Even in my heyday, I couldn't have done it.

(btw, i stole this idea from a bill simmons column, but i think it bears some merit)[/quote]

officiating has been retched.. in the lakers nuggets game now, the nuggets are getting the better half but not by much... and kobe was allowed to RIP into 2 officials for about 3 straight minutes, going the fuck off... if dwight howard or carmelo had done 1/50th of that jawing they would ahve been T'd twice and ejected...

EDIT: may have spoke to soon.. i think its "even up the score for ratings" time in this one..

RE-Edit: Nuggets are killin em now.. up by 16..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='778698' date='May 26 2009, 12:23 AM']officiating has been retched.. in the lakers nuggets game now, the nuggets are getting the better half but not by much... and kobe was allowed to RIP into 2 officials for about 3 straight minutes, going the fuck off... if dwight howard or carmelo had done 1/50th of that jawing they would ahve been T'd twice and ejected...

EDIT: may have spoke to soon.. i think its "even up the score for ratings" time in this one..

RE-Edit: Nuggets are killin em now.. up by 16..[/quote]

Speaking of "Technical Fouls", Dwight Howard has 5 so far this postseason. Number 7 will
get him a 1 game suspension. I'm guessing this will factor in to the opposition's plan before
long.

I'm surprised that the Cavs were able to hang with the Magic in Game 4. Orlando hit 17 threes for the game (17-38, 44.7%) with 6 different players combining to make at least one, including six from Rafer Alston and five from Michael Pietrus. That is almost impossible to overcome.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='778727' date='May 26 2009, 08:35 AM']Speaking of "Technical Fouls", Dwight Howard has 5 so far this postseason. Number 7 will
get him a 1 game suspension. I'm guessing this will factor in to the opposition's plan before
long.[/quote]

certainly has... i think the nba will remove the one from last night though.. that was some bullshit! Tho the second i saw it i was like "heeee's gonna get a T"... he isnt getting superstar treatment yet.. he is still getting the bone....they better remove that one.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='778916' date='May 27 2009, 02:15 AM']I'm surprised that the Cavs were able to hang with the Magic in Game 4. Orlando hit 17 threes for the game (17-38, 44.7%) with 6 different players combining to make at least one, including six from Rafer Alston and five from Michael Pietrus. That is almost impossible to overcome.[/quote]

still some bullshit calls.. 3-4 tick tack fouls called the wrong way can effect a game.. waive off a basket at one end and make a 3 pint play at the other.. you can have 7-10 point swap in no time..

nuggets are getting fucked currently.. i didnt see the first half, but so far in the late 3rd early 4th theres some bullshit going on...

amazing to see a flex by dwight is a technical, but a shove by brown and stare down by odom is nothing in LA...

not to mention the moving out of the way while he dunks, is apparently a foul as well....

[quote name='GoBengals' post='779088' date='May 28 2009, 12:16 AM']nuggets are getting fucked currently.. i didnt see the first half, but so far in the late 3rd early 4th theres some bullshit going on...

amazing to see a flex by dwight is a technical, but a shove by brown and stare down by odom is nothing in LA...

not to mention the moving out of the way while he dunks, is apparently a foul as well....[/quote]

Didnt get to watch the Nuggets v Lakers game last night. Then again probably dont have to
see it to know they're getting screwed by the refs.

Anxious to watch the game tonight. Hopefully the Magic put em away tonight. That would have to
rank right up there with "The Drive" and such as far as Cleveland Sports Failures. Best record in
the NBA regular season led by league MVP LeBron James. Sweep first 2 opponents only to lose
4 out of 5 and be jettisoned out of the playoffs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='779121' date='May 28 2009, 08:06 AM']Didnt get to watch the Nuggets v Lakers game last night. Then again probably dont have to

Anxious to watch the game tonight. Hopefully the Magic put em away tonight. That would have to
rank right up there with "The Drive" and such as far as Cleveland Sports Failures. Best record in
the NBA regular season led by league MVP LeBron James. Sweep first 2 opponents only to lose
4 out of 5 and be jettisoned out of the playoffs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

yes, i think the refs hand one to the cavs if at all possible... they need another primetime game for the MVP.. i decided not to make the trip for this one, and reserve some time off from work for the finals... ill be going to all magic home games in the playoffs.. and ALL games in the nuggets go too..wifes gonna be pissed.

but if its even remotely close tonight.. i expect it to be brutally and obviously handed to the cavs... they might as well sit dwight in the 3rd and 4th quarter if its close.. get some rest.. theyll let the magic win game 6.. they just need a respectable showing of the MVP in this series..and let the magic win it at home...the fans deserve it there too.. great crowd.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='779121' date='May 28 2009, 09:06 AM']Didnt get to watch the Nuggets v Lakers game last night. Then again probably dont have to

4 out of 5 and be jettisoned out of the playoffs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I wouldn't call it a failure. Orlando is a very good team and they have owned the Cavs recently. Sure, if you take away LeBron's game winner in Game 2 the series would already be over. But then again, if you take away either of Rashard Lewis' threes in Game 1 or Game 4 and the Cavs likely win those games. With the exception of Game 3, this series has been very, very close.

Archived