Enjoying NBA Basketball more and more...

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='779334' date='May 29 2009, 07:52 AM']Magic screwed themselves last night. Although there were still quite a few bullshit calls
going to the Cavs. How in the hell do you fall behind by 20+ points in the first quarter?!
To their credit though they fought back and made it close.[/quote]

they pretty much did that in games 1 and 2. and it is pretty obvious how the cavs shot like 77% in the 1st quarter and it wasnt because of layups. they just hit jumpers all over the place.

magic got hosed.. they had a 30 point turn around.. were down 22, and then up 8... Mickael Peitrus(sp?) gets the majority of the god awful aclls since he has lebron a lot.. howard gets fucked too..

this series should have been over in 4 games...

if they lose i dont know what i would do.. i sure wont give a fuck about the finals..

two teams handed the spots..

nuggets are getting RAPED right now...

brutally raped.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='779463' date='May 29 2009, 10:54 PM']magic got hosed.. they had a 30 point turn around.. were down 22, and then up 8... Mickael Peitrus(sp?) gets the majority of the god awful aclls since he has lebron a lot.. howard gets fucked too..

this series should have been over in 4 games...

if they lose i dont know what i would do.. i sure wont give a fuck about the finals..

two teams handed the spots..

nuggets are getting RAPED right now...

brutally raped.[/quote]

pietrus has played phenomenal defense but anytime lebron throws and elbow at pietrus or runs into pietrus it is pietrus fault. hell if lebron trips over his own feet and isnt touched by anyone they call a foul on pietrus. its fucking retarded. cavs vs lakers = me not watching, but hoping the cavs win.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='779505' date='May 30 2009, 07:19 AM']Really wanted to see the Nuggets in the finals. One thing that pisses me off royally about
the Magic. I'm really beginning to wonder if anyone on that team, coaching staff or players
knows what the fuck an offensive rebound is?[/quote]

Dwight Howard says you are a moron.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='779505' date='May 30 2009, 07:19 AM']Really wanted to see the Nuggets in the finals. One thing that pisses me off royally about
the Magic. I'm really beginning to wonder if anyone on that team, coaching staff or players
knows what the fuck an offensive rebound is?[/quote]

They all just assume the shots going in... and it normally does..

dwight only gets his REBs on short shots that he is round to grab or tip in..

great rebounder in general.. but thats about all youll see on the offensive end..

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='779545' date='May 30 2009, 02:25 PM']pietrus has played phenomenal defense but anytime lebron throws and elbow at pietrus or runs into pietrus it is pietrus fault. hell if lebron trips over his own feet and isnt touched by anyone they call a foul on pietrus. its fucking retarded. cavs vs lakers = me not watching, but hoping the cavs win.

Dwight Howard says you are a moron.[/quote]

Can you read? Seriously? Orlando has 683 total rebounds so far in the playoffs
of which 151 have been offensive. Dwight Howard has 263 rebounds of which
75 are offensive. About 35% of his rebounds are offensive and as a team less
than 25%.

Cleveland on the other hand only has 530 total rebounds yet 133 are offensive
rebounds.

Lakers have 664 total rebounds and of those 203 are offensive rebounds.

Nuggets have 644 total rebounds and 171 are offensive.

Orlando blows when it comes to offensive rebounding.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='779567' date='May 30 2009, 07:00 PM']Can you read? Seriously? Orlando has 683 total rebounds so far in the playoffs
of which 151 have been offensive. Dwight Howard has 263 rebounds of which
75 are offensive. About 35% of his rebounds are offensive and as a team less
than 25%.

Cleveland on the other hand only has 530 total rebounds yet 133 are offensive
rebounds.

Lakers have 664 total rebounds and of those 203 are offensive rebounds.

Nuggets have 644 total rebounds and 171 are offensive.

Orlando blows when it comes to offensive rebounding.[/quote]

and give me each teams statistics for shooting %.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='779577' date='May 30 2009, 09:35 PM']and give me each teams statistics for shooting %.[/quote]

Couldnt find what their shooting percentages were for the playoffs but I would imagine
it's not far off for what they shot in the regular season which is as follows:

Cleveland 46%
LA 47%
Denver 47%
Orlando 45%

Pretty much the same so I dont know where you're trying to go with it.

Last night was about the best job I've seen out of them on the offensive
glass.

All I care is that Orlando won and hopefully they can pull it off over the
Lakers. Barkley took the Magic in 7.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='779639' date='May 31 2009, 08:52 PM']Orlando will be a tough matchup for the Lakers. Odom will be the key player and it comes down to him matching up against Lewis and Turkoglu. Howard versus Gasol should work in Orlando's favor.[/quote]
My care-o-meter is rooting for the unlikely team, the Magic. It seemed the Cavs/Lakers series was almost foregone with the LeBron/Kobe starpower, but now it's a different matchup.

I hope the Lakers don't win. I am tired of the whole LA thing, from TV overexposure, the anointing of Kobe Bryant as "The Next Big Thing", Phil Jackson rubbing his zen chin, the assumption that they will win no matter whom they play, all of it.

I generally dislike the NBA, but go Orlando.

The magic are 2-0 against LAL this year and might be getting Jameer Nelson back. It's looking pretty good for them i think.

They need some 3's from J.J. though.

Go Orlando! Dwight Howard has taken a lot of heat from Simmons for not having any low post moves. I hope he wins it and proves Simmons wrong. Either that, or him winning the title despite having no low post moves will be awesome.

Plus Kobe is annoying. Another Plus: I'd like to hear a sequel to "How My Ass Taste, Kobe" by Shaq.

[quote name='sois' post='779728' date='Jun 1 2009, 01:56 PM']Go Orlando! Dwight Howard has taken a lot of heat from Simmons for not having any low post moves. I hope he wins it and proves Simmons wrong. Either that, or him winning the title despite having no low post moves will be awesome.

Plus Kobe is annoying. Another Plus: I'd like to hear a sequel to "How My Ass Taste, Kobe" by Shaq.[/quote]

Simmons is a tool. Dwight relies on dunking too much but in game 6 a lot (and in many other games the entire playoffs) he has shown a shit load of post moves. he can go left or right his biggest weakness is that instead of keeping the ball high he brings it down low too much. he is starting to get a good hook shot from either hand and he has been showing glimpses the last 2 series of using the glass better and better. plus he seems to have a much more consistent stroke from the FT line and is hitting a much better % of late too. if he continues the consistent form (which isnt bad form) he will start gaining confidence and his jumper will improve too. dwight at the beginning of the year is nothing like dwight right now.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='779792' date='Jun 1 2009, 07:25 PM']Bynum will be another key player for the Lakers. They'll need quality minutes from him matched up against Howard. Pietrus and Lee will play Kobe but he'll get his points no matter what. It'll come down to Orlando hitting threes and how well Howard can contain Gasol.[/quote]

it isnt really a concern of how well howard contains gasol, howard is one of the best defensive players in the game. it has to do with how Laker sided the refs are and if they call a bunch of bullshit fouls on howard.

Archived