Pod Cast With JT and Gary Reasons!

[quote name='Mortgage_Man_X' post='777578' date='May 20 2009, 10:25 AM']Can someonelet me in on this? I feel like a complete fucking moron.[/quote]
If memory serves, Reasons in effect gave Shula the finger from the get go, going as far as either messing with his hat or hair on the sidelines of one of the games. Someone is going to have to refresh me a little bit on this, but it was total disrespect on Reasons' part. Amusing if nothing else.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='777579' date='May 20 2009, 10:28 AM']If memory serves, Reasons in effect gave Shula the finger from the get go, going as far as either messing with his hat or hair on the sidelines of one of the games. Someone is going to have to refresh me a little bit on this, but it was total disrespect on Reasons' part. Amusing if nothing else.[/quote]

As I remember, Dave was yelling something at Reasons as he came off the field and
Gary seemed to smile, and tugged on the Shula’s hat. Like, "Calm down little guy".
It was total disrespect. But I don't think any player ever had any respect for Shula.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='777590' date='May 20 2009, 11:52 AM']As I remember, Dave was yelling something at Reasons as he came off the field and
Gary seemed to smile, and tugged on the Shula’s hat. Like, "Calm down little guy".
It was total disrespect. But I don't think any player ever had any respect for Shula.[/quote]

Ok, found an article about it:

[quote]Oakland, CA: Although my paperboy is an upgrade over Art Shell. much head-scratching on the hiring of this kid from USC. Even if Al Davis is looking for a clone of his earlier incarnation, is Lane Kiffin truly the best of the young, offensive masterminds in college and the pros?

Larry Weisman: Head scratching only leads to splinters. And Mom won't let me use the tweezers after that thing with the cat ... Well, that's a story for another year ... The only head coach-type person who really seemed interested in that job was Jim Fassel. No one wants it. So Al had to hire someone with some sizzle, though I doubt this guy can be the real deal. Doogie Coach. You may remember when David Shula was the boy coach of the Bengals and one of his players (Gary Reasons, if my membrane serves) pulled Shula's ballcap down over his eyes -- on the sidelines, during a game. Try that with Bill Parcells and you will find out two things -- he doesn't wear a hat and you no longer have a hand. Or a job. If I were Al (and that has to scare both of us a lot), I would have phoned Cal coach Jeff Tedford and said, "Jeff, $5 million a year, 5 years, with a $1 million bonus each year we are over .500. Coach the team, pick the personnel people, I am moving to Boca Raton. Sign this deal and I will never call you, never bother you, never look at any film other than The Sorrow and The Pity." And that's why Al is Al and I am me and he owns a team and the bank and I own my house.[/quote]

[url="http://transcripts.usatoday.com/Chats/transcript.aspx?c=1021"]http://transcripts.usatoday.com/Chats/transcript.aspx?c=1021[/url]

I have a feeling that I should stay 80 miles away from this...... :lol:

Archived