Terrelle Pryor in the NFL

Jason

Terrelle Pryor Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What position will Terrelle Pryor play most in the NFL

• Quarterback
    • Wide Receiver
    • Other - specify below
  2. 2. How good will Terrelle Pryor be in the NFL?

• Bust
    • Poor
    • Average
    • above average
    • Great
    • Elite

I know, he still has at least 2 more college seasons to play, but that's part of what makes it fun now.

Here are some video clips to help you think about it:

From the 2009 OSU Spring Game:

Playing WR vs Texas

Freshman highlights

I think Pryor..if he gets all the throwing down will be like Donavan McNabb. He is pretty agile and has a huge frame.

I think the guy will be an awesome QB..especially if the wildcat formation keeps taking off.

[quote name='Tigris' post='778389' date='May 23 2009, 02:41 PM']And by the way... just for everyone that was wondering - I've heard from a couple of first-hand sources that Pryor is a complete prick.[/quote]
Ditto.

No one really likes him on the team. He feels he is above.

[quote name='JC' post='778391' date='May 23 2009, 02:54 PM']Ditto.

No one really likes him on the team. He feels he is above.[/quote]

With the way lots of the high-profile amateur recruits publicly vaccillate and waffle over their college choices for attention, and call press conferences as if they're Brett Favre announcing retirements 1-3, it's no wonder so many (if not most) of them turn out to be shitwits.

[quote name='Tigris' post='778389' date='May 23 2009, 02:41 PM']And by the way... just for everyone that was wondering - I've heard from a couple of first-hand sources that Pryor is a complete prick.[/quote]
So what? I don't care if he was Hitler...Doesn't take away that he will be a great player...Showed lots of potential his freshman year...He's young...Everybody knows how college athletes can be..I'm pretty sure if anybody else had as much hype as Terrelle did last year they would be just as big of a douchebag.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='778529' date='May 24 2009, 03:50 PM']Such a thing doesn't exist.[/quote]

My point.

Just like the last "Great Michigan Running Back".

It doesn't exist...

[quote name='Jason' post='778533' date='May 24 2009, 04:24 PM']So, would the 3 of you who voted he would play "other" like to indicate where?[/quote]

I'd like to but I have no idea.

Maybe WR?

[quote name='Elflocko' post='778580' date='May 25 2009, 02:36 AM']My point.

Just like the last "Great Michigan Running Back".

It doesn't exist...

I'd like to but I have no idea.

Maybe WR?[/quote]
There is a selection for WR...He'd be disgusting at TE if QB didn't work out for him..

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' post='778499' date='May 24 2009, 12:56 PM']So what? I don't care if he was Hitler...Doesn't take away that he will be a great player...Showed lots of potential his freshman year...He's young...Everybody knows how college athletes can be..I'm pretty sure if anybody else had as much hype as Terrelle did last year they would be just as big of a douchebag.[/quote]

I never said anything about that. I just said that I know from a couple of guys who are around him daily that he's an ass hole. Not everyone that is high-profile is a douchebag, just Pryor... haha just kidding.

Like JC said though, even before I heard anything about him I thought that he looked like a "too good for you" person.

[quote name='Tigris' post='778619' date='May 25 2009, 01:37 PM']I never said anything about that. I just said that I know from a couple of guys who are around him daily that he's an ass hole. Not everyone that is high-profile is a douchebag, just Pryor... haha just kidding.

Like JC said though, even before I heard anything about him I thought that [size=4][b]he looked like a "too good for you" person.[/b][/size][/quote]
That's because he is :P

Eventually the guys aren't going to want to block for the cat that thinks he's too good for attending study tables while the rest of the team does and is generally an asshole to everyone not in his posse.

Dude is a cunt but very good. He will get his ass kicked if he tries his shit in the NFL though.

[quote name='Jason' post='778533' date='May 24 2009, 04:24 PM']So, would the 3 of you who voted he would play "other" like to indicate where?[/quote]

I think he could excel in the "Vince Young Role" in a single-clipboard formation.

[quote name='#22' post='778712' date='May 26 2009, 12:23 AM']I would say "Wide Receiver" in the Matt Jones or Marcus Vick fashion.
Maybe Kordell Stewart, if he's lucky.[/quote]

So, other than your hatred for OSU, why?

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='778705' date='May 26 2009, 12:50 AM']I think he could excel in the "Vince Young Role" in a single-clipboard formation.[/quote]

I got a good chuckle from that...

As for his future - too hard to tell. If he becomes an accurate passer then he'll have a really good chance. If he doesn't he'll flounder around at WR...

And, whoever said he'd be a great TE... what a joke. What, so he could get his ass caved in by the DE??? He'd have to be a constant H-back split out to have any success inside, at all.

And, being a prick asshole... I'm starting to think that is the norm with a lot of these guys... Harvin was at Florida too. They're pampered from about their 8th grade or freshman year of high school (they magically "pass" all this classes when they can't even read or write) and it gets to where they think everything is a given or right, instead of a privilege. He's no different than probably 50% of the other big college football players out there.

Well, if you ran an NFL Football team, do you think that using this guy's speed or using his arm would give your team a better chance to win?

Frankly, the atheltic QB fad in the NFL is on a serious downswing right now.

[quote name='#22' post='778755' date='May 26 2009, 10:28 AM']Well, if you ran an NFL Football team, do you think that using this guy's speed or using his arm would give your team a better chance to win?

Frankly, the atheltic QB fad in the NFL is on a serious downswing right now.[/quote]

Miami just went to the playoffs running the wildcat, and you think this copycat league is turning away from the athletic QB?

I would say that the "run first" QB who does not show adequate proficiency as a passer may not have much luck as a starter in this league, but I think Pryor will develop into at least an adequate passer. If the progress he has made in the past year is any indication, and keeping in mind he will be in college AT LEAST 2 more years, I don't think it's unreasonable to thing he could develop into a good passer. He has the size and arm strength that NFL scouts look for.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='778383' date='May 23 2009, 02:17 PM']bust. if he moved to WR now he would be a good NFL player. he wont transition later and he has no future as a QB in the nfl. (here come the OSU homers).[/quote]
Talk about OSU homers

If Pryor played for UC you would worship the ground he walked on

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='778383' date='May 23 2009, 01:17 PM']bust. if he moved to WR now he would be a good NFL player. he wont transition later and [b]he has no future as a QB in the nfl[/b]. (here come the OSU homers).[/quote]

What logical reason do you have for saying this?

Archived