Terrelle Pryor in the NFL

Jason

Terrelle Pryor Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What position will Terrelle Pryor play most in the NFL

• Quarterback
    • Wide Receiver
    • Other - specify below
  2. 2. How good will Terrelle Pryor be in the NFL?

• Bust
    • Poor
    • Average
    • above average
    • Great
    • Elite

[quote name='DougNasty.' date='08 September 2009 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1252422568' post='799453']
Even if he develops into an "adequate passer" i still think he will be substandard. He is quick, and he has the arm strength, however I don't think he has the ability to fine tune them together. [b]His attitude alone is going to hold him back from developing into a NFL quality quarterback[/b]. He is above average in most areas --- but so are a lot of good college quarterbacks, but I don't think he is good enough at them to make it in the pros.

Miami had success with the Wildcat until people understood what it really took to defeat it. It's a gimmick system --- and the more he runs the "mobile quarterback" style system in college, the less likely people are going to want him. Vince Young banged the goat on that one, it's the same reason why Tim Tebow won't likely be one of the top picks for the NFL in the next draft.

Colleges that run Pro-set systems have better fundementals, and will stand a whole lot better of a chance in the pros, as versus QBs trying to be the next Michael Vick or DMac.
[/quote]

Care to elaborate on that? Terrelle Pryor is one of the hardest workers on the team. He really cares about being the best he can be, and has been tireless in his effort to develop and improve.

He's a great athlete, there's no question about that.

But after watching him in person against a solid college defense, I don't see any way that his game -- at this point -- will ever translate (as a QB) to the NFL.

His throwing motion is lazy and bizarre, he has trouble finding the appropriate ball velocity on a number of different throws, his accuracy is pathetic and his decision making is definitely run-first, pass later (which can work in college, but almost never in the NFL).

Terrelle has only been a college starting QB for 13 games, if that, and he's still just a true sophomore. And last year they had very little time to work on his passing fundamentals. He has plenty of time, talent and work ethic to make the improvements he needs to.

If this were his senior year, then yeah, he would have to start working on his receiver skills. But it's not.

Some of you need to take of the hate colored glasses.

[quote name='Jason' date='18 September 2009 - 08:42 AM' timestamp='1253277779' post='803824']
Terrelle has only been a college starting QB for 13 games, if that, and he's still just a true sophomore. And last year they had very little time to work on his passing fundamentals. He has plenty of time, talent and work ethic to make the improvements he needs to.

If this were his senior year, then yeah, he would have to start working on his receiver skills. But it's not.

Some of you need to take of the [b]hate colored glasses.[/b]
[/quote]

right, im the one with colored glasses on.

thing is, great college QB's who get drafted remotely early... often are coming out early because they are so good, not coming down to a photo finish their senior year, they are competing for heismens their sophmore junior senior years.

he has time, but time to get above average, 2.5 years he can be average, he needs a LOT more arm strength and a LOT more accuracy to even be remotely considered as a decent qb in the league, and looking at vince youngs career, he is gonna need more passing than running on the resume.

I've been listening to buckeyes fans sound just like stupid bengals fans going over how prior was used in the game and what not. the kids legs are his strength right now for sure, but unless your playing SouthEastern Alcorn State A & M your not just gonna run all over teams, and thats not a skill your going to flourish with in the nfl, he is no where near a Vick skillset...feet or arm.

he could make QB in the NFL. but a desperate team or a backup role seems like his path from his skill level now.

playing as a true freshman and being a true sophmore is HURTING him, its not an excuse for lack of skill. he was so good out of high school he didnt want to sit a year, and its hurting him.. if he had 3.5 years left to groom, he would be better off strength and form wise..

he needs to stop lofting his passes..and a spiral wouldnt hurt either..

ill be watching again today, i assume they play and see what they have him doing and how he does.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='17 October 2009 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1255803516' post='817464']
At this point I dont think Terrell Pryor should be starting in the NCAA let alone talking NFL.

He still has 2.5 years to develop, but its looking far fetched at this point. All the osu haters can now rejoice. Hes terrible right now.
[/quote]

he should be a WR or LB. he sucks as a QB. he has no accuracy and no brain. anyone who thinks he can be a QB at the next level or EVER win a NC as a QB is a homer.

Jason, do you realize how many starts 13 is? Many high draft picks (Leinart and Sanchez come to mind) only start one season, and then come out and look good enough to become a first round pick.

Pryor is simply not an NFL quarterback. He doesn't have the arm or the accuracy. His starting at Quarterback is simply what gives the Buckeyes the best chance to win at this point.

Rich Brooks and Kentucky have taken complete hell from the fans for moving their best offensive player, Randall Cobb, from Quarterback to Wide Receiver. He was servicable as a QB (He's still transcendant in the Wildcat), but he has instantly become a top 5 WR in the SEC. The Wildcats will not win as many games with Mike Hartline (brother of Brian) or Will Fidler, but it will pay dividends for Cobb. At some point Sweatervest needs to move Pryor and help his draft stock.

Overall, I can't remember such an overhyped #1 prospect who has been such a letdown (Maybe BJ Mullens lol). It's clear that he would have been better suited at Penn State, where they've had recent success with athletes like Derrick Williams and Michael Robinson. You can call me a hater all you want, but the numbers speak for themselves.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='17 October 2009 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1255805340' post='817468']
he should be a WR or LB. he sucks as a QB. he has no accuracy and no brain. anyone who thinks he can be a QB at the next level or EVER win a NC as a QB is a homer.
[/quote]

I'd say TE or DE. Put in Bauserman. We are wasting our talent at WR.

Hopefully the last two games will quash any remaining perception that Pryor is even a serviceable QB. He just doesn't have any perceptible skills for that position. He might be a feakish athlete, but he is in no way a QB.

And he's actually getting worse...

[url="http://twitter.com/JohnThornton"][b][color="#0a0501"]JohnThornton[/color][/b][/url] I hear 1 team has him as a 1st rd WR rite now RT @[url="http://twitter.com/CanesnJags_Dom_"][color="#0a0501"]CanesnJags_Dom_[/color][/url]: Wow. Todd McShay just said OSU should convert Pryor to a WR. (I agree)
[url="http://twitter.com/JohnThornton/status/4950849844"]3 minutes ago[/url] from [url="http://www.tweetdeck.com/"]TweetDeck[/url]

[quote name='Elflocko' date='17 October 2009 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1255811936' post='817488']
Hopefully the last two games will quash any remaining perception that Pryor is even a serviceable QB. He just doesn't have any perceptible skills for that position. He might be a feakish athlete, but he is in no way a QB.

[b]And he's actually getting worse...[/b]
[/quote]

no kidding, that's what gets me. He's actually REGRESSED as a passer from last year.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='17 October 2009 - 03:36 PM' timestamp='1255808163' post='817473']
I'd say TE or DE. Put in Bauserman. We are wasting our talent at WR.
[/quote]

LMFAO. he is big but he is nowhere near the strength needed for a TE or DE. He is tall, got some good weight and is fast as hell. He is a WR for sure.

[quote name='#22' date='17 October 2009 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1255805490' post='817470']
[b]Jason, do you realize how many starts 13 is? Many high draft picks (Leinart and Sanchez come to mind) only start one season, and then come out and look good enough to become a first round pick. [/b]

Pryor is simply not an NFL quarterback. He doesn't have the arm or the accuracy. His starting at Quarterback is simply what gives the Buckeyes the best chance to win at this point.

Rich Brooks and Kentucky have taken complete hell from the fans for moving their best offensive player, Randall Cobb, from Quarterback to Wide Receiver. He was servicable as a QB (He's still transcendant in the Wildcat), but he has instantly become a top 5 WR in the SEC. The Wildcats will not win as many games with Mike Hartline (brother of Brian) or Will Fidler, but it will pay dividends for Cobb. At some point Sweatervest needs to move Pryor and help his draft stock.

Overall, I can't remember such an overhyped #1 prospect who has been such a letdown (Maybe BJ Mullens lol). It's clear that he would have been better suited at Penn State, where they've had recent success with athletes like Derrick Williams and Michael Robinson. You can call me a hater all you want, but the numbers speak for themselves.
[/quote]

And those guys came from high schools that ran pro style offenses Terrelle did not. Those guys also had a year or 2 in college where they did not start and could develop on the practice field, Terrelle has not. And Leinert hasn't exactly had a good NFL career. Terrelle is playing poorly now, but he has been very inconsistent. He has looked good at times and bad at others. He still has 2 and a half years to develop. His o-line didn't help him at all today either.

[quote name='Jason' date='17 October 2009 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1255834082' post='817543']
And those guys came from high schools that ran pro style offenses Terrelle did not. He's playing poorly now, but he has been very inconsistent. He has looked good at times and bad at others. He still has 2 and a half years to develop.
[/quote]

I'm sorry Jason, but I just don't think he possesses the required skills [b]to[/b] develop.

I want him to succeed, but two years from now he's probably going to be mediocre at best, and that's a shame...

[quote name='Elflocko' date='17 October 2009 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1255834566' post='817545']
I'm sorry Jason, but I just don't think he possesses the required skills [b]to[/b] develop.

I want him to succeed, but two years from now he's probably going to be mediocre at best, and that's a shame...
[/quote]

He has already made progress over last year physically. He needs to get accustomed to the decision making part of the game. Having a decent line wouldn't hurt either.

if that doesnt get any better he should probably become a WR or DB or something...

decision making isnt even remotely his only problem.. he has thrown poor passes against everyone that isnt northern nevada state A &M tech south(or whatever high school caliber teams he looked good against).. .

he has time to get better,, but he hasnt got better.. and he should already be better than this..

PS: by "poor passes" i mostly mean wobsly floaty want to get intercepted passes...

the more college football i get to soo this year the worse this guy looks as a QB.. a passing qb that is... no doubt he can run and has good feet, but he wont be doing that at the next level..

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='17 October 2009 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1255824893' post='817525']
LMFAO. he is big but he is nowhere near the strength needed for a TE or DE. He is tall, got some good weight and is fast as hell. He is a WR for sure.
[/quote]

he's only 19. He can put on the muscle. If not, we might as well cut bait with Coffman because he won't be able to do it either.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='18 October 2009 - 10:11 AM' timestamp='1255875101' post='817611']
he's only 19. He can put on the muscle. If not, we might as well cut bait with Coffman because he won't be able to do it either.
[/quote]

coffman has the size and right build. he just doesnt have the blocking technique cuz he has never done it.

[quote name='Jason' date='17 October 2009 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1255835627' post='817548']
He has already made progress over last year physically. He needs to get accustomed to the decision making part of the game. Having a decent line wouldn't hurt either.
[/quote]

he has regressed from last year if you watch him play.

Archived