Magic Vs. Lakers - NBA FINALS THREAD

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='781381' date='Jun 10 2009, 08:36 AM']Man what a game. Crazy that the Magic set an NBA Finals record for shooting
percentage (62.5) and the game is still that close. As well as they shot the ball they're
gonna have to do better. Kobe I think missed 5 free throws. Doubt that happens again.[/quote]

The Lakers missed 10 free throws as a team. That won't happen again either. The bottom line is that the Magic won and finally shot the ball well. Some how, some way they must win the next two home games to have a real chance, IMO.

offensive rebounds seems to be the biggest issues game to game.. even in the win, the lakres took 14 more shots and won the off rebound battle 11-5, thats 6 of those shots right there.. turnovers were the same for each team..

but give the magic 14 more shots, even at 50% shooting and they win by 14+

they need to stop the second chances for the lakers and create some more for themselves..

dwight needs to keep up the good work kicking the ball out to the open shooters and finishing down low. dudes gonna be amazing in a few years, hard to believe he is that good at 23..

anywho.. i fly out in the morning for thursday and sundays game... be home monday..

maybe just in time to launch the new forum and website here... :o :shh: (ormaybe several weeks later, who the hell knows)

every one is going on that they shot 62.5% but they only shot like 32% from 3 which is where they usually beat other teams in points. The lakers didnt shoot bad as a team either and then got a lot of boards. The Magic played different last night than i have seen them play before because they focused inside the arc so much more than outside. If Lee plays defense the rest of the series like he did last night then the Magic will win this series.

i regret not going to last nights game now.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='781493' date='Jun 10 2009, 06:35 PM']every one is going on that they shot 62.5% but they only shot like 32% from 3 which is where they usually beat other teams in points. The lakers didnt shoot bad as a team either and then got a lot of boards. The Magic played different last night than i have seen them play before because they focused inside the arc so much more than outside. If Lee plays defense the rest of the series like he did last night then the Magic will win this series.

i regret not going to last nights game now.[/quote]

Except for the first quarter, Kobe had a poor game last night, at least by his standards. The Magic finally changed things up to have a help defender run at Kobe almost every time he touched it and it seemed to work for the most part. Better to make the rest of the Lakers beat you rather than just Kobe.

[quote name='kriZENry' post='781598' date='Jun 11 2009, 02:20 PM']Does anyone besides me on this forum want the Lakers <_< ? I'm biased of course but why no love for the Lakes?[/quote]
I'm just biting my tongue, instead of stirring the shit for once. But I sure as hell am rooting for the Lakers.

the lakers blow ass.. kobe is better than michael, but Gasol, Fischer, Ariza, and Co are average to slightly above average at best. they arent a dominant team, Kobe is a Dominant player.

the magic can have dwight have low points and win with 30+ from lewis, tukoglu, or even mickael... and doing it without their best guard, nelson, aside from some wasted PT in the finals.....

the lakers were much better when they had shaq, horry, etc...

without Kobe the lakers are under .500

and the fact that kobe cries like a fucking woman to the refs about 24 of the 47 minutes he is on the floor is annoying, all players bitch, but he sets up shop in their face, cries after EVERY missed shot...and of course get the "star player benefit" on anything remotely close to a foul... he's gettin the call... and that makes the L.A. Kobe's even more painful to watch.. he is hard enough to stop as it is.. why does he need help?

I see dwight get called for offensive foul digging and elbow in on a drive, fine, its a legit foul, but Kobe does the same thing and its called a defensive foul..

how many times a game are the announcers talking about poor officiating and consistency? and they ignore it most of the time... and still comes up 5 times a game..

[quote name='kriZENry' post='781598' date='Jun 11 2009, 02:20 AM']Does anyone besides me on this forum want the Lakers <_< ? I'm biased of course but why no love for the Lakes?[/quote]

Never did care for the Lakers. I grew up in Indian Harbor Beach which is a small beachside community just
east of Orlando so when they got a team started following/rooting for them. Shaq pissed me off when he bolted
Orlando for the Lakers even though the Magic offered him the same money. Ever since then it's pretty much
been fuck the Lakers and that knuckle draggin ape Shaq for me.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='781532' date='Jun 10 2009, 09:03 PM']Except for the first quarter, Kobe had a poor game last night, at least by his standards. The Magic finally changed things up to have a help defender run at Kobe almost every time he touched it and it seemed to work for the most part. Better to make the rest of the Lakers beat you rather than just Kobe.[/quote]

courtney lee actually used some strength on kobe. it was nice to see him man up and not get posted on with ease by kobe.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='781627' date='Jun 11 2009, 09:12 AM']the lakers blow ass.. [b]kobe is better than michael[/b], but Gasol, Fischer, Ariza, and Co are average to slightly above average at best. they arent a dominant team, Kobe is a Dominant player.

the magic can have dwight have low points and win with 30+ from lewis, tukoglu, or even mickael... and doing it without their best guard, nelson, aside from some wasted PT in the finals.....

and the fact that kobe cries like a fucking woman to the refs about 24 of the 47 minutes he is on the floor is annoying, all players bitch, but he sets up shop in their face, cries after EVERY missed shot...and of course get the "star player benefit" on anything remotely close to a foul... he's gettin the call... and that makes the L.A. Kobe's even more painful to watch.. he is hard enough to stop as it is.. why does he need help?

I see dwight get called for offensive foul digging and elbow in on a drive, fine, its a legit foul, but Kobe does the same thing and its called a defensive foul..

how many times a game are the announcers talking about poor officiating and consistency? and they ignore it most of the time... and still comes up 5 times a game..[/quote]

i dont see that at all.

I can't believe the Lakers pulled that one out. The refs did everything that they could to have Orlando win this one. 19 FTs for the Magic from the 4th quarter to OT, zero for LA.

No matter how many NBA games I watch, I still can't get over how poor the officiating is. Blatant fouls are missed (Pietrus hitting Gasol across the face, Kobe's elbow to Nelson's jaw) and other make-believe ones are called (I loved that late foul called against Fisher for pushing Howard, while Howard was pushing Gasol to the floor at the exact same time). Pretty pathetic for a professional sport, imo.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='781847' date='Jun 12 2009, 12:30 AM']I can't believe the Lakers pulled that one out. The refs did everything that they could to have Orlando win this one. 19 FTs for the Magic from the 4th quarter to OT, zero for LA.

No matter how many NBA games I watch, I still can't get over how poor the officiating is. Blatant fouls are missed (Pietrus hitting Gasol across the face, Kobe's elbow to Nelson's jaw) and other make-believe ones are called ([b]I loved that late foul called against Fisher for pushing Howard, while Howard was pushing Gasol to the floor at the exact same time[/b]). Pretty pathetic for a professional sport, imo.[/quote]

gasol didnt get pushed he did his typical flop. that is ALL gasol does. calling that foul on fisher was shitty for the magic cuz they didnt get the 2 points AND that would have shifted the momentum back their way which they desperately needed. this series is over now, missed FTs by dwight and turk and a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE performance by rashard lewis cost them that one. i did like how kobe threw 4 blatant elbows in the game and didnt even get a foul called for one of them. he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='781627' date='Jun 11 2009, 07:12 AM']the lakers blow ass.. kobe is better than michael, but Gasol, Fischer, Ariza, and Co are average to slightly above average at best. they arent a dominant team, Kobe is a Dominant player.

how many times a game are the announcers talking about poor officiating and consistency? and they ignore it most of the time... and still comes up 5 times a game..[/quote]
I agree with you cuz there is no Pippin on this team. Kobe over Jordon I'd debate but they are/were both great. They both did the same thing by enabling their lesser players to score, jesus, Bill Cartwright as your starting center?! Laughable, but he did get the job done. Pao, Lamar "When he wants to play" Odom, and Bynum provided enough this year.
The "D" can be outright pathetic at times and I've been waiting for some muscle in the key which can't happen with these players. But we most likely will win and that's what matters and I definite be at the parade! :049:

Turnovers killed them.
Missed free throws killed them.
Were the Magic even on the floor in the 3rd quarter?
Did Rashard Lewis even play last night?
How in the hell does Jameer Nelson give Fisher a totally
uncontested 3 point shot? These guys are done. I just
hope they have enough pride to not let the Lakers win
in Orlando.

well THAT was painful.......

It hurts to think they are a layup and a free throw away from being up 3-1 in this series..

*sigh*

ah well, at least i get to witness some live finals games..

i sure hope im not watching a trophy presentation sunday night..

gonna be pissed.

• 3 months later...

Archived