Has Harang lost it?

Jason

[quote name='Hooky' date='11 August 2009 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1249997718' post='789718']
You are the expert. I don't know what I'm talking about. I see a 12-30 record and 5 ERA and I think crappy. But myself and all of the scouts for the other teams that had a chance to pick him up aren't as smart as you and we don't know that he's just a minor tweak, good pitching coach and some run support away from being a Cy Young. We just see him as a colossal waste of 12 million dollars a year. But if making excuses is how you want to swallow that 12 mil a year instead of admitting that he sucks and the Reds are stuck with him, that's fine. You can always call me an asshole and/or a retard again if it makes you feel better. It wouldn't make Harang pitch any better.
[/quote]

Harang has a 4.43 ERA i dont think it has ever been above 5 at any point this season. nice try though. And i did pitch for 9 years and assisted as a pitching coach so i would say i know quite a bit about pitching mechanics. it also is quite the coincidence that when he has his bad games he does the SAME thing and throws lower velocity, higher pitches and movement and the games he pitches good his delivery is like it was 2 years ago and he has higher velocity, lower pitchers and more movement. i guess proof, intelligence and common sense arent allowed in your world?

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='11 August 2009 - 06:46 PM' timestamp='1250027164' post='789837']
Harang has a 4.43 ERA i dont think it has ever been above 5 at any point this season. nice try though. [b]And i did pitch for 9 years and assisted as a pitching coach so i would say i know quite a bit about pitching mechanics.[/b] it also is quite the coincidence that when he has his bad games he does the SAME thing and throws lower velocity, higher pitches and movement and the games he pitches good his delivery is like it was 2 years ago and he has higher velocity, lower pitchers and more movement. i guess proof, intelligence and common sense arent allowed in your world?
[/quote]

I'm not really sure little league counts.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='11 August 2009 - 08:04 PM' timestamp='1250035499' post='789866']
I'm not really sure little league counts.
[/quote]

im not talking little league. i did traveling teams and year round tourney teams. i didnt assistant coach little league or hs either. i forget that posters name but the guy who's son pitches in college now i think. he knows what he is talking about when it comes to pitching and i bet he can pick up on harangs mechanics errors too. chris berman talks about football players lack of fundamentals and i doubt he even played pee wee football but he gets paid to talk about it. there are 2 sports i know about anything mechanically/fundamentally about and that is baseball and golf.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='11 August 2009 - 06:46 PM' timestamp='1250027164' post='789837']
Harang has a 4.43 ERA i dont think it has ever been above 5 at any point this season. nice try though. And i did pitch for 9 years and assisted as a pitching coach so i would say i know quite a bit about pitching mechanics. it also is quite the coincidence that when he has his bad games he does the SAME thing and throws lower velocity, higher pitches and movement and the games he pitches good his delivery is like it was 2 years ago and he has higher velocity, lower pitchers and more movement. i guess proof, intelligence and common sense arent allowed in your world?
[/quote]

He's not 12-30 this season either. I'm talking about over the last 2 seasons. 5 ERA over the last two seasons is probably kind.

Again with the "You're dumb" retort? All you said is that he does bad when he pitches bad and he does well when he pitches well. You don't have to be a pitching instructor to know that a pitcher's not going to do well when he keeps pitches up with no movement or pop. That's common sense. What's your point? He showed Sunday and a couple other games this season that he's capable of pitching a good game, but he rarely does. That's why he's crap. Maybe you're right. Maybe he is a great pitcher and only pitches well when he feels like it. Maybe he took the money and ran.

[quote name='Hooky' date='12 August 2009 - 07:37 AM' timestamp='1250077021' post='789931']
He's not 12-30 this season either. I'm talking about over the last 2 seasons. 5 ERA over the last two seasons is probably kind.

Again with the "You're dumb" retort? All you said is that he does bad when he pitches bad and he does well when he pitches well. You don't have to be a pitching instructor to know that a pitcher's not going to do well when he keeps pitches up with no movement or pop. That's common sense. What's your point? He showed Sunday and a couple other games this season that he's capable of pitching a good game, but he rarely does. That's why he's crap. Maybe you're right. Maybe he is a great pitcher and only pitches well when he feels like it. Maybe he took the money and ran.
[/quote]

are you fucking retarded? i didnt go into the specific delivery issues. there really is no point in posting the flaws in his delivery mechanics. it isnt something he chooses to do.

Archived