Bengals VS Broncos

Ok...so it's a bit early...but let's be honest....we are all dying to do some form of smack talk/game day talk. So just how bad are we going to beat these guys? My personal predictions:

1. Cedric will have a 120 yd+ game
2. Palmer and the receivers will click in no time
3. Knowshon will quickly realize UGA was the place to be
4. Jay Cutl......wait......Kyle Orton..... will have fun throwing us the ball
5. Huber will have a fun time sitting on the bench

1. Cedric will be outrushed by Scott
2. Henry will catch two touchdowns
3. Chad will burn Champ yet again on a fly route
4. The offensive line will play OK but Palmer will still take some big hits
5. Michael Johnson and Rey Maualuga will each record a sack
6. Roy Williams will send at least one receiver to the locker room early

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='783985' date='Jul 6 2009, 03:23 PM']They lost their best player, still may lose their best WR, and their D isnt that good. It's going to be a slaughter.[/quote]

They did have a few nice pickups on D in free agency. But I think the Bengals will win.

Their DEF had a long way to go at the end of last season. I have a hard time believing they got much better this offseason adding Ayers and...Dawkins?

Essentially we shuold be able to run the ball against them like we were able to against KC and CLE...but now we have Palmer's arm to keep them honest and our OL [i]should[/i] be light years better than the rag tag bunch we threw out there in the final weeks last season.

I'm gonna guess blow out in our favor.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='783998' date='Jul 6 2009, 05:08 PM']I predict a modest win, something like 21-10 as this team orients itself in the right direction and works out the kinks.[/quote]

X2. I am guessing the running game works well against this team so the clock will tick fast. I can't imagine Denver will have a good season but who the hell knows. Our run D should be good and Kyle Orten? Seriously??

This sure doesn't look like the Broncos or Bengals of old so it doesn't bode well for Denver.

[quote name='SF2' post='784007' date='Jul 6 2009, 04:58 PM']X2. I am guessing the running game works well against this team so the clock will tick fast. I can't imagine Denver will have a good season but who the hell knows. Our run D should be good and Kyle Orten? Seriously??

This sure doesn't look like the Broncos or Bengals of old so it doesn't bode well for Denver.[/quote]
Last time we played Orton (2005 when we had that run of wins against the NFC Central) we picked his ass off five times. I hope we replicate that, or, barring that, sack his ass about 10 times. I want to see sod dripping from his facemask and for him to be afraid to hike the ball.

Bengals lose 3-0. :(

The stellar Bengals defense only allows one FG, which is truly the result of the field position given to Denver after a busted shovel pass leads to a turnover deep in Bengals territory..

Seeing how poor the offense is, Brat is fired immediately after the game. The team then goes on a 19-game winning streak, destroying pissburgh in the AFC title game, and the 49ers in the Super Bowl. :headbang:

:ninja:

:wave: Hi Go

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='784022' date='Jul 6 2009, 07:43 PM']Bengals lose 3-0. :(

The stellar Bengals defense only allows one FG, which is truly the result of the field position given to Denver after a busted shovel pass leads to a turnover deep in Bengals territory..

Seeing how poor the offense is, Brat is fired immediately after the game. The team then goes on a 19-game winning streak, destroying pissburgh in the AFC title game, and the 49ers in the Super Bowl. :headbang:

:ninja:

:wave: Hi Go[/quote]
I would take that in a heartbeat!

The Bengals win this game 27-6. While the offense shows massive improvement the D puts on a show. Forcing 3 turnovers and recording 5 sacks.

Benson will be the leading rusher but Scott becomes a fan favorite with a 65 yard td run to seal the deal.
Chase Coffman also has a td and Coles catches the other one
Chad has 5 catches for 85 yards
Odom has 2 sacks.

I can't wait! Who Dey!!!!

[quote name='brian55662' post='784091' date='Jul 7 2009, 11:54 AM']The Bengals win this game 27-6. While the offense shows massive improvement the D puts on a show. Forcing 3 turnovers and recording 5 sacks.

Benson will be the leading rusher but Scott becomes a fan favorite with a 65 yard td run to seal the deal.
Chase Coffman also has a td and Coles catches the other one
Chad has 5 catches for 85 yards
Odom has 2 sacks.

I can't wait! Who Dey!!!![/quote]

Thats what I'm talking about!! PS. The question is...does Coffman hurdle a defender before scoring the TD...hmm...

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='783992' date='Jul 6 2009, 04:37 PM']Essentially we shuold be able to run the ball against them like we were able to against KC and CLE...but now we have Palmer's arm to keep them honest and our OL [i]should[/i] be light years better than the rag tag bunch we threw out there in the final weeks last season.[/quote]

I am driking the kool aid too. I think this season might be really good.

Although, part of me is a realist too. A new starter at 4 out of 5 O-line positions...this is somewhat absurd.

Not sure they will have all the kinks worked out by game 1.

[quote name='whodey1971' post='784098' date='Jul 7 2009, 01:05 PM']I am driking the kool aid too. I think this season might be really good.

Although, part of me is a realist too. [b]A new starter at 4 out of 5 O-line positions[/b]...this is somewhat absurd.

Not sure they will have all the kinks worked out by game 1.[/quote]

I understand the concern here, but if we get Dre in camp on time, or fairly close, then these 5 guys will have done all the OTA's, the mandatory, and training camp as a unit. It's a lot better position cohesively than we were going into camp last year, because of all of the injury problems.

I don't think it's going to be as easy as allot of people think. The Broncos still have an excellent OL (even with the loss of Tom Nalen). While Orton has a Kitna-like arm, he's not going to be asked to throw down field allot in Josh McDaniels' offense. We all know what Brandon Marshall can do (if he plays), and Eddie Royal is more than capable of taking short passes and turning them into big plays. Add Brandon Lloyd, who already has some chemistry with Orton, and Tony Scheffler to the mix, and the Broncos have a decent receiving corps. I think Knowshon Moreno is the real deal as well, and has the ability to get to the outside to break some long runs.

Defensively, they still suck and are transitioning from a 4-3 to a 3-4, but they have a good secondary with Bailey & Andre Goodman at CB. If Brian Dawkins and Renaldo Hill are healthy, that unit will be solid...old, but solid. The key for the Bengals will be giving Carson enough time to throw. The only player on the DL that really worries me is Robert Ayers. Andre Smith called him the toughest player that he played against in his college career. Elvis Dumervil is capable of getting to the QB as well.

Having said all that, I still think we win by 10, but I don't think we pull away until the 4th qtr. At which point, I will immediately begin making fun of every Bronco fan within earshot.

[quote name='MileHighClub' post='784143' date='Jul 7 2009, 03:28 PM']I don't think it's going to be as easy as allot of people think. [b]The Broncos still have an excellent OL [/b](even with the loss of Tom Nalen). While Orton has a Kitna-like arm, he's not going to be asked to throw down field allot in Josh McDaniels' offense. We all know what Brandon Marshall can do (if he plays), and Eddie Royal is more than capable of taking short passes and turning them into big plays. Add Brandon Lloyd, who already has some chemistry with Orton, and Tony Scheffler to the mix, and the Broncos have a decent receiving corps. I think Knowshon Moreno is the real deal as well, and has the ability to get to the outside to break some long runs.

Defensively, they still suck and are transitioning from a 4-3 to a 3-4, but they have a good secondary with Bailey & Andre Goodman at CB. If Brian Dawkins and Renaldo Hill are healthy, that unit will be solid...old, but solid. The key for the Bengals will be giving Carson enough time to throw. The only player on the DL that really worries me is Robert Ayers. Andre Smith called him the toughest player that he played against in his college career. Elvis Dumervil is capable of getting to the QB as well.

Having said all that, I still think we win by 10, but I don't think we pull away until the 4th qtr. At which point, I will immediately begin making fun of every Bronco fan within earshot.[/quote]
The Broncos have a cheating, cut-blocking line, you mean.

Archived