All Star Game Poll

Jason

All Star Game  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How much of the MLB All Star game will you watch?

• None of it.
    • I'll watch some, but won't stay up late for it.
    • I will watch until Cordero pitches
    • I will watch it as long as it is a good game
    • I will watch it all

Has the game itself lost its appeal, or is it because there are so few Reds playing? When I was a kid I would watch as much of the game as I could. Part of that was because there were usually a few Reds in it, and frequently a starter or 2. But I also think part of it was because baseball wasn't on TV as much. Heck, you were lucky if 30 Reds games were on TV. And the chance to see the great players from the other league was always interesting.

Now baseball is on almost every night. And with ESPN, and now MLB network, to go along with Fox Saturday baseball, and 140+ Reds games (not to mention the other teams if you have MLB Extra Innings) I can see the great players a lot more.

Plus I think the current salary structure takes away some of the appeal of baseball in general. It seems like the same teams are almost always good, with the occasional "upstart" thrown into the mix.

I would probably watch more of the game if there were more Reds playing, but, to me anyway, the game has definitely lost much of its luster.

Archived