!!!OFFICIAL 2009 HARD KNOCKS EPISODE #1 THREAD!!!

[quote name='CougarQuest' date='13 August 2009 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1250132747' post='790287']
Moved Shirley to O and seriously talked about moving Harrington to O.
And that was after they resigned Matt Sherry.
Didn't even mention Darius Hill as a TE.
Reading between the lines, Utecht is done.
[/quote]

...I mentioned after watching the scrimmage on Friday that Hill looks more like a WR rather than a TE.

It was definitely telling, just look at how the coaches react when he suggests moving that dude.. Palms to the forehead, looking at the ceiling or floor.. Body language from the room was "this guy doesn't know wtf he's talking about, but he signs the checks so we have to humor him."

That ain't good. Yeah there's editing and all that, but it had the look of one of those meetings where everyone's waiting for the big boss to leave so they can actually get some work done.

[quote name='cp2024' date='13 August 2009 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1250132808' post='790288']
Did it seem like roy williams was being a puss and not wanting to get involved in any contact drills or was just me . I thought this guy loved the physical part of the game.
[/quote]

I thought the same thing. I was glad to see Purify absolutely destroy him lol.

[quote name='Nati Ice' date='13 August 2009 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1250133013' post='790293']
where are you getting that from? i saw no additional info either way
[/quote]

I think Utecht will be ok but won't play much this preseason. I think with Kelly, Utecht (for now) being shelved that you simply need bodies or risk running Coates and Coffman ragged
before the season even starts.

Was Harrington making this team as a DE? Probably not. So why not try it?

[quote name='CougarQuest' date='12 August 2009 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1250132747' post='790287']
Moved Shirley to O and seriously talked about moving Harrington to O.
And that was after they resigned Matt Sherry.
Didn't even mention Darius Hill as a TE.
Reading between the lines, Utecht is done.
[/quote]

I thought it was strange too. After they signed Matt Sherry, Mike Brown said we now have 3 tight ends. Coats, Coffman, Hill, Sherry = 4.

[quote name='CougarQuest' date='13 August 2009 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1250132871' post='790289']
Personally, I took the 5:30 notification as a way for JD not to have to walk out with his luggage in front of all the other players.
[/quote]
Agreed. Plus, you know they want to get those playbooks asap before the guy might catch wind of his impending doom, and brings them along with him.

[quote name='cp2024' date='13 August 2009 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1250132808' post='790288']
Did it seem like roy williams was being a puss and not wanting to get involved in any contact drills or was just me . I thought this guy loved the physical part of the game.
[/quote]

...or he's worried about getting injured in pre-season.

[/quote]

No HBO because I will be on Vacation the next two weeks so I couldn't watch it anyway. Still, my opinion on your statement is if I was in the league for his amount of time, I don't know how much I'd be dying to participate in contract drills just to get injured. Still, didn't see it, so he may have just been a puss.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='13 August 2009 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1250133298' post='790299']
I think Utecht will be ok but won't play much this preseason. I think with Kelly, Utecht (for now) being shelved that you simply need bodies or risk running Coates and Coffman ragged
before the season even starts.

[b]Was Harrington making this team as a DE? Probably not. So why not try it?[/b]
[/quote]

x2. I like harrington but he's not making it as a DE here.

[quote name='Nati Ice' date='13 August 2009 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1250133013' post='790293']
where are you getting that from? i saw no additional info either way
[/quote]
They talk about a major move of a DE to a TE, after they talk about having Sherry as a TE, who just resigned. Then they decide to go with a reduction in the normal amount of TE's and increasing the amount of FB's they normally carry.

[quote name='bengalbutch' date='13 August 2009 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1250133299' post='790300']
I thought it was strange too. After they signed Matt Sherry, Mike Brown said we now have 3 tight ends. Coats, Coffman, Hill, Sherry = 4.
[/quote]

[quote](KFFL) CBSSports.com reports Cincinnati Bengals TE Ben Utecht (concussion) will not play in the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 14. He is not expected to be in uniform any time soon. [/quote]

http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2004/view_news_article?L=10117&ID=586684KFFL

Archived