haha@ Paul Daugherty and the Whodey Revolution

[quote name='scharm' date='30 August 2009 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1251659120' post='796328']
The team's statement explains why they called. The article openly admits the pilot is in FAA violation.

What more do I need to be familiar with?
[/quote]

Nice try. The team statement says they called about a low flying plane. The pilot denies he was flying illegally low. The FAA is reviewing. Once again, simply flying repeatedly over the team practice whether towing a banner or not is perfectly legal.

[quote name='scharm' date='30 August 2009 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1251659412' post='796333']
Really? This is interesting.

What does WDR do? What's the source of the issue?
[/quote]

Sorry, I don't understand your argument. Are you saying that WDR is trying to get Bengals arrested? I haven't heard anything to that effect though I'm not a member of WDR and not aware of their plans.

[quote name='sparky151' date='30 August 2009 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1251660205' post='796342']
Nice try. The team statement says they called about a low flying plane. The pilot denies he was flying illegally low. The FAA is reviewing. Once again, simply flying repeatedly over the team practice whether towing a banner or not is perfectly legal.
[/quote]

Who said it wasn't legal? The statement they issued tells you the reason why they called.

The article clearly states Bob isn't one to dot all the Is and cross the Ts when it comes to FAA regulations. Just a good ole boy meanin no harm, ya know?

[quote name='scharm' date='30 August 2009 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1251660626' post='796346']
No reason just being a smartass or dumbass pending the person's POV.
[/quote]
Ah, I thought that maybe you had irrefutable proof of him being Tiger J@w or something....

[quote name='sparky151' date='30 August 2009 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1251660314' post='796343']
Sorry, I don't understand your argument. Are you saying that WDR is trying to get Bengals arrested? I haven't heard anything to that effect though I'm not a member of WDR and not aware of their plans.
[/quote]

Regardless of your spin cycle for WDR. WDR's actions have forced focused attention of law enforcement, those actions were done because they don't like Mike Brown that's goes against the principle you stated above.

Just interesting.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='30 August 2009 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1251660864' post='796349']
Ah, I thought that maybe you had irrefutable proof of him being Tiger J@w or something....
[/quote]

Blood Alchohol Level is how you tell TigerJ@W. If's below legal limits you've got the wrong guy.

[quote name='sparky151' date='30 August 2009 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1251656888' post='796305']
Yes, they should apologize to the fellow. He's a small businessman trying to make a living and they are trying to get the government to crackdown on him.

[b]Suppose WDR and MADD had a practice of following Bengals players[/b] around when they are in public and if they see them leaving a tavern or restaurant tipsy, they called in a DUI complaint with the player's licence plate number and direction of travel. My view is that would be wrong to target the players that way. Perhaps you take the opposite view that it's ok to target them if they're breaking the law. A drunk driver is certainly a more immediate threat to public safety than a plane towing a banner that a rich guy doesn't like.

Flying over their practice field is perfectly legal if he's above 1000 feet. They don't have the right to prohibit other people from exercising their right to free speech. So they try to get the government to do it for them. Shameful.

I call them like I see them.
[/quote]

But the Bengals didn't follow this guy around, he came to them.

All I know is the guy did have at least one violation, has had them in the past,
and was flying over a stadium that had over 1,000 people in it.
Which means he HAS to fly above 1,000.

I don't see how any of that is the Bengals' fault, and why they should apologize.

[quote name='sparky151' date='30 August 2009 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1251660205' post='796342']
[/quote]

Yeah, it was a low flying plane, low enough that they wanted the FAA
to check and see if it was under the limit allowed.

[quote name='sparky151' date='30 August 2009 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1251657281' post='796307']
Jeez, thanks for the image. I take it you're referring to the WDR urinal cakes? Anyway I haven't been to a game at PBS in 3 or 4 years. Buying tickets made me feel like an enabler.
[/quote]

your not missed.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='30 August 2009 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1251661385' post='796354']
But the Bengals didn't follow this guy around, he came to them.

All I know is the guy did have at least one violation, has had them in the past,
and was flying over a stadium that had over 1,000 people in it.
Which means he HAS to fly above 1,000.

I don't see how any of that is the Bengals' fault, and why they should apologize.

Yeah, it was a low flying plane, low enough that they wanted the FAA
to check and see if it was under the limit allowed.
[/quote]

Do you believe the Bengals knew who was flying which particular plane and checked his flightplan before calling the FAA? I don't. To me the flight plan issue is irrelevant since the team complaint was about altitude if you believe them or the message IMO. If the FAA tries to sanction Newhouse, his lawyer will review the team's call to the FAA and interview various team personnel. I doubt they had a device which measures a plane's altitude and were just eyeballing it.

If the pilot was flying superlow he'd drop off radar at Lexington and trigger alarms for a crash. More likely he was flying figure 8s over the college and the air traffic controllers didn't see anything to raise alarm. After all the FAA didn't do anything until the team called. So why did the team call? Given Mike Brown's well know status as a bleeding heart liberal, first amendment absolutist, supporter of the ACLU, and embracer of criticism, it could only be due to safety concerns, right? Does it matter to you if the lowest altitude of Newhouse's flight is determined to be 1001 feet or 999? It doesnt' to me. If he turns out to be flying low, he will probably pay his fine but that doesn't make the team right. When you're out driving 65 on the freeway and someone passes at 75, do you reach for your cell phone to alert the police? I hope not

[quote name='scharm' date='30 August 2009 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1251660954' post='796350']
Regardless of your spin cycle for WDR. WDR's actions have forced focused attention of law enforcement, those actions were done because they don't like Mike Brown that's goes against the principle you stated above.

Just interesting.
[/quote]

I don't see how complaining about Mike Brown not hiring a competent GM led to a police crackdown on the Bengals players. It's been said here that the Boone county prosecutor is a headline hunter who goes after Bengals players but how is that connected to WDR, Daugherty, or anyone else?

[quote name='sparky151' date='30 August 2009 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1251662758' post='796364']
Do you believe the Bengals knew who was flying which particular plane and checked his flightplan before calling the FAA? I don't. To me the flight plan issue is irrelevant since the team complaint was about altitude if you believe them or the message IMO. If the FAA tries to sanction Newhouse, his lawyer will review the team's call to the FAA and interview various team personnel. I doubt they had a device which measures a plane's altitude and were just eyeballing it.

If the pilot was flying superlow he'd drop off radar at Lexington and trigger alarms for a crash. More likely he was flying figure 8s over the college and the air traffic controllers didn't see anything to raise alarm. After all the FAA didn't do anything until the team called. So why did the team call? Given Mike Brown's well know status as a bleeding heart liberal, first amendment absolutist, supporter of the ACLU, and embracer of criticism, it could only be due to safety concerns, right? Does it matter to you if the lowest altitude of Newhouse's flight is determined to be 1001 feet or 999? It doesnt' to me. If he turns out to be flying low, he will probably pay his fine but that doesn't make the team right. When you're out driving 65 on the freeway and someone passes at 75, do you reach for your cell phone to alert the police? I hope not
[/quote]

if a plane was circling practice advertising joe crab shack circling over and over and was kinda low..

theyd call for sure...

planes and crowds are a bad plan..

im sure they called sooner given the message as it would bring attention sooner... doesnt really change the facts of wrong doing and idiocy..

you think the eagles will call if a plane paid for by PETA is flown near practice?

quicker than if it were daryls philly cheese steaks for sure..

not only is a crowd of people in KY there but also a college....

low flying planes are idiotic and do no benefit.. message or not..

with no message ist still fucking stupid and a unneeded risk to those in the ground...

its pathetic that your willing to endanger crowds of people because you dislike an NFL owner.. fucking pathetic.

Sure I dislike Mike Brown and I don't even particularly like private aviation, but saying the guy flying his banner was endangering people on the ground is silly.

You're right that messages that provoke people will get called about sooner but that's the problem. The complaint was IMO based on the message. This is one of those deals where the process is the punishment. Sort of like a thorough tax audit that doesn't result in any penalties.

[quote name='sparky151' date='30 August 2009 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1251663445' post='796370']
Sure I dislike Mike Brown and I don't even particularly like private aviation, but saying the guy flying his banner was endangering people on the ground is silly.

You're right that messages that provoke people will get called about sooner but that's the problem. The complaint was IMO based on the message. This is one of those deals where the process is the punishment. Sort of like a thorough tax audit that doesn't result in any penalties.
[/quote]

there are crowds of people on the crowd.. it flew right above my head.. i was there...

its MEANINGLESS RISK

you just stated you dont like private aviation..

but for anti mike brown youll look the other way?

doesnt even have to be the polits fault.. a malfunction on the plane and hundreds or thousands die ...for what? a banner that accomplishes nothing and puts people at risk?

thats fucking horseshit..

Here in Columbus, the main airport is on the East side of the city with runways that run East-West. Pretty much every flight in or out of Port Columbus flies over densely populated areas and they are below 500 feet when approaching or departing. No one around here is particularly worried or proposing building a new airport in the boonies.

My objection to private aviation is based mainly on how tax subsidized it is. I don't feel threatened by it though it's always possible a plane could crash on my house.

[quote name='scharm' date='30 August 2009 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1251661041' post='796352']
Blood Alchohol Level is how you tell TigerJ@W. If's below legal limits you've got the wrong guy.
[/quote]
LOL. I kind of miss the back and forth guys like you, USNBengal and Backer used to have with that guy.

[quote name='sparky151' date='30 August 2009 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1251664435' post='796376']
Here in Columbus, the main airport is on the East side of the city with runways that run East-West. Pretty much every flight in or out of Port Columbus flies over densely populated areas and they are below 500 feet when approaching or departing. No one around here is particularly worried or proposing building a new airport in the boonies.

My objection to private aviation is based mainly on how tax subsidized it is. I don't feel threatened by it though it's always possible a plane could crash on my house.
[/quote]

Sparky, you generally don't have to worry about jets falling out of the sky while flying, and rarely while taking off. Little planes, however, do come down a lot more regularly. they just don't have the power to overcome their aerodynamic inadequacies especially at the lower altitudes that they fly. I was at camp, and when he was over the stadium, he was probably ok, but when he was over the upper field, he was too low. And there was an easy 1500 folks there the Friday I was there. on the upper field. Now I know I'll never convince you that there may have been a reason to call on the pilot that's had issues with the FAA before, but you know??!!!

[quote name='scharm' date='30 August 2009 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1251669518' post='796403']
True story:

J@W got so mad at me one time he sent me a PM asking to meet him and fight him. Sad.
[/quote]

There has to be some kind of law against beating up the mentally handicapped, is that what stopped you?

As far as the plane, if I was Mike Brown, fuck yeah I'd call whoever on them. You would too if it was your business. Bunch of ignorant fucking attention whores.

[quote name='scharm' date='30 August 2009 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1251669518' post='796403']
True story:

J@W got so mad at me one time he sent me a PM asking to meet him and fight him. Sad.
[/quote]
You're a pussy. You should have met him, beat him down and posted it on Youtube.

What's wrong with you?

:ninja:

[quote name='sparky151' date='30 August 2009 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1251663445' post='796370']

[/quote]

You're right ... you should probably tell that to the families of the nine people that just died in NYC because of low-flying aircraft.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125140196268364357.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

It's cool when planes that can't be tracked by air traffic control decide to fly around and around over crowds.

[quote]The planes all fly at or below 1,100 feet, where air traffic controllers cannot track them, and pilots are left to navigate on their own. Air traffic controllers do not attempt to separate aircraft. [b]It's up to pilots to avoid collisions, primarily by watching out the window.[/b][/quote]

You know, because they never crash like commercial planes do.

[quote]According to the report, aircraft that carry 30 passengers or less have a fatal accident rate 50 times higher than commercial air carriers.[/quote]

It may just be me, but I'd rather the dumbass more focused on looking down on a crowd and seeing if a banner gets "play" rather than flying, stays away from any field or crowd that me, my friends and/or family are involved with.

Archived