!!!OFFICIAL RAMS @ BENGALS PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='27 August 2009 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1251416267' post='795361']
oh bite me mr. sensitive. My post had nothing to do with the Bengals but rather Jason's allegiance to OSU and JL.
[/quote]

I am an OSU fan. I was and am a James Laurinaitis fan (since he's not a stealer, Brown, or Raven). And now that Rey is a Bengal, I am a Rey fan. I was not before the draft. I freely admit that.

But none of that changes my belief that James was/is a better player [b]right now[/b]. And at least one NFL GM agrees with me.

But Rey may well develop into a better player if the coaches improve his discipline and tackling consistency. Until that happens I will still believe that James is a better overall player, at MLB anyway. Rey has all the physical tools, he just needs to improve his discipline.

If I have given the impression that I don't like Rey, it was unintentional. But I try to be honest in my evaluation of a player regardless of how much I like a player. Even if he's a stealer.

[quote name='Jason' date='27 August 2009 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1251416862' post='795383']
I am an OSU fan. I was and am a James Laurinaitis fan (since he's not a stealer, Brown, or Raven). And now that Rey is a Bengal, I am a Rey fan. I was not before the draft. I freely admit that.

But none of that changes my belief that James was/is a better player [b]right now[/b]. And at least one NFL GM agrees with me.

But Rey may well develop into a better player if the coaches improve his discipline and tackling consistency. Until that happens I will still believe that James is a better overall player, at MLB anyway. Rey has all the physical tools, he just needs to improve his discipline.

If I have given the impression that I don't like Rey, it was unintentional. But I try to be honest in my evaluation of a player regardless of how much I like a player. Even if he's a stealer.
[/quote]

its cool, again maybe it just came off that way. My bad.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='27 August 2009 - 07:52 PM' timestamp='1251417157' post='795393']
Why does morgan trent play so much? Hes not good...yet anyways.
[/quote]

Without playing he will never get good. And until David Jones is back, he's probably the 3rd or 4th best CB available.

Archived