The Official Ohio State Football Thread

Jason

[quote name='bgwilly31' date='12 September 2009 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1252770056' post='800930']
Ohio state fans are as blind as some of the bengal homers around here. Scarlet colored glasses around!

USC will dominate this game just like last year. Im heading up to osu campus tonight and im going to laugh at all the buckeye dorks around after the game.
[/quote]

As always, you come across looking like a douchebag. Sure, USC could blow them out in the 2nd half, but as of now, it's not the ass beating you were expecting. I really feel the bucks have wasted some opportunities that is going to bite them later on.

Ugh, not typically a big OSU fan, but I'd definately like to see them win.

With that, after the first half.

Quit playing Tressel ball. Throw the fuggin' rock downfield. They scored when...they threw the ball down the field. Why the hell does Tress never go for the kill? "Oh, I got the lead, now we're gonna go real vanilla on the play calling"

Quit with this stupid, looking like Pryor on the option only to step back and pass. God is it fuckin' retarded.

Defense is looking pretty bland as well. I'd like to see some guys moving around, some blitzes, something to try and cause some confusion for the new QB. Instead? Line up in base 43 and stay there most of the time. There has not been much pressure on the USC QB. Give any QB time and he'll find someone.

Tied at the half now?

I fully expect Carrol to go in. Make adjustments, come out and play real well against Tressel while he continues with his tressel-ball.

Typical Tressel Buckeyes.

I think folks are starting to grow a little tired of Tressel.

[quote name='Elflocko' date='13 September 2009 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1252810923' post='801018']
And I know this is blasphemous, but I just don't think that Pryor is that great of a QB.

Great athlete, yes. QB?

Yeah no...
[/quote]

a good coach could fix that. He's got the arm, just not the techinque.

[quote name='Elflocko' date='13 September 2009 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1252811831' post='801023']
Do they have the same coach that was there when Troy Smith looked great?
[/quote]

No Clue. Just know they botched this one. Dominate for 3 1/2 quarters and screw the pouch. PUT UP SOME FUCKING POINTS TRESSELL!!! That's how you win big games.

[quote name='ccartman2' date='12 September 2009 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1252812162' post='801024']
No Clue. Just know they botched this one. Dominate for 3 1/2 quarters and screw the pouch. PUT UP SOME FUCKING POINTS TRESSELL!!! That's how you win big games.
[/quote]

Exactly.

How in the [b]fuck[/b] do you punt the ball with 55 seconds left in the half and give up a field goal?

Jebus...

[quote name='ccartman2' date='13 September 2009 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1252812590' post='801028']
Well the great pryor officially screwed up this game. Every one else on the team played to win.
[/quote]

Pryor didn't have a great game, but Jim Tressel has no one to blame but himself for this loss. It sucks to say I told you so, but he lacks any kind of killer instinct. OSU dominated pretty much the entire game and let it slip away at the end when they could have had a 2 score lead.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='13 September 2009 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1252812995' post='801030']
Pryor didn't have a great game, but Jim Tressel has no one to blame but himself for this loss. It sucks to say I told you so, but he lacks any kind of killer instinct. OSU dominated pretty much the entire game and let it slip away at the end when they could have had a 2 score lead.
[/quote]

I agree Tressel is to blame, and it is getting closer to the time he needs to go. He can't win a big game outside of the big ten since the Miami game. It's always the same. Still, he should have benched Pryor as soon as it was obvious that they would stop his running and he couldn't throw. 10-23 please. Should have benched him early in the 2nd half.

I am pretty sick of "Tressel Ball".

The Buckeyes started several drives in USC territory
and got absolutely nothing out of them. They should
have been up by at least 12 points, instead they let
them hang around and win it at the end.

And Terrell Pror is not going to ever be drafted as a QB.

What a shitty game. I can only hope a Bengals win washes
this shitty taste out of my mouth.

Pathetic.

[quote name='ccartman2' date='13 September 2009 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1252813319' post='801032']
I agree Tressel is to blame, and it is getting closer to the time he needs to go. He can't win a big game outside of the big ten since the Miami game. It's always the same. Still, he should have benched Pryor as soon as it was obvious that they would stop his running and he couldn't throw. 10-23 please. Should have benched him early in the 2nd half.
[/quote]

I don't think he needs to go yet, but he needed to stop calling the offensive plays about 2 years ago.

Ohio State has too much talent on offense to play the way the do. They should be running a spread like UC and Florida, allowing Herron and Pryor to make plays against spread out defenses, and utilizing the great speed they have at the WR position with Posey, Thomas, Carter, and Sansenbacher.

And its sickening that with a 6'6" 240lb QB that we don't run QB sneaks on 3rd and 1's. Poor playcalling forced 2 redzone FG's.

[url="http://twitter.com/joereedy"][b][color="#0a0501"]joereedy[/color][/b][/url] Dear Coach Tressel -- We miss you. Bring it home in the fourth. Signed, Winning a big game
[url="http://twitter.com/joereedy/status/3947049941"]about 1 hour ago[/url] from [url="http://www.tweetdeck.com/"]TweetDeck[/url]

Last 6 games against top 5 teams, 0-6 record.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='13 September 2009 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1252812995' post='801030']
[/quote]
Tressel trying to use killer instinct at the end of the first half cost his team the lead, in case you forgot.

The difference in this game was Pryor. He flat sucks. His footwork is shit. He keeps lobbing passes like they're fallaway jump shots. Someone needs to tell him this isn't basketball.. The only time he ever makes a pass is when he's on the run. And that's because it's the only time he's actually following through and stepping forward as he throws the ball.

Inspiring performance by the D for the most part.

I'd love to know how many times our slot WR was left uncovered and not thrown to in this game. He was wide open down the seam so many times... without a single pass being thrown that way that I can recall. It was completely pathetic.

I don't know why everyone is so glum - this was a great victory for Ohio State. They didn't get obliterated by the end of the first half for a change! By showing they can compete with a rebuilding program that just lost its offensive coordinator and nearly all of its defense, starting a true freshman quarterback, and missing several of its veteran offensive playmakers, they haven't been this relevant in years! Congrats, fellas - you've graduated from 'laughingstock' to 'punching bag.'

Archived