The Official Ohio State Football Thread

Jason

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='15 November 2009 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1258306752' post='827209']
I'm sorry Jason, but Tressel WAS the problem yesterday. He let the game be that close. You get the ball at the Iowa 45 with only a 7 point lead and you run the ball 7 straight plays? Poor coaching. He also wasted an opportunity to end the game in regulation. As usual, instead of trying to win the game, he was trying not to lose.

Also, he seems to forget that he doesn't have an all american punter and kicker anymore. Can't be as conservative as he was 6 years ago.
[/quote]

A young inconsistent QB against a defense that leads all of college football in INTs. Sometimes you need to be conservative.

• 1 month later...
Umm Oregon Sucks. so yeah gratz. masoli is a fucking douchebag. Can't throw for shit. Your going to brag because OSU matched up well vs a one sided rush heavy offense that cant pass to save their lives.

Yes Ohio state played well today to win the game. But it doesnt mean shit. It's Oregon.

UC would murder Ohio state. plain and simple.

[quote name='bgwilly31' date='01 January 2010 - 07:56 PM' timestamp='1262400971' post='850318']
Umm Oregon Sucks. so yeah gratz. masoli is a fucking douchebag. Can't throw for shit. Your going to brag because OSU matched up well vs a one sided rush heavy offense that cant pass to save their lives.

Yes Ohio state played well today to win the game. But it doesnt mean shit. It's Oregon.

[b]UC would murder Ohio state.[/b] plain and simple.
[/quote]

Kinda like they're doing to Florida, right?

The UC Delusion is rampant around here...

An Oregon team who average 400+ yards a game, Ohio state held them to 260 and 17 points. Terelle Pryor had more yard then the entire Oregon ducks team today. The same Oregon team who cluster fucked USC.

Also to say UC would demolish OSU? Yeah I would love to play UC after seeing this so called team getting there asses spanked worse then we did by Florida.

The same Cincinnati football team who has won ONE bowl game...Against Marshall...Hehe

I like UC, Just the fans tend to get on my nerves...

[quote name='bgwilly31' date='01 January 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1262400971' post='850318']

[/quote]
Frustrated? :)

2002 National Championship Season
Ohio State 23, Cincinnati 19

2004 Alamo Bowl Season
Ohio State 27, Cincinnati 6

2006 National Championship Season
Ohio State 37, Cincinnati 7

Those are the three games that come to mind, 02 Being the season Cincy almost beat tOSU. 06 is more accurate to the current Cincy team. Enough said

[quote name='Bengal Chris' date='01 January 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1262403828' post='850333']

2004 Alamo Bowl Season

[b]2006 National Championship Season[/b]

Those are the three games that come to mind, 02 Being the season Cincy almost beat tOSU. 06 is more accurate to the current Cincy team. Enough said
[/quote]

Ummmm.....

[quote name='Bengal Chris' date='01 January 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1262403828' post='850333']

2004 Alamo Bowl Season

2006 National Championship Season

[/quote]
I don't really want to get to involved in the flame war, but what does OSU beating Cincy in those 3 games really have to do with how they would do now? Cincy has improved quite a bit since these losses.

OSU's one reciever looked good. He might not be bad to have in stripes. I'd like to have Denlinger too. Maybe a UDFA. Obviously if we got into running back trouble Saine would be nice too.

[quote name='bgwilly31' date='01 January 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1262400971' post='850318']

[/quote]

did you even watch an Oregon game this year? They were UC with a harder schedule.

I wouldn't be mocking Oregon. They're a better program with better tradition than UC.

Glad to see Tressel get away from Tressel Ball!

That was a HUGH-JUH game from Pryor!

I hope it is a sign of things to come next season.

Oh, and didn't think bgwilly could be a bigger asshat
than he already was. I guess his New Year's resolution
was to improve his asshatness.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='02 January 2010 - 09:44 AM' timestamp='1262439845' post='850387']
did you even watch an Oregon game this year? They were UC with a harder schedule.

I wouldn't be mocking Oregon. They're a better program with better tradition than UC.
[/quote]

They were UC>? Your kidding right>? They avg 150yds a game passing.

OSU matches up well against a weak Defensive team that is focused on running the ball on offense.

OSu doesnt match up well against a weak defensive team and an extremely Explosive offensive team that is focused on the pass.

Enough said. UC would beat OSu.

Archived