The Official Ohio State Football Thread

Jason

[quote name='bgwilly31' date='02 January 2010 - 10:00 AM' timestamp='1262444404' post='850399']
They were UC>? Your kidding right>? They avg 150yds a game passing.

OSU matches up well against a weak Defensive team that is focused on running the ball on offense.

OSu doesnt match up well against a weak defensive team and an extremely Explosive offensive team that is focused on the pass.

Enough said. UC would beat OSu.
[/quote]

Dude just stop.

I like UC. And I was rooting for them.
But people like you almost make me hate them.

Oregon played 6 teams that were ranked.
They beat 2 teams that were ranked #5 and 6 at the time.
The Bearcats played 4 teams that were ranked. Not including
the Gators, 3 teams that were ranked. None were ranked
higher than 15th. And their last 2 games against ranked opponents
were nail biters.

Also, the Ducks were averaging 195 passing yards per game.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='02 January 2010 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1262445781' post='850403']
Dude just stop.

I like UC. And I was rooting for them.
But people like you almost make me hate them.

Oregon played 6 teams that were ranked.
They beat 2 teams that were ranked #5 and 6 at the time.
The Bearcats played 4 teams that were ranked. Not including
the Gators, 3 teams that were ranked. None were ranked
higher than 15th. And their last 2 games against ranked opponents
were nail biters.

Also, the Ducks were averaging 195 passing yards per game.
[/quote]

I was rooting for UC myself. The short man syndrome among UC fans makes it tougher to like them for sure.

Before UC fans get all puffed up about wanting to the play the Buckeyes they should learn to play defense.

[quote name='bgwilly31' date='02 January 2010 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1262444404' post='850399']

OSU matches up well against a weak Defensive team that is focused on running the ball on offense.

OSu doesnt match up well against a weak defensive team and an extremely Explosive offensive team that is focused on the pass.

[/quote]

Man, just accept the asswhiping! Ohio State beat a team that everyone in the country thought would run over them, and UC lost to a team that everyone thought would crush them. I was rooting for both teams, so I was happy to see OSU win and sad to see Cincy lose. I truly think that UC has performed admirably considering that most of their recruits are from the second tier.
BTW, OSU would have thrashed Cincy. Their O-line is no match for the Bucks D-line, just like they weren't ready for Florida's.

[quote name='bgwilly31' date='02 January 2010 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1262444404' post='850399']

[b]OSu doesnt match up well against a weak defensive team and an extremely Explosive offensive team that is focused on the pass.[/b]

[/quote]

OSU is #7 in the nation in pass efficiency defense and currently leads the nation in interceptions. They don't have any problems with passing teams.

[quote name='bgwilly31' date='02 January 2010 - 12:00 PM' timestamp='1262444404' post='850399']

[/quote]

:lol: Careful, those angry tears will short out your keyboard. Learn to lose with class, guy....your team was humiliated. Your exhibit A on why its hard to root for UC.

bgwilly31, as usual, is going about this completely wrong.
If he really wanted to rile you homers up, he should have posed this question:

Will Zach Collaros, who no one wanted besides UC and Kent State, have a better statistical season than OMFG BEST PROSPECT EVAR!!! Pryor?

oh, and UC fans don't have much to brag about, but the score from an OSU-Florida matchup wouldn't have been [i]any[/i] better.

[quote name='#22' date='02 January 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1262455352' post='850436']

Will Zach Collaros, who no one wanted besides UC and Kent State, have a better statistical season than OMFG BEST PROSPECT EVAR!!! Pryor?

oh, and UC fans don't have much to brag about, but the score from an OSU-Florida matchup wouldn't have been [i]any[/i] better.
[/quote]

Florida would have beaten Ohio State last night too, but not by nearly the margin UC lost by. OSU defenders don't stand around and watch receivers run past them and into the end zone.

As to your other question, competing in the Little East is a bit different than the Big Ten. We actually play defense in the Big Ten.

UC had a nice season, enjoy it. Why do you guys have to puff up your chests and bluster about the Buckeyes?

[quote name='#22' date='02 January 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1262455352' post='850436']

[/quote]

Not a homer, just a fan.

Yesterday was either Pryor's "coming out party" or an anomaly. I hope for the prior but his decision making skills are still highly suspect IMO. It's almost like he can't see or read the middle of the field.

As for Florida, I just can't see them dropping 51 points on OSU's defense, plus OSU is better at running the ball\controlling the clock. Florida wouldn't have had the [b]time[/b] to drop 51.

I don't believe for a second that OSU could have beaten Florida last night...

[quote name='#22' date='02 January 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1262455352' post='850436']

oh, and UC fans don't have much to brag about, but the score from [b]an OSU-Florida matchup wouldn't have been [i]any[/i] better.[/b]
[/quote]

Well, it would have been a little better. OSU has a good enough d-line this year to keep us in most games. But Florida was just not going to lose last night. Between Tebow's last game and Meyer's last game, I think they could have beaten some NFL teams last night.

Also heres the thing, If Ohio State would have lost last night no one would have opened there mouth about anything. Which is always the way it goes.

Ohio State win - The Team we played suck
Ohio State loss - Watch out the team who beat is is the best team in the nation

Well, UC got hammered last night and UC had ZERO interceptions. Pryor, I tend to think, would have at least 1 INT against Florida. Florida probably wouldn't score 51 on Ohio State, but the Buckeyes sure as hell wouldn't score 24 on Florida. I think the score would be similar to the National Championship. Ohio State was undeniably better three years ago, and I'd say Florida has remained pretty constant. Sure, they lost guys like Harvin and Caldwell, but Demps/Moody is a better backfield than Fason/Harvin, and Tim Tebow (probably the greatest College Football player I've ever seen, like it or not) got all of the snaps this year.

I would predict a 41-14 score.

Whatifsports is a little less generous:
http://whatifsports.com/ncaafb/boxscore.asp?GameID=1613392&nomenu=1

At the end of the day, though, OSU won their bowl and UC got killed in theirs, and that's all that matters. OSU has a much brighter future, too.

[quote name='#22' date='02 January 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1262458373' post='850461']
Well, UC got hammered last night and UC had ZERO interceptions. Pryor, I tend to think, would have at least 1 INT against Florida. Florida probably wouldn't score 51 on Ohio State, but the Buckeyes sure as hell wouldn't score 24 on Florida. I think the score would be similar to the National Championship.

I would predict a 41-14 score.

[/quote]

exactly.

You guys need to at least take into consideration that UC lost their Head Coach and the offensive cord.

I know its an excuse. But.... you cant just look past it like its nothing.

I think if there's no coach situation UC would have played a bit better and not giving up towards the end of the 1st half like they did. I predict the score would have been something a bit mroe reasonable like 44-31.

OSU would havent have had a chance to put up those kind of points vs FL.

The final score between them would be something similiar to the last time they faced them.

33-10.

I still say UC would beat OSU.

And this is why i hate College football. Speculation bullshit. OSU fans get to feed on speculation all year long because they beat a worthless ducks team.

You ever consider the ducks beat oregon st. by one score. And UC Went to Oregon state and stomped them. >?

[quote name='bgwilly31' date='02 January 2010 - 04:13 PM' timestamp='1262463235' post='850476']
exactly.

You guys need to at least take into consideration that UC lost their Head Coach and the offensive cord.

I know its an excuse. But.... you cant just look past it like its nothing.

I think if there's no coach situation UC would have played a bit better and not giving up towards the end of the 1st half like they did. I predict the score would have been something a bit mroe reasonable like 44-31.

OSU would havent have had a chance to put up those kind of points vs FL.

The final score between them would be something similiar to the last time they faced them.

33-10.

I still say UC would beat OSU.

And this is why i hate College football. Speculation bullshit. OSU fans get to feed on speculation all year long because they beat a worthless ducks team.

[b]You ever consider the ducks beat oregon st. by one score. And UC Went to Oregon state and stomped them. >?[/b]
[/quote]

You really can't compare outcomes of rivalry games. And the way UC's defense has played the past several weeks, OSU would have run all over them.

#22 and bgwilly, you both are lame.

If Tressel had game planned better and the Buckeye's biggest Offensive
weapon hadn't been hurt, then the National Championship game would
have ended different. With a Buckeyes win.

See, I can play what if too.

Also, the Bengals beat the Bears by 35 points. The Bears beat the Vikings,
so that must mean the Bengals would stomp the Vikings. Oh wait.

What you both are doing is speculating. But I find it funny that bgwilly says he
hates speculation, because it doesn't benefit him.

The Buckeyes beat a team that had as many losses, and was ranked higher than them.
The Bearcats got stomped by a team that had less losses and was ranked lower.
Those are the facts.

Also, I don't think Brian Kelly leaving was much of a factor either way. His team was
beaten soundly last year in the BCS. And like I said, I think Florida would have beaten
any team they played last night.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='02 January 2010 - 06:46 PM' timestamp='1262472370' post='850495']
#22 and bgwilly, you both are lame.

If Tressel had game planned better and the Buckeye's biggest Offensive
weapon hadn't been hurt, then the National Championship game would
have ended different. With a Buckeyes win.

See, I can play what if too.

Also, the Bengals beat the Bears by 35 points. The Bears beat the Vikings,
so that must mean the Bengals would stomp the Vikings. Oh wait.

What you both are doing is speculating. But I find it funny that bgwilly says he
hates speculation, because it doesn't benefit him.

The Buckeyes beat a team that had as many losses, and was ranked higher than them.
The Bearcats got stomped by a team that had less losses and was ranked lower.
Those are the facts.

Also, I don't think Brian Kelly leaving was much of a factor either way. His team was
beaten soundly last year in the BCS. And like I said, I think Florida would have beaten
any team they played last night.
[/quote]

ol school you just take me to be an asshole because you think im an asshole.

But i do hate speculation. I also hate speculating myself. but in college football what is there left to do but speculate. >? Can you answer me that>?

[quote name='bgwilly31' date='02 January 2010 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1262478955' post='850511']
ol school you just take me to be an asshole because you think im an asshole.

But i do hate speculation. I also hate speculating myself. but in college football what is there left to do but speculate. >? Can you answer me that>?
[/quote]

wat?

Bgwilly I do take into consideration that UC lost there head coach, Thats hard on any team, I also never said Ohio State had a chance against Florida, I honestly believe we would have lost too. BUT it would be nowhere as near of an egg that Cincy laid last night. If I had to predict a score of OSU v Florida?

17-24 with Florida winning.

UC would have no chance against Ohio State THIS YEAR not saying the couldnt but I honestly dont believe it.

and #22....

2009 Florida Gators 17
2009 Ohio State Buckeyes 34

http://whatifsports.com/ncaafb/boxscore.asp?GameID=1617647&nomenu=1

[quote name='Jason' date='02 January 2010 - 12:18 PM' timestamp='1262456297' post='850446']
Well, it would have been a little better. OSU has a good enough d-line this year to keep us in most games. But Florida was just not going to lose last night. Between Tebow's last game and Meyer's last game, I think they could have beaten some NFL teams last night.
[/quote]

No chance in hell that would happen.

[quote name='Harmening' date='07 January 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1262881629' post='853089']
Yep.
Hard to tell when it's being used sometimes on a faceless internet message board.
[/quote]

This is true. FYI, I use it a lot. So if I say something that seems ridiculous, there's a good chance it was hyperbole.

:D

Archived