Blounts Punch out last night.

bgwilly31

[quote name='GoBengals' date='05 September 2009 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1252122070' post='798382']
he didnt wait even one second.. when did he wait.. he is walking out some dude taps him talking shit, he turns and punches... what did he wait for? where was the waiting exactly?

horseshit.. your ass woulda done the same thing... and even more, if it were a black dude taunting a white player who then punched him, youd be on the other side of it for sure... would opie be being called a thug like 6 times in this thread if reversed? not a chance.. and if your even just a fan at a bengals game, adrenaline was going, you were talking some fun trash all game long.. hey win big.. and someone comes and calls you a punk bitch nudges you ...you do what? tell him good game? not a fucking chance.. your fighting that dude right the fuck there.... and you know it...

pretty much, Blount got what he deserved afterwords though, done for year, they cant let that shit happen, but boise dude got knocked the fuck out like a girl... deservingly.. and dude is done in college football ..deservingly...

right.. sore loser isnt as bad a sore winner.. winner = boise guy, wont the game. loser = blount guy, lost the game.. being pissed about losing sucks, and bound to happen, being a dick when you won.. is some hoe ass bullshit..

must be a good lip reader...

he certainly does ...cant have that shit going down...
[/quote]
Once again, everybody is tough on the internet.

In other words, [img]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3439/saytoface2ns0.jpg[/img]

[quote name='GoBengals' date='04 September 2009 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1252122070' post='798382']
being pissed about losing sucks, and bound to happen, being a dick when you won.. [b]is some hoe ass bullshit[/b]..
[/quote]

I don't think there is a more accurate string of words in the English language that can describe the situation more than this. Kudos.

[quote name='#22' date='04 September 2009 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1252123657' post='798394']
Once again, everybody is tough on the internet.

In other words, [img]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3439/saytoface2ns0.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Damn, that IS pretty much what I look like.

I disagree with you though, if I was playing a sport, and I just got my ass kicked and then someone on the winning team came over and rubbed my face in it and slapped me on the shoulder, I'd be pretty tempted to sock them too. And I'm a pretty passive guy. That's just shit you don't do. Go celebrate with your team. Gloat to the media. Anything but be a bitch and talk shit when you are surrounded by your teammates and coaches on your home field. That is weak sauce.

PS Your Ichiro avatar is awesome.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='04 September 2009 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1252122070' post='798382']
he certainly does ...cant have that shit going down...
[/quote]

i disagree with the suspension. no u cant have fighting but in ncaa basketball a punch or elbow is 2 games i believe and they play 30-40 games. when Miami (FL) a few years ago got in that fight and the miami safety was swinging to hit people with his helmet (and hit 1 guy i think) how many games did he get? it wasnt near 11 or 12 games of football. this guy threw 1 punch. if the punch lands in the guys chest instead of his face then the oregon back would only get probably a 2 or 3 game suspension. if he was white he wouldnt be suspended for the season either and i bet if the ruling was up to the NCAA they owuldnt have suspended him the whole season either. chip kelly is a bad coach and also made a bad decision. if im that RB i file something in court and i bet he would get it reduced. he can transfer to a non d1 school and play too.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='05 September 2009 - 08:43 AM' timestamp='1252125821' post='798397']
i disagree with the suspension. no u cant have fighting but in ncaa basketball a punch or elbow is 2 games i believe and they play 30-40 games. when Miami (FL) a few years ago got in that fight and the miami safety was swinging to hit people with his helmet (and hit 1 guy i think) how many games did he get? it wasnt near 11 or 12 games of football. this guy threw 1 punch. if the punch lands in the guys chest instead of his face then the oregon back would only get probably a 2 or 3 game suspension. if he was white he wouldnt be suspended for the season either and i bet if the ruling was up to the NCAA they owuldnt have suspended him the whole season either. chip kelly is a bad coach and also made a bad decision. if im that RB i file something in court and i bet he would get it reduced. he can transfer to a non d1 school and play too.
[/quote]

Absolutely with you on this. Suspension for anything more than a few games is simply overkill. If any suspensions are expected to go down, both Blount and the Boise douche should both be getting them. If the NCAA is pushing this whole "sportsmanship" initiative, both of these players were in the wrong.

I'm sorry, talking shit after a game is one thing, but to put your hands on someone who just had a horrible game? That's garbage. College football "experts" and the media have been jerking off to Boise State since the "statue of liberty play" and the 2007 Fiesta Bowl, in most of the their views, they want to see magic from Boise... and they will be the hardest ones to convince finding fault in them.
People focus on the punch rather than the events leading up to. Technically if you want to get into it, the Boise player not only provoked the fight, but initiated the physical element of the fight when he put his hands on Blount.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='04 September 2009 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1252122070' post='798382']

horseshit.. your ass woulda done the same thing... and even more, if it were a black dude taunting a white player who then punched him, youd be on the other side of it for sure... would opie be being called a thug like 6 times in this thread if reversed? not a chance.. and if your even just a fan at a bengals game, adrenaline was going, you were talking some fun trash all game long.. hey win big.. and someone comes and calls you a punk bitch nudges you ...you do what? tell him good game? not a fucking chance.. your fighting that dude right the fuck there.... and you know it...

[/quote]
Race has nothing to do with this. Blount talked mad shit about how he and the Ducks were going to maul the Boise State team to anyone who would listen for weeks before the game, had a shitty game,Ducks get beat and look horrible in the process and then some sore-winner guy on the other team decided to rub his nose in it.

It was a classless move by the Boise State player, but in no way did it warrant a sucker punch, especially since Blount was the one that started all the shit talking and then couldn't back it up on the field. A total bitch move by Blount.

Correct^

Everybody needs to not forget all the trash talking blount did before the game.

The white dude was just returning the favor.

BTW if you watch the video. Blount made a cheap shot. He threw the punch then basically skipped quickly far far away from the whole mess.

[quote name='bgwilly31' date='05 September 2009 - 11:08 AM' timestamp='1252159684' post='798454']
Correct^

Everybody needs to not forget all the trash talking blount did before the game.

The white dude was just returning the favor.

BTW if you watch the video. Blount made a cheap shot. He threw the punch then basically skipped quickly far far away from the whole mess.
[/quote]

So according to you, it wouldn't have been a cheap shot if he had stood over the guy on the ground instead of walking away? Blount walked into a crowd of the other team's players to punch the one guy who physically provoked him; him walking away basically prevented him fighting the whole Boise team.

Again, if you're walking off the field, pissed as hell, and some dick, feeling emboldened from being surrounded by his crew of dicks, comes over to scream in your face and give you a shove to provoke you, how exactly is it cheap to respond to this?

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' date='05 September 2009 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1252173491' post='798575']
So according to you, it wouldn't have been a cheap shot if he had stood over the guy on the ground instead of walking away? Blount walked into a crowd of the other team's players to punch the one guy who physically provoked him; him walking away basically prevented him fighting the whole Boise team.

Again, if you're walking off the field, pissed as hell, and some dick, feeling emboldened from being surrounded by his crew of dicks, comes over to scream in your face and give you a shove to provoke you, how exactly is it cheap to respond to this?
[/quote]
There was no shove. Slight shoulder pad contact. I agree what the Boise DT did was a perfect case of classless sore-winner-ism, but it was not deserving of the reaction from Blount it received. Apparently both schools and the NCAA agree, which is why Blount is suffering the severest punishment [i]he[/i] deservedly received.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='05 September 2009 - 02:03 PM' timestamp='1252173789' post='798580']
There was no shove. Slight shoulder pad contact. I agree what the Boise DT did was a perfect case of classless sore-winner-ism, but it was not deserving of the reaction from Blount it received. Apparently both schools and the NCAA agree, which is why Blount is suffering the severest punishment [i]he[/i] deservedly received.
[/quote]

you have no idea what the ncaa believes. oregon made the punishment not the ncaa.

Archived