Shake up in the Big Ten.

DougNasty.

So after watching the OSU/Navy game, and the Iowa/UNI game, I really think the Big Ten is gonna need to do some work if we wanna stay competitive. Pryor looked terrible. Ohio States defense, or whatever they want to call it this year stood no chance against the run game. Hopefully it was a opening fluke --- hopefully someone's mom accidentally brought the guys some expired Capri Sun, something. It was looking BAD.

I don't even wanna get started on the Iowa game.... I can already tell we won't be finishing this season off in the BCS top 25.... If we hadn't blocked back to back field goals --- I'm pretty sure Kirk Ferentz would already be hanging out in front of Kinnick Stadium.

These are dark times for the Big Ten --- dark times.

[quote name='DougNasty.' date='05 September 2009 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1252186732' post='798694']
So after watching the OSU/Navy game, and the Iowa/UNI game, I really think the Big Ten is gonna need to do some work if we wanna stay competitive. [b]Pryor looked terrible[/b]. Ohio States defense, or whatever they want to call it this year stood no chance against the run game. Hopefully it was a opening fluke --- hopefully someone's mom accidentally brought the guys some expired Capri Sun, something. It was looking BAD.

I don't even wanna get started on the Iowa game.... I can already tell we won't be finishing this season off in the BCS top 25.... If we hadn't blocked back to back field goals --- I'm pretty sure Kirk Ferentz would already be hanging out in front of Kinnick Stadium.

[/quote]

Huh??? Did we watch the same game? Pryor looked great except for 1 pass. Taurian Washington the O-line and the second half defense looked bad.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='05 September 2009 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1252203796' post='798778']
Its one game...for OSU at least wait to see what happens next week before making any assumptions. Pryor made one really bad pass, besides that I think actually throw the ball well.
[/quote]

he made some really terrible decisions and if he tries those against a good team (navy is not) he will not succeed like he did at times today.

the simple fact that when the smallest defensive lineman in college football get through your O-line, and your highly regarded Sophomore QB can't handle the heat from a team that is supposed to be a bunch of scrubs, you should be worried. Ohio State and Iowa both look bad this year. Maybe it's just a fluke --- I really hope it is... I had really high hopes for the Big Ten this year... and there still is time to turn it around. But Im simply stating that there is some serious kinks that need to get worked out, and quick.

However, after a narrow win against Navy, and now they are headed to the Colosseum? Next week is looking pretty questionable.

[quote name='DougNasty.' date='05 September 2009 - 06:38 PM' timestamp='1252186732' post='798694']
So after watching the OSU/Navy game, and the Iowa/UNI game, I really think the Big Ten is gonna need to do some work if we wanna stay competitive. Pryor looked terrible. Ohio States defense, or whatever they want to call it this year stood no chance against the run game. Hopefully it was a opening fluke --- hopefully someone's mom accidentally brought the guys some expired Capri Sun, something. It was looking BAD.

[/quote]

What are you talking about? Pryor looked great. It's the Oline that needs some work.

And you're a fool if you think Navy is a bunch of scrubs.

[quote name='DougNasty.' date='06 September 2009 - 06:50 AM' timestamp='1252230617' post='798827']
the simple fact that when the smallest defensive lineman in college football get through your O-line, and your highly regarded Sophomore QB can't handle the heat from a team that is supposed to be a bunch of scrubs, you should be worried. Ohio State and Iowa both look bad this year. Maybe it's just a fluke --- I really hope it is... I had really high hopes for the Big Ten this year... and there still is time to turn it around. But Im simply stating that there is some serious kinks that need to get worked out, and quick.

However, after a narrow win against Navy, [b]and now they are headed to the Colosseum?[/b] Next week is looking pretty questionable.
[/quote]

The game is in the Horseshoe. Do you know anything about college football?

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='06 September 2009 - 04:09 AM' timestamp='1252224563' post='798814']
[b]he made some really terrible decisions[/b] and if he tries those against a good team (navy is not) he will not succeed like he did at times today.
[/quote]

Can you cite some specific examples? I don't remember any "terrible" decisions.

[quote name='Jason' date='06 September 2009 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1252206347' post='798784']
Huh??? Did we watch the same game? Pryor looked great except for 1 pass. Taurian Washington the O-line and the second half defense looked bad.
[/quote]

Add Anderson Russell to that list. He's given up the last 3 receiving TD's (including the texas game), and has looked awful doing it.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='06 September 2009 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1252248023' post='798889']
[/quote]

Sorry, I apologize, I misread. But wait, didn't this last game happen at the Horseshoe too? Gee, that looks like it's really helping things when OSU plays at home.

As for Pryor --- 14/21 --- okay not bad. But 3/12 on third downs? How about that fantastic pass directly to the defender? That was nice. The fact that Pryor spent a good portion of the time scrambling around outside the pocket even when there was no pressure? He's not a bad Quarterback, but how about some presence please? I'm not denying that the O-line left a whole lot to be desired. But damn, the way people hype him up, I was expecting a whole lot more.

As for Navy being something other than a scrub team? Everywhere i've looked as far as preseason rankings and predictions they've been ranked under 80.

Scout.com has them at #88 for this year. http://cfn.scout.com/2/883930.html

And you are absolutely right --- I must not know anything about college football. But I do know that Ohio State is definitely not the 6th team in college football. But then again, even Navy could figure that out.

Oh sorry, I forgot the game last year when USC beat you 35-3? Navy was ranked 40th last year on Defense last year. USC was number one.

How about offense? Last year Ohio State --- 43rd in the FBS --- Southern Cal? 22.

The numbers are not in OSU's favor. Pryor 96th place last year in offensive production. He played what? 9 or 10 games? Ricky Stanzi from Iowa put up more yards then him and had similar playing time.

So... you've admitted that your defense looked bad, and your offense left a lot to be desired in the past. I mean... maybe you meant the special teams would win the game? Because that's all that's left right?

But hey, I don't know anything about college football.

[quote name='Jason' date='06 September 2009 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1252248042' post='798890']
Can you cite some specific examples? I don't remember any "terrible" decisions.
[/quote]

well aside from the announcers constantly pointing it out. you could cite the 15 times he had time in the pocket, held it too long made a move to get more time and instead of throwing it away he tries to force something. or you could point out the golden no no of him breaking a sack and then running into his own endzone instead of getting rid of it or taking a sack. you dont ever flee pressure by backing yourself into your own endzone. he got away with some of his mental mistakes because navy just isnt very good, but if he does those things against USC he will get sacked, he will get picked and he will look real bad. he has talent, but he makes a lot of mental mistakes and since he got away with them against navy i figure he does them again at USC but it wont be easy to get by next week.

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='06 September 2009 - 08:57 AM' timestamp='1252241839' post='798848']
I think Penn State will end up on top of the division.

Pryor was not the problem yesterday either. The o-line, Herron, and defense were not good.
[/quote]

i think PSU cake walks through for the title.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='06 September 2009 - 10:38 AM' timestamp='1252247922' post='798887']
And you're a fool if you think Navy is a bunch of scrubs.
[/quote]

hahaha. i am sure going into the year you looked at the schedule and said sweet we will rape navy cuz they suck and build our confidence and get to work on some things for USC. instead they got a reality check that OSU isnt really a top team. the OL was bad, pryor made bad decisions but got away with them vs a lesser team and the D looked pitiful (id think would be expected considering how many good players they lost to the draft).

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='06 September 2009 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1252248023' post='798889']
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHA. he misreads a schedule and that means he knows nothing about college football? lol, you are acting like a fucking stealers fan. man up and recognize that OSU is not as good as the fans/media originally perceived them to be instead of insulting someone who is seeing that. if you truly believe that OSU has a chance next week then i hope you dont get beer goggles like you get homer goggles.

I love how the truth will get you negative rep on these boards. The "Shoe" is a stadium --- there are absolutely no magical powers associated with it. Didn't Penn State beat OSU at their [b]homecoming[/b] last year? I mean, they are Number 9 right? So you guys are most definitely the sixth best team in college football.

I'm convinced the BCS counts the number of times Joe Paterno falls asleep talking about OSU every year... and that's the number they choose to seed them. Really the only reason why Big Ten teams are in bowl games is because Jim Delaney and Joe Pa are doing drug deals with major sponsors every year. I mean --- OSU lost to Penn State last year. Then Penn State looked like a FCS team when compared to USC last year in the Rose Bowl? So you play Texas in a bowl game and only manage to put up 21 points against Big 12 Defense?

So I ask you Begals1181? What's changed? So far it's looking like nothing for the better.

I love the Big Ten, because generally speaking, they aren't powerhouses. Ohio State and PSU have been successful because they have a good sized recruiting base. But when compared to the SEC and a good portion of the Big 12? Sorry... Not seeing it.

[quote name='DougNasty.' date='06 September 2009 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1252251099' post='798916']
Sorry, I apologize, I misread. But wait, didn't this last game happen at the Horseshoe too? Gee, that looks like it's really helping things when OSU plays at home.

As for Pryor --- 14/21 --- okay not bad. But 3/12 on third downs? How about that fantastic pass directly to the defender? That was nice. The fact that Pryor spent a good portion of the time scrambling around outside the pocket even when there was no pressure? He's not a bad Quarterback, but how about some presence please? I'm not denying that the O-line left a whole lot to be desired. But damn, the way people hype him up, I was expecting a whole lot more.

As for Navy being something other than a scrub team? Everywhere i've looked as far as preseason rankings and predictions they've been ranked under 80.

Scout.com has them at #88 for this year. http://cfn.scout.com/2/883930.html

And you are absolutely right --- I must not know anything about college football. But I do know that Ohio State is definitely not the 6th team in college football. But then again, even Navy could figure that out.
[/quote]

lol no, last year's game was in the Colloseum.

And on Pryor's interception, the WR didn't make the catch.

As for Navy, they beat both Rutgers and Wake Forest last year and hung tough with Pitt for most of their game. Ask anyone who knows about college football, and they'll tell you that the recent Navy teams are no pushovers.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='06 September 2009 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1252259328' post='799000']
lol no, last year's game was in the Colloseum.

And on Pryor's interception, the WR didn't make the catch.

As for Navy, they beat both Rutgers and Wake Forest last year and hung tough with Pitt for most of their game. Ask anyone who knows about college football, and they'll tell you that the recent Navy teams are no pushovers.
[/quote]

rutgers and pitt werent good.

Uh and Navy lost to Pittsburgh by 21 Points last October - And they lost to Duke three weeks before that. I mean, yeah .. I understand they made a bowl game... but Ohio State is supposed to be one of the best in the nation... it was almost the biggest upset of the year.

Duke isn't a scrub team either. I mean 4 wins? No one can mess with that.

Iowa State and Baylor a great teams too right?
North Texas?
Western Kentucky?

The Big Ten sucks man. I love it to death, but it's nowhere near the top of college football.

As for Pryor --- ask anyone who watched that game who isn't an OSU fanboy... they will easily inform you that he looked sad. He can learn, and i'm not discounting potential. But he definitely does not have the skills to lead Ohio State anywhere near a national championship. Top 3 in the Big Ten for sure -- but then again, isn't that like being one of the best in the minor leagues?

Archived