Brian Kelly to OSU ?!!!?

Rumble In the Jungle

Just mindless chatter from Lance (Big shocker there, right?).

Kelly turned down jobs from UT and WSU last year, If I recall correctly.
Notre Dame is a sinking ship who will probably go after an alum (Urban Meyer, if he's dumb enough to leave) anyway, and I see Sweatervest at OSU for another decade or so.

• 2 months later...
[quote name='GoBengals' date='26 November 2009 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1259213984' post='833192']
lol

he will be at uc for a LONG time then...
[/quote]

All he has to do is stay in the spotlight and that takes a winning program. He can easily remain in the spotlight in the Nati whereas if he moves to any bigger losing program he has to rebuild that team. No easy task and it would take a few years to do and he would be out of the spotlight during that time. No, he won't move. He has a deep pool of recruits in the Ohio valley area, 2 excellent returning QB's (neither of which will sit out a year just to move to a new team, ...after all, ...they want to go to the NFL too and get paid!), and can be in the running for the BE title for the next several years. Staying here affords him the luxury of good press during that time.

Btw, ...Kelly's name came up in the hunt for Buffalo's new HC, ...he's getting enough of the spotlight right here.

[quote name='Jeb' date='28 November 2009 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1259383397' post='833473']
All he has to do is stay in the spotlight and that takes a winning program. He can easily remain in the spotlight in the Nati whereas if he moves to any bigger losing program he has to rebuild that team. No easy task and it would take a few years to do and he would be out of the spotlight during that time. No, he won't move. He has a deep pool of recruits in the Ohio valley area, 2 excellent returning QB's (neither of which will sit out a year just to move to a new team, ...after all, ...they want to go to the NFL too and get paid!), and can be in the running for the BE title for the next several years. Staying here affords him the luxury of good press during that time.

Btw, ...Kelly's name came up in the hunt for Buffalo's new HC, ...he's getting enough of the spotlight right here.
[/quote]

what reputable source brought up kelly in the buffalo hunt?

some local hack doesnt count..

and not many college coaches have done shit in the nfl, and with so many good nfl coaches on the market already.. he hasnt got a prayer.. for a long....LONG time..

he is a great college coach... the game is different.. some can be good at both levels.. but kelly is a college coach.. he MAY make OC in the nfl at some point, as he seems creative on offense, but that is about it..

[quote name='GoBengals' date='28 November 2009 - 12:48 AM' timestamp='1259383720' post='833475']
what reputable source brought up kelly in the buffalo hunt?

some local hack doesnt count..

and not many college coaches have done shit in the nfl, and with so many good nfl coaches on the market already.. he hasnt got a prayer.. for a long....LONG time..

he is a great college coach... the game is different.. some can be good at both levels.. but kelly is a college coach.. he MAY make OC in the nfl at some point, as he seems creative on offense, but that is about it..
[/quote]

Don Banks / SI ...

[quote]• Brian Kelly, University of Cincinnati -- Kelly's probably not an NFL head coach right now, but [b]he's on the league's radar screen.[/b] Notre Dame is likely coming after him once Charlie Weis is let go, and maybe a few years of success in South Bend (no mean feat these days) would launch him into the NFL.
[/quote]
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/11/19/coaches/1.html

I have to disagree with you. I think Kelly is a better fit as an NFL coach. OC would be my guess.

I disagree with Bank's analysis of kelly as an NFL coach. Kelly is the exact opposite of what he claims as being "not an NFL coach right now." Kelly is not a "rah rah" college coach. He treats his players as adults and if they don't cut it then he'll find someone who can. Next man up. Pike almost washed out of the program, ...and now look at him. Marty Gilyard did wash out. Kelly brought him back, .. and now look at him.

Kelly is the quintessential QB coach (offense heavy). He has a natural rapport with the QB's as a no-huddle oriented coach who can whip out tweaks to his game plan on the sideline.

Irregardless of any of this I bring up here, ...his name is still being brought up as a candidate, ...no matter how long shot. Oh, ...and that is happening right here in the Nati. It's just going to increase the more he wins in the Big East.

[quote name='Jeb' date='28 November 2009 - 01:31 AM' timestamp='1259386304' post='833477']
Don Banks / SI ...

[url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/11/19/coaches/1.html"]http://sportsillustr.../coaches/1.html[/url]

[b]I have to disagree with you.[/b] I think Kelly is a better fit as an NFL coach. [b]OC would be my guess.[/b]

I disagree with Bank's analysis of kelly as an NFL coach. Kelly is the exact opposite of what he claims as being "not an NFL coach right now." Kelly is not a "rah rah" college coach. He treats his players as adults and if they don't cut it then he'll find someone who can. Next man up. Pike almost washed out of the program, ...and now look at him. Marty Gilyard did wash out. Kelly brought him back, .. and now look at him.

Kelly is the quintessential QB coach (offense heavy). He has a natural rapport with the QB's as a no-huddle oriented coach who can whip out tweaks to his game plan on the sideline.

Irregardless of any of this I bring up here, ...his name is still being brought up as a candidate, ...no matter how long shot. Oh, ...and that is happening right here in the Nati. It's just going to increase the more he wins in the Big East.
[/quote]

the two bolded statements are funny.. since my quote says the exact same thing..

as for the quote from and i dont hold don banks saying "he is on the radar" directly after saying he isnt an NFL quality coach doesnt really help your argument much..

Archived