UC Football Thread

Jason

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='19 September 2009 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1253404654' post='804121']
that safety was bullshit too. that guy was [b]IN the endzone[/b] while downing the ball. oh well UC i bet goes up 14-8 right here.
[/quote]

i was wondering the same thing. are you allowed to do that in college ?

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='19 September 2009 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1253408460' post='804146']
lol "we".
[/quote]

should i go through and point this out every time you post we on bengals board because you have done it. you have nothing to say and are just mad cuz OSU fucking sucks once again so you try to take your shit out on other people.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='19 September 2009 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1253408924' post='804152']
should i go through and point this out every time you post we on bengals board because you have done it. you have nothing to say and are just mad cuz OSU fucking sucks once again so you try to take your shit out on other people.
[/quote]

what does OSU have to do with this discussion? Is that you're only crutch to fall back on?

It's not my fault you're a Miami grad from Hamilton, who's now a UC bandwagon fan with no ties to the school or the city (before recently). :lol:

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='19 September 2009 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1253409479' post='804161']
what does OSU have to do with this discussion? Is that you're only crutch to fall back on?

It's not my fault you're a Miami grad from Hamilton, who's now a UC bandwagon fan with no ties to the school or the city (before recently). :lol:
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Jeb' date='19 September 2009 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1253412864' post='804172']
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take this win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

all day, great win on the road for sure. their stadium was freaking packed.

[quote]Cincinnati notches impressive road win

September 19, 2009 10:16 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett

It's hard to overstate just how impressive Cincinnati has been to start this season. Add to the resume an eye-popping 28-18 win at Oregon State.

The Beavers had won 26 straight nonconference games at home, but the Bearcats came in and ended that streak with a cold-blooded efficiency. Tony Pike was magnificent, throwing for more than 300 yards yet again. You really had to watch the game to appreciate how well he played, because he was in such confident control of the offense as Oregon State continually tried to rattle him.

Cincinnati came in ranked No. 17 and should move up considerably after this win. [b]I don't think it would be crazy to suggest that the Bearcats deserve some top 10 consideration[/b]. It's the best win for the Big East yet this year (with West Virginia maybe having something to say about that later tonight).[/quote]
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='19 September 2009 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1253404654' post='804121']
that safety was bullshit too. that guy was IN the endzone while downing the ball. oh well UC i bet goes up 14-8 right here.
[/quote]

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='19 September 2009 - 07:59 PM' timestamp='1253404750' post='804122']
i was wondering the same thing. are you allowed to do that in college ?
[/quote]

In college, it's all about the ball. The guy can be in the end zone as long as the ball is not.

Nice win for UC!

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='19 September 2009 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1253409479' post='804161']

[/quote]

my first semester/quarter of school was supposed to be at UC, but i transferred to miami because i could play golf there. and i have never and will never live in hamilton. never once did i go to MU to be a fan of MU. i went there because i knew it would look good on a resume because for what i had gone to school for MU looked better than UC. i did get accepted at UC for a masters program but i backed out of that when i got my current job. i will root for miami when they arent playing UC because they are local, but i will always be UC > anyone else in football. i will be at the UC game in miami in 2 weeks rooting for UC. i had season tickets for UC football in 2002 and 2003 then switched over to bengals after that.

and how did i have no ties to the city? i have lived in Cincinnati my whole life and been a fan of any sport in the Cincinnati area except UC bball while huggins was the coach because i didnt like huggins.

good try though.

[quote name='Jason' date='19 September 2009 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1253413763' post='804177']
In college, it's all about the ball. The guy can be in the end zone as long as the ball is not.

Nice win for UC!
[/quote]

Thanks Jason. I wasnt sure about that and the announcers were horrible so i didnt expect them to notice even if that wasnt the case.

[quote]Bearcats Defense Traps Beavers

By Bearcat Insider
Staff
Posted Sep 20, 2009

Since the opening thrashing of Rutgers talk has been about Brian Kelly’s offensive schemes and fire power. On Saturday, Kelly and his staff allowed it’s defense to show the Bearcats are more than just an offensive circus.

Led by redshirt freshman Drew Frey’s twelve total tackles and the strong play from the front seven, the Bearcats defense held Oregon State to 344 yards and one touchdown in a 28-18 victory.

Anytime a team from the Midwest or East Coast makes a trip West there is a chance for things to happen. Last year the Bearcats made a long haul to Hawaii and saw how hard it can be to win a road game so far from home.

While there were times early in the game that made you wonder if a let up in a hostile environment was possible, Kelly’s team would answer and do so leaving Beaver fans scratching their heads.

Kelly spoke after the game about the trip.

“We came here to play a Pac-10 team that hadn’t lost 26 straight games. It’s not an easy place to play. It’s a tough trip to make and our kids fought through everything.”

Oregon State head coach Mike Riley knows the game could have taken a different direction early if his team could have converted field goals into touchdowns.

“It is very obvious to all of us now that two field goals instead of two touchdowns early make a major difference in the game. We’ll look back at a lot of stuff and not like it.”

Brian Kelly knows this game will be one that his staff can draw on as the season continues.

“As you proceed though the season, there’s going to be some rough spots and you’re going to have to fight through it. The defense was key obviously in making sure they didn’t convert those two touchdowns while we tried to get ourselves together offensively.”

While quarterback Tony Pike didn’t get off to the fast start he’s seen in the first two games of the season. He know this is a game the offense can draw from.

“It shows a lot of last year compared to this year. We went down early with the crazy, unbelievable crowd. You know, Oregon State is a great team; an obvious top 25 team. We were able to go through some tough times and come back out of them. I believe our defense won this game tonight. We put them in a lot of hard situations early in the game, and they answered.”

Not only did Drew Frey have a great game but so did Walt Stewart who took Curtis Young’s place on the defense after Young went down with a knee injury that will sideline him for 3-6 weeks.

Overall the Bearcats linebacker played a very good game as they recorded 35 total tackles (23 solo) on the night. Andre Revels, J.K. Schaffer, Demetrius Jones, Robby Armstrong and Stewart showed why Brian Kelly was so excited about making the change to the 3-4 defensive scheme.

But until someone slows him down Tony Pike will be the poster child of the Bearcats team. After three games Pike has himself listed next to some of the top signal callers in the country as his hit on over 70% of his passes with a QB efficiency rating of 165.03.

While Mardy Gilyard is Pike’s main target sophomore D.J. Woods continues to show why he was considered such a high recruiting target. On Saturday Woods pulled down 7 balls for 117 yards and a touchdown. For the season Woods has posted 14 receptions for 208 yards and one touchdown.

The Bearcats move to 3-0 and will return to Nippert Stadium for a battle against WAC member Fresno State with a noon kickoff set.[/quote]
http://cincinnati.scout.com/2/900867.html?refid=400

Archived