UC Football Thread

Jason

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='09 November 2009 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1257806496' post='825193']
So in other threads you were saying that you would rather win a bcs game then lose in the NC.

So now that cincy might be in a bcs game and outside shot at a NC, would you still say at this point you would rather play in a bcs non NC game then go against florida in the national championship and probably lose? If I was a UC fan I would definitely want a shot at florida in the NC, you never know what could happen.
[/quote]

floridas d is their strength. i think Kellys ability to call a game and UCs deep talent at WR and RB plus good QBs can put up some points on that D. UC would have a tough time stopping Tebow running but would stop the passing game pretty well. obviously Florida would be the favorite, but i dont think it would be some kind of blowout like a lot of people want to go on. UC would have to play a near perfect game in order to win. i think UC can beat any team in NCAAF this year.

florida hasnt exactly looked good in their games lately either.

If you could tell me that UC is going to the NC to play Florida and would lose or going to the Sugar Bowl vs Bama and win. I would rather go to the Sugar Bowl and beat Bama. It is better to end the year with a big bowl win than it is a loss. Plus it would assist Kelly in stealing more of the 3 and 4 star recruits from OSU, may even allow him to get a 5 star every couple of years to choose UC instead. Plus they get more respect and will have an easier time of getting back into the big bowl picture quicker rather than being disrespected like they currently are. If UC goes to the NC and loses they dont get respect for next year. If they go to the Sugar Bowl and win then people will discuss that maybe they should have been in the NC and then in the future UC gets more respect.

[quote name='gatorclaws' date='13 November 2009 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1258167570' post='826889']
I'm no talent scout, but I'd love to see Binns in stripes
[/quote]

he's what, a sophomore? I'd love to see it someday, along with the freshmen TE Robinson.

Nice TD by Pike, hopefully the D can step up.

[quote name='gatorclaws' date='13 November 2009 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1258167570' post='826889']
I'm no talent scout, but I'd love to see Binns in stripes
[/quote]

Binns has been very impressive, but I think there is still one caveat - Mardy Gilyard commands a constant double-team, and Binns obviously benefits. That said, he is still big, physical, and has good hands.

I am definitely rooting for UC to win out.
But damn, their Defense makes me nervous.

They have been giving up a lot of rushing yards lately.

I think they stomp Illinois. The Pitt game will be for all the marbles.

Hopefully Pitt loses tonight. I would like Charlie Weiss' seat to start
cooling off, because I get annoyed about the stories of Kelly coaching
Notre Dame (or any other school) late in the season.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='14 November 2009 - 09:50 AM' timestamp='1258206608' post='826944']
binns has ridiculous hands. he makes some crazy catches and still somehow gets his feet in. woods might be the most talented of the WRs though and he doesnt seem to really ever drop anything.

[b]that game was awesome [/b]and i was so glad i was able to score tickets before the sell out.
[/quote]

the winning is awesome, but IMO the two national games over the last week have hurt their image. Their defense is really killing their argument for being in the title game.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='14 November 2009 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1258211068' post='826958']
the winning is awesome, but IMO the two national games over the last week have hurt their image. Their defense is really killing their argument for being in the title game.
[/quote]

if life was fair and that was true then florida has proven they dont belong as they have squeaked by a few times and only beat arkansas via refs. same goes for bama. its a joke and it is the BCS excuse to keep a "lesser" team out and justify it.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='oldschooler' date='05 December 2009 - 01:35 PM' timestamp='1260038147' post='836897']
BIG PLAY by Gilyard!

The Bearcats could actually win this game if their Defense does something
other than act like a turnstile.
[/quote]

Oh, and they need to show Pike the bench.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='05 December 2009 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1260038446' post='836900']
Oh, and they need to show Pike the bench.
[/quote]
That's what I'm thinking. He can't hit anyone open.

I wouldn't mind Gilyard staying in Cincy. He has got some serious skills.

i can hardly stand watching these pozos on defense for uc!

On that flee flicker that saftey needs to be shot. And the qb bootleg for a TD. how do u not make that tackle. Just pathetic.

Also i think they should have gone for it on 4th down at the goaline. Your defense is terrible so you cant count on your defense to win you this game. Its a shoot out. play like its a shoot out.

Plus if you dont get it at least they will be backed up to the goaline.

Archived