Fuck USC

JBandJoeyV

USC and Pete Carroll are jokes...name one team in college football that is consistenly upset while in the top 5-10 by unranked teams. Every single year it feels like it happens, this year to a team that went 0-12 last year. This year it was Washington, last year Oregon st, the year before stanford. Really? Yet everyone thinks Carroll is a great coach.

Say what you want about OSU and Tressel but name the last time they lost a game to a team that wasnt ranked or hell that didnt go to a bcs bowl game. Yeah osu is having trouble winning the big games, but at least they dont lose games against teams they are way more talented then.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='19 September 2009 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1253401915' post='804101']
USC and Pete Carroll are jokes...name one team in college football that is consistenly upset while in the top 5-10 by unranked teams. Every single year it feels like it happens, this year to a team that went 0-12 last year. This year it was Washington, last year Oregon st, the year before stanford. Really? Yet everyone thinks Carroll is a great coach.

Say what you want about OSU and Tressel but name the last time they lost a game to a team that wasnt ranked or hell that didnt go to a bcs bowl game. Yeah osu is having trouble winning the big games, but at least they dont lose games against teams they are way more talented then.
[/quote]
OSU has come really, really close, though. Navy this year, Ohio last year, etc. C'mon! Did OSU magically replay the USC game and beat them?

[quote name='Bunghole' date='19 September 2009 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1253402023' post='804102']
OSU has come really, really close, though. Navy this year, Ohio last year, etc. C'mon! Did OSU magically replay the USC game and beat them?
[/quote]

OSU losses vs USC losses last 5 seasons

Ohio State
2005- Texas (national champs) Penn State (went to Rose Bowl)
2006- Florida (national champs)
2007-LSU (national champs) Illinois (went to Rose Bowl)
2008- USC (went to rose bowl) Penn State (went to Rose bowl) Texas (fiesta bowl)
2009-USC #3 team in country

Summary- 9 losses in last 5 years 3 to national champs, 5 to bcs bowl teams, 1 to top 3 team this year.

USC
2005-Texas (national champs)
2006- Oregon State (unranked played in sun bowl) UCLA (unranked played in emarld bowl)
2007-Stanford (unranked no bowl game) Oregon (played in sun bowl)
2008- Oregon State (unranked sun bowl)
2009- Washington (unranked)

Summary- 7 losses, 1 to a national championship, 6 to unranked teams (4 of which played in a non bcs bowl 1 that didnt play in a bowl and 1 that went 0-12 last year)

Let me repeat,USC has lost [b][size="6"] 6, yes 6[/b][/size] losses to unranked teams.

OSU hasnt lost a game to a single team that didnt end up in a bcs bowl.

I would rather be a talented team that losses to other teams with arguably more talent or close to as much talent then lose games to teams with way less talent.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='19 September 2009 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1253402225' post='804103']
say what you want, Pete Carrol isn't a bad coach. i think he's one of the best if not the best coach in College Football.
[/quote]

Hes a good coach. He might be one of the worst in football in staying up for every game and not losing to shitty teams. 6 loses to unranked teams in the last 4 years. Enough said.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='19 September 2009 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1253402023' post='804102']
[/quote]
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

PS Washington had lost 15 straight games....really USC?

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='19 September 2009 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1253404064' post='804118']
OSU losses vs USC losses last 5 seasons

Ohio State
2005- Texas (national champs) Penn State (went to Rose Bowl)
2006- Florida (national champs)
2007-LSU (national champs) Illinois (went to Rose Bowl)
2008- USC (went to rose bowl) Penn State (went to Rose bowl) Texas (fiesta bowl)
2009-USC #3 team in country

Summary- 9 losses in last 5 years 3 to national champs, 5 to bcs bowl teams, 1 to top 3 team this year.

USC
2005-Texas (national champs)
2006- Oregon State (unranked played in sun bowl) UCLA (unranked played in emarld bowl)
2007-Stanford (unranked no bowl game) Oregon (played in sun bowl)
2008- Oregon State (unranked sun bowl)
2009- Washington (unranked)

Summary- 7 losses, 1 to a national championship, 6 to unranked teams (4 of which played in a non bcs bowl 1 that didnt play in a bowl and 1 that went 0-12 last year)

Let me repeat,USC has lost [b][size="6"] 6, yes 6[/b][/size] losses to unranked teams.

OSU hasnt lost a game to a single team that didnt end up in a bcs bowl.

I would rather be a talented team that losses to other teams with arguably more talent or close to as much talent then lose games to teams with way less talent.
[/quote]

Who the fuck cares. USC has more bowl game victories than OSU in the lsat 5 years. Bowl games are the ONLY thing that matters.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='19 September 2009 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1253405278' post='804126']
then why didn't OSU beat USC last week ?
[/quote]

Because Tressel hasn't figured out that he has no business calling the Offensive plays, Terrel Pryor is overrated, and their O-line coach blows.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='19 September 2009 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1253405278' post='804126']
then why didn't OSU beat USC last week ?
[/quote]

Read my posts, im not saying OSU is better then USC. Im saying OSU only loses to teams that are better then them or pretty darned close. USC loses games every year to shitty teams. USC could have 3-4 more NC game appearances in the last 6 or so years but didnt because they lose to shitty teams.

You can blame tressel if you want for OSU's losses, but OSU has been worse then the teams theyve lost to with maybe the exceptions being Illinois in 07 and USC this year was close. All other games were to better teams.

When you lose to bad teams every year like USC does it says something about poor coaching in my opinion. Who do you blame for losing 6 unranked teams in the last 5 years, there are different players but the same coach.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='19 September 2009 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1253405240' post='804125']
Who the fuck cares. USC has more bowl game victories than OSU in the lsat 5 years. Bowl games are the ONLY thing that matters.
[/quote]

Bowl games mean a lot, but in these schools ever year they are trying to win a National championship.

And pete carroll and USC have had the talent to win a few more of those the last 5 years and instead havent won any cause they dont get to the game cause they lose to shitty teams.

OSU doesnt have the national championships because their talent falls a little short in the big games usually.

How is it that hard to understand what im saying?

Thurman and Rumble, let me make this easier for you...you guys are both UC fans right?

This year they are pretty good. Would you rather have them a) lose to...lets say VA tech. They are a team ranked about around where UC is a little better according to ranking. They are a team with equal maybe a little bit more talent then you guys. or B ) lose to Syracuse, an unranked team in your conference?

Most people would go with A. OSU does A, USC does B. That help you at all?

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='19 September 2009 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1253405828' post='804132']
Bowl games mean a lot, but in these schools ever year they are trying to win a National championship.

And pete carroll and USC have had the talent to win a few more of those the last 5 years and instead havent won any cause they dont get to the game cause they lose to shitty teams.

OSU doesnt have the national championships because their talent falls a little short in the big games usually.

[/quote]

you are actually trying to turn USCs loss into a positive for OSU even though USC achieves more than OSU every year. it is kind of pathetic.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='19 September 2009 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1253406674' post='804134']
you are actually trying to turn USCs loss into a positive for OSU even though USC achieves more than OSU every year. it is kind of pathetic.
[/quote]

Im not trying to turn it into a positive for osu. All im saying is that its funny and embarrasing for USC to lose these games every year. Your hatred for OSU blinds every post you make about them.

All im saying is i would rather lose to good teams with similar talent levels then to lose games every year to bad teams which usc does. Theres no denying it. Not trying to spin anything.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='19 September 2009 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1253401915' post='804101']

[/quote]

i suppose BEING in the top 5/10 every year is what makes him a good coach..

if they win therest of the games theyll finish top 10 easily.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='19 September 2009 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1253407597' post='804137']
i suppose BEING in the top 5/10 every year is what makes him a good coach..

if they win therest of the games theyll finish top 10 easily.
[/quote]

So is OSU which makes tressel a good coach, yet people rip on him all the time for not being able to win the big game and then praise pete carroll. Pete carrol can win a big game but cant coach the team well enough to not have a let down. What im saying is that the people that were sucking him off last week and criticizing tressel should reconsider their opinions.

Calling him a joke might have been a little overboard, but calling him the best coach in college football is a joke.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='19 September 2009 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1253405828' post='804132']

Thurman and Rumble, let me make this easier for you...[b][s]you guys are both UC fans right[/s] [/b][color="#FF0000"]Rumble, you are a UC fan, and Thurman you bandwagon a bunch of teams, including UC, right??[/color]

This year they are pretty good. Would you rather have them a) lose to...lets say VA tech. They are a team ranked about around where UC is a little better according to ranking. They are a team with equal maybe a little bit more talent then you guys. or B ) lose to Syracuse, an unranked team in your conference?

Most people would go with A. OSU does A, USC does B. That help you at all?
[/quote]

fixt it for you.

As often as USC loses games like this, it's hardly even news anymore. Does a team that loses to an unranked team deserve to make the top 10? This is one of the huge problems with college football. Losing this game should completely derail their season, but it won't.

OSU really has nothing to do with this. However, I really can't remember the last time they lost to an unranked team.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='19 September 2009 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1253407515' post='804136']
Im not trying to turn it into a positive for osu. All im saying is that its funny and embarrasing for USC to lose these games every year. Your hatred for OSU blinds every post you make about them.

All im saying is i would rather lose to good teams with similar talent levels then to lose games every year to bad teams which usc does. Theres no denying it. Not trying to spin anything.
[/quote]

i hate USC just as much as i hate OSU so no my hate isnt blinding me.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='19 September 2009 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1253407699' post='804139']
So is OSU which makes tressel a good coach, yet people rip on him all the time for not being able to win the big game and then praise pete carroll. Pete carrol can win a big game but cant coach the team well enough to not have a let down. What im saying is that the people that were sucking him off last week and criticizing tressel should reconsider their opinions.

Calling him a joke might have been a little overboard, but calling him the best coach in college football is a joke.
[/quote]

in the end id rather have a coach who wins the bowl games and bcs games than a coach who loses them but doesnt lose to unranked teams during the season. if you disagree with that then i guess you just dont care about winning?

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='19 September 2009 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1253408387' post='804144']
fixt it for you.
[/quote]

no i dont think so. ive been a UC fan since minters 2nd to last season at UC because he recruited some of my friends and he seemed like a good guy. i didnt care about college football before that. And UC wasnt good then so i didnt bandwagon.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='19 September 2009 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1253407699' post='804139']

[/quote]

only in the fictional ranking system week in and week out does it matter who you lose to, its reality USC beating osu in their house kinda of overshadows them losing to almost anyone ranked lower than OSU, cause they beat osu, so they are no matter what, better than them.

both teams ahve the same record, and one beat the other..

in your minds system of coaching, OSU/Tresseellll are better than USC/Carol... osu lost to #3 and USC lost to whomever..

problem is.. USC/Carol beat OSU in OSU's house.

OSU also almost lost to Navy.... not much difference in the twos resumes... and you act as if no one brings up USC's downfalls to low ranked teams.. its mentinoed every year and when it happens its talked about for a week.

what else would you like to happen? they ignore him winning bowl games because he lost to Washington 3 months prior?

your gripe doesnt add up.

you just seem scorned.. i dont know if you an OSU or USC fan, but either way the point is lost in some sort of delusional fog.

and the knock on sweater vest is that he wins in the big team and gets owned by other better conferences...

and USC has donkey punched the buckeyes a few years in a row..

any argument in support of OSU/USO coach OVER USC and their coach seems like a silly one. what leg is there to stand on comparing the two teams and coaches when one has beat the other twice straight at home and on the road..

its pretty clear cut.

USC > OSU

Carol > Sweater Vest

the proof is in the head to head results...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='19 September 2009 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1253408745' post='804150']
i hate USC just as much as i hate OSU so no my hate isnt blinding me.

in the end id rather have a coach who wins the bowl games and bcs games than a coach who loses them but doesnt lose to unranked teams during the season. if you disagree with that then i guess you just dont care about winning?
[/quote]

But if I was a USC fan I wouldnt care about winning Rose Bowls when I thought my team was talented enough (and most years is talented enough) to win a national championship or at least play for one. But they dont get there because they lose to bad teams.

Comes down to the argument would you rather play for a NC and lose, or play for a Rose bowl and win. I would go with the first but apparently you wouldnt...i guess thats your opinion.

Archived