Cincinnati cracks top 10 at #10

Jeb

[quote]Cincinnati cracks top 10, South Florida not ranked

September 27, 2009 12:54 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett

The Big East has its first Top 10 team of 2009 and first since midway through last year.

Cincinnati is No. 10 in the new Associated Press Top 25, benefiting no doubt from a few high-profile upsets yesterday. The Bearcats are also No. 11 in the USA Today poll. It's the highest ranking in school history for Cincinnati, which peaked at No. 12 last season.

With a month of college football in the books, Cincinnati is in a great striking positon if it can maintain its current level of play.

I was kind of surprised that 4-0 South Florida did not crack the rankings after a highly impressive 17-7 win at Florida State. The Bulls are 28th in the AP poll and 27th in the coaches' rankings. Their poor schedule before the FSU game probably plays a part in that. I haven't finished my ESPN.com power rankings yet, but I'm planning on including the Bulls in my Top 25.

With Pitt dropping out after the NC State loss, Cincinnati is the lone ranked team from the Big East right now.[/quote]
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/3130/cincinnati-cracks-top-10-south-florida-not-ranked

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Archived