Ya'll musta forgot

Pdub#1

Guest RudiRudiRudi
i wouldnt say that griffey is back, i think saying griffey has finally adapted to his age and injuries is a better way to go about, he doesnt have the power anymore and he is finally realizing that and starting to look more like a hitter for average then a hitter for power....

Guest bengalrick
one hell of a catch last night... i guarentee that anyone that is a reds fan, was holding their breath through that one...

griffey isn't necessarily a "power hitter" imo... he is a home run hitter, but it's not b/c of his power... it's b/c of his hitting skills, great timing, and quick wrists... now that he is hitting the ball solid, the home runs will come in droves imo...

as long as he keeps hitting the ball solidily, he will be just fine...

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Apr 27 2005, 02:02 PM']That was a HELL of a catch, btw...still holding my breath for an injury report...
[right][post="85117"][/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] ... on second thought... :mellow:

My question to him would be: If you're willing to go all out for a catch like that, why won't you leg out some of your baserunning?

He gives up on the obvious outs and has allowed, due to lackluster baserunning/fear of injury, some hits that he should have stretched into doubles to remain singles.

If you're going to play, play all out.

does anyone have a link to griffeys contract
me and a guy from work are into it over the details

plus i read he doesnt have to practice or just doesnt go, is this true and do you have proff that it is

i am a griffey fan and this guy is too. but i want to put him in his place

wtf..... griffey sucks.. he had a good GAME batting.. he is inferior to pena in every stat so far... this is ridiculous.. i dont remember the all star griffey of old being 9th in batting average, 7th (tied for dead last) in hr's, tied for 3rd in strike outs..i remember the old griffey being [b]GOOD AT BASEBALL! [/b]

AVG:
pena: .326
griffey: .247

HR's:
pena: 5
griffey: ZERO

RBI's:
pena: 11
griffey: 7

STRIKE OUTS:

pena: 13
griffey: 20

Very good post Go...as far as Griffey goes he is and will always be a Mariner...he came here to retire...dont try and grab a claim to fame on hitting his 500 with the Reds...he has done nothing for Cincinnati...Griffey came here to retire...why wouldnt you? Go back where it all started. There will be no back...

i am not at all a Reds fan but since i live in Ohio..its bout all i get in the local news..and Wily Mo is your new man...however corporate Reds will not have that...Griff does still pull in spectators...hell thats money in the pocket...but if you want to win he needs to be replaced...If the reds make a few baseball related changes i do in fact see a great thing in the Nati..but griffey is done im sorry

The problem with that is that Griff is still better than Wily Mo in the outfield, even with his stapled, mutilated hamstrings...Griffey just needs to find his stroke...he's close....but what am I saying? He'll be hurt and Wily Mo will play in his spot anyway, so it's a moot point...
Pena REALLY needs to work on reading the ball off the bat...he costs us important hits/runs by misfielding the ball...other than that, Wiley E Coyote is a stud at the plate....

You guys really need to quit busting Griffeys balls!

Lets not forget

He started his major league career at age 19, He sacrificed his body playing all out on the concrete in Seattle.

The guy has no trouble with the law or MLB, doesn't beat his wife, gives back to the community, is steroid free and you guys want to bash him because he's aged, lost a step and has had some injuries?

[quote name='Storm' date='Apr 30 2005, 11:42 PM']You guys really need to quit busting Griffeys balls!

Lets not forget

He started his major league career at age 19, He [b]sacrificed his body [/b]playing all out on the concrete in Seattle.

The guy has no trouble with the law or MLB, doesn't beat his wife, gives back to the community, is steroid free and you guys want to bash him because he's aged, lost a step and has had some injuries?
[right][post="86624"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
You're right, Storm...Griffey's been SACRIFICING himself for his god-given talent for YEARS, and for what? At what cost? I sure hope he's been adequately compensated for his ultimate sacrifices...what a great guy, though...

Griff had all the talent and never had to work for it...now he's got his work cut out...I hope he succeeds......

He has been a bust so far due to injury....

I hope it changes for the better...

Wily Mo is an awful outfielder....and bats lower in the order having more opportunities for RBI's. Pitchers also more aware of the number of HR's Griffey has hit in his career compared to Pena. The only people who will give Griffey the real credit he deserves are real fans of baseball, just like his teammates. Griffey takes so much crap for everything and anything he does. He has not played any different in Cincinnati than he did in Seattle, the only thing is his injuries. If we see Griffey with no injuries we will see the Griffey of old, and if he gets hurt ok let him be and put Pena in his spot. Any other player under so much scrutiny (Barry Bonds) would just quit... and i don't want to hear he has a knee injury. Griffey has gone 101 bats before in Seattle without a homerun. Nothing to worry about.

Looking forward to another 10+ HR May for Griffey

Also I dislike Dave Miley.

Getting my frustration out with the Reds.

[quote name='Pdub#1' date='May 1 2005, 04:35 PM']Wily Mo is an awful outfielder....and bats lower in the order having more opportunities for RBI's. Pitchers also more aware of the number of HR's Griffey has hit in his career compared to Pena. The only people who will give Griffey the real credit he deserves are real fans of baseball, just like his teammates. Griffey takes so much crap for everything and anything he does. He has not played any different in Cincinnati than he did in Seattle, the only thing is his injuries. If we see Griffey with no injuries we will see the Griffey of old, and if he gets hurt ok let him be and put Pena in his spot. Any other player under so much scrutiny (Barry Bonds) would just quit... and i don't want to hear he has a knee injury. Griffey has gone 101 bats before in Seattle without a homerun. Nothing to worry about.

Looking forward to another 10+ HR May for Griffey

Also I dislike Dave Miley. 

Getting my frustration out with the Reds.
[right][post="86755"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

scrutiny? a player paid a bagillion dollars, has hardly even played a half season in 5 years with the team, im not a real baseball fan because griffey isnt palying well and the stats show it? im supposed to be a homer and love him and think he is great when there is better talent sitting behind him? how is wily mo a terible outfieldeR? he may not be a golden glove, but griffey hasnt been in years either.

and how can you compare griffeys outlasing with that of barry bonds? griffey people bitch about because of injuries.. barry baonds chased and beat home run records obviously on steroids and is not getting caught on it and catching flack for cheating in baseball to break records..

how are those two even in the same league?

i love JR, but he hasnt done shit here, he had a real nice stretch last year.... its like saying ki-jana carter was awesome he just had too many injuries...

Archived