New "Rule" for 2010

Jason

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='30 September 2009 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1254352810' post='809703']
they always play good at the end of the year.
[/quote]

epic fail (you're awesome at those)

no they don't. Lance threw out a stat today. This would be only their 7th September with a winning record since the 1990 world series.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='30 September 2009 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1254358639' post='809740']
epic fail (you're awesome at those)

no they don't. Lance threw out a stat today. This would be only their 7th September with a winning record since the 1990 world series.
[/quote]

i didnt mean for the whole month. the reds always have a great final 2 weeks of the season and get everyones hopes up for the next year.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='30 September 2009 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1254352810' post='809703']
they always play good at the end of the year.
[/quote]

Not like this. They have one of the 2 or 3 best records in all of baseball since Rolen came off the DL.

Up there with the Red Sox and Yankees.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='30 September 2009 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1254362061' post='809761']
i didnt mean for the whole month. the reds always have a great final 2 weeks of the season and get everyones hopes up for the next year.
[/quote]
It just seems that way because of expanded rosters and the fact that most of the teams we are playing (ie, NL Central teams) at that time aren't in contention either.

I am not going to buy into the Opening Day fever next season. The Reds have a lot to improve upon, and the need to PROVE to fans that they are serious, from ownership on down.

I expect a "rah-rah we want to win and will at all costs" speech from Bob at some point next year. At least he seems to give a shit about the team unlike Uncle Carl. Anyway, the Reds are a mediocre team that might find some lightning in a bottle next season with the core players and some new additions and maybe Homer Bailey pitches an entire season like a professional. And we get Volquez back to form. Too many question marks.

[quote name='Jason' date='30 September 2009 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1254364705' post='809784']
Not like this. They have one of the 2 or 3 best records in all of baseball since Rolen came off the DL.

Up there with the Red Sox and Yankees.
[/quote]
While that MAY shed some hope on next season, I think for reasons I ascribed to above that it isn't as meaningful as people make it out to be. I wish it were so, but this isn't the first time, either.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='30 September 2009 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1254362061' post='809761']
[b]i didnt mean for the whole month.[/b] the reds always have a great final 2 weeks of the season and get everyones hopes up for the next year.
[/quote]

lol sure you did. "no no I meant they only always suck over the last two games!!!!" :lol:

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='01 October 2009 - 07:36 AM' timestamp='1254397006' post='809841']
lol sure you did. "no no I meant they only always suck over the last two games!!!!" :lol:
[/quote]

i dont know what your problem is but it is really annoying that you attempt to start something with me in every thread. ive never got into an argument with you because i typically agree with you. i dont know what is up with your fascination with me but drop it. people who i actually get into it with are more mature than you have been of late.

the reds always seem to do well the final 2 weeks of the season and every one gets their hopes up for the next season if you are trying to say that is bullshit then you are just trying to start something. if we could have a strong 4-6 weeks to end the year each year then we probably wouldnt have sucked for the past 10?

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='01 October 2009 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1254432974' post='810019']
i dont know what your problem is but it is really annoying that you attempt to start something with me in every thread. ive never got into an argument with you because i typically agree with you. i dont know what is up with your fascination with me but drop it. people who i actually get into it with are more mature than you have been of late.

the reds always seem to do well the final 2 weeks of the season and every one gets their hopes up for the next season if you are trying to say that is bullshit then you are just trying to start something. if we could have a strong 4-6 weeks to end the year each year then we probably wouldnt have sucked for the past 10?
[/quote]

you made a stupid comment that wasn't true and got called on it. Don't be a whiner about it.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='01 October 2009 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1254437275' post='810035']
you made a stupid comment that wasn't true and got called on it. Don't be a whiner about it.
[/quote]

1) i didnt

2) that doesnt explain what you have been doing

3) go look at past results and see what they have done. every year i get this sense of optimism because they end the year strong. definitely never a month though.

Archived