[quote name='Jamie_B' date='07 October 2009 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1254932609' post='812672']
If I'm playing GM, I extend Benson and Hall right now. Then I offer Henry a decent deal. I don't think they will redo a 33 year old Bobbie Williams deal after this season. Time to get younger at G in the draft, or find another backup guy that can step into the role like Bobbie did, I wouldn't be surprised to see us do that and still take a LT or LG depending on what falls to us. And as much as I like Joseph, the guy cant stay healthy, time to look for a replacement in the next year or two.
[/quote]

I agree with extending Benson and Hall, although it may be a littler early on the Hall extension. Then again it will depend on whether he signed a 5 or 6 year deal. I don't recall which he signed. We should also keep Leonard. Again, I am not sure of the contract he has. I am on the fence about Williams. It is probably unlikely the team will extend the contract of a 33year old OL. On the other hand, it is uncertain how much time Smith will see this year. Next year Smith will have the starting job. Do we want Smith to depend on a vet like Williams or a rookie? If there is sufficient cap and if they take reasonable pay, I would like to keep Roy and Tank. They add some much needed attitude and veteran presence to this D.

[quote name='Harley' date='07 October 2009 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1254937375' post='812692']
I'd start with a new Offensive Coordinator with the same intensity and drive as Zimmer.
[/quote]

Sounds like "Chucky". But as much as I like Gruden, I'm not sure he would come back as an OC, and I'm not sure I want to run a WCO with Carson.

Not sure who else is out there.

[quote name='Spinylumpsucker' date='07 October 2009 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1254938527' post='812696']
I agree with extending Benson and Hall, although it may be a littler early on the Hall extension. Then again it will depend on whether he signed a 5 or 6 year deal. I don't recall which he signed. We should also keep Leonard. Again, I am not sure of the contract he has. I am on the fence about Williams. It is probably unlikely the team will extend the contract of a 33year old OL. On the other hand, it is uncertain how much time Smith will see this year. Next year Smith will have the starting job. Do we want Smith to depend on a vet like Williams or a rookie? If there is sufficient cap and if they take reasonable pay, I would like to keep Roy and Tank. They add some much needed attitude and veteran presence to this D.
[/quote]

Hall signed a 5 year deal.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4204

I'd like to keep Roy and Tank as well [b]IF[/b] they can sign cap friendly numbers.

[quote name='Jason' date='07 October 2009 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1254939217' post='812697']
Sounds like "Chucky". But as much as I like Gruden, I'm not sure he would come back as an OC, and I'm not sure I want to run a WCO with Carson.

Not sure who else is out there.
[/quote]

Ew no WCO with Carson's arm, that is exactly the problem in DC, Campbell has an arm and they run a WCO.

The game is now and always will be won in the trenches. Win the war on the lines and you need solid plays in skill positions, not superstars. Therefore;

Oline - Oline - Oline and D front 7. More Dline and a Mlb. Also a 3rd corner.

Do NOT make the same mistake with Bobby Williams that you made with Levi and Willie.

I'd like to see an OC that runs the Pat's playbook. They are aggressive going both down field and intermediate routes. I think our talent matches up well with theirs. We have guys like Chad and Henry that can stretch the field like Moss and guys like Coles and Caldwell that can go intermediate like Welker. This scheme would also help mitigate our shitty OL. Allowing Carson to sit back in the shotgun will allow him to see the field and have an extra second or two to find players down field.

[quote name='Spinylumpsucker' date='08 October 2009 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1255023632' post='812869']
I'd like to see an OC that runs the Pat's playbook. They are aggressive going both down field and intermediate routes. I think our talent matches up well with theirs. We have guys like Chad and Henry that can stretch the field like Moss and guys like Coles and Caldwell that can go intermediate like Welker. This scheme would also help mitigate our shitty OL. Allowing Carson to sit back in the shotgun will allow him to see the field and have an extra second or two to find players down field.
[/quote]

lol they run that scheme BECAUSE they have the OL to protect Brady and run it.

[quote name='Spinylumpsucker' date='08 October 2009 - 11:40 AM' timestamp='1255023632' post='812869']
[/quote]
So now Brat's problem is that he doesnt go downfield enough?

[quote name='Oldcat' date='08 October 2009 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1255025073' post='812878']
So now Brat's problem is that he doesnt go downfield enough?
[/quote]

That and that he is still using the shovel pass.

We have a QB that throws one of, if not, the most accurate deep ball in the game. They have two fast WRs built to stretch the field in Chad and Henry, yet they have rarely used it lately.

[quote name='brian55662' date='08 October 2009 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1255038665' post='812905']
Teams are taking away the deep stuff by playing cover 2.[b] This is why our TE had a good week last week.[/b] Caldwell has to step up and make more plays in the middle of the field. If not him then let Henry do it.
[/quote]

And why this offense will take it to another level when Chase gets involved.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='08 October 2009 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1255041896' post='812919']
yea so if you think we have a shitty oline, how would u expect them to run it? :huh:
[/quote]

I must have misunderstood your post. You run the shotgun because your OL is struggling. Having that extra space between your line and your QB will give him an extra second or two to make a throw, rather than getting clobbered. You can protect him even more by keeping Benson and Leonard flanking CP on each side. Both are decent blockers, as well as receiving threats in their own right. Teams won't always be able to defend with a deep cover 2 because they will have to respect the underneath route from a guy like Coles or Caldwell and respect the RBs eithe running short routes out of the back field or on draws.

Archived