Dez Bryant ruled ineligible!

Jason

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4540282

[b][size="5"]Bryant violated NCAA bylaw[/size][/b]

Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible for violating an NCAA bylaw, the school announced Wednesday.

Bryant, an All-American who is ranked ninth overall on Mel Kiper Jr.'s most recent Big Board, was ruled ineligible by the school because he failed to fully disclose his interaction with a former NFL player to the NCAA.

Oklahoma State has already begun the process of applying to the NCAA for Bryant's reinstatement, the school said. He sat out Oklahoma State's last game against Grambling State.

"We are certainly disappointed, but we are moving forward as we would with any challenge during the season," coach Mike Gundy said, according to the university.

Dez Bryant is one of the country's top receivers, but might not play again this season.
In a prepared statement, the school released the following comment from Bryant: "I made a mistake by not being entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA. I sincerely regret my mistake and apologize to my teammates, coaches, OSU fans and the NCAA."

Bryant, a junior, has 17 receptions for 323 yards and four touchdowns this season. He caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns last season.

The ex-NFL player was not affiliated with Oklahoma State and the incident does not involve anyone associated with the university, the athletic program or the school's alumni, donors or boosters, the school said. The school did not provide additional details of the incident, citing an ongoing investigation into the matter.

According to the school, Bryant violated NCAA Bylaw 10.1, which addresses "unethical conduct" and includes "Knowingly furnishing the NCAA or the individual's institution false or misleading information concerning the individual's involvement in or knowledge of matters relevant to a possible violation of an NCAA regulation."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='07 October 2009 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1254964777' post='812777']
It's like Deion Sanders (who is the former player in question) is out to fuck up the careers of every top young WR coming out.
[/quote]

Stay away from Gilyard, Neon!

Archived