So....

Jamie_B

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='11 October 2009 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1255309534' post='814820']
Carson is definitely scrambling more than he has since 05, I think the knee (and his mental part of that injury) is finally 100%
[/quote]

You all got something happening this year so far. I have to admit I was rooting for you all today as I totally despise Baltimore more than any other team in the NFL

I think the division could come down between Bengals-Steelers

Ravens, I see a lot of their games and I just wasn't sure why everyone was so high on them. I think they go third. They got a murder schedule coming up. Saw a stat today at the bar I watched Steeler-Lion game. Giant/Raider game was on near it and they said the teams with the hardest remaining schedule based on current records are like:

Giants
Philly
Washington
Ravens

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' date='11 October 2009 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1255316159' post='814914']
You all got something happening this year so far. I have to admit I was rooting for you all today as I totally despise Baltimore more than any other team in the NFL

I think the division could come down between Bengals-Steelers

Ravens, I see a lot of their games and I just wasn't sure why everyone was so high on them. I think they go third. They got a murder schedule coming up. Saw a stat today at the bar I watched Steeler-Lion game. Giant/Raider game was on near it and they said the teams with the hardest remaining schedule based on current records are like:

Giants
Philly
Washington
Ravens
[/quote]

Yeah their schedule is about to become brutal, I dont think were gonna lose our hold on first and depending on your game with the vikings it may be a game for the division at hines field.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='11 October 2009 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1255293341' post='814502']
You steelers fans still think Carson isn't clutch?
[/quote]
I never said that he wasn't but I'm with Bam it was nice to see you beat Baltimore,especially in that fashion. They're playing good football in the Queen City for the first time in a while,and my hat's off to ya so far. To be facetious though,I'll use an old "Jamie B line" and point out the fact that Cedric Benson DID have 120 yards on the ground,which is a feat in itself against the Ravens,but it certainly made it easier for Carson,no?

[quote name='frankie martin' date='12 October 2009 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1255343664' post='815047']
I never said that he wasn't but I'm with Bam it was nice to see you beat Baltimore,especially in that fashion. They're playing good football in the Queen City for the first time in a while,and my hat's off to ya so far. To be facetious though,I'll use an old "Jamie B line" and point out the fact that Cedric Benson DID have 120 yards on the ground,which is a feat in itself against the Ravens,but it certainly made it easier for Carson,no?
[/quote]

Its nice to finally have a good D and running game for him to not have all the pressure on him yes.

I think Palmer is playing quite well this year in pressure situations...but let me play the devils advocate and use this board's (retarded) arguments of the last 5 years.

Cinci is 20th in passing offense, while they are 9th in rushing offense and 9th in defensive points allowed. Therefore, Carson is a game manager who is being carried by his team.

On the other hand, Pittsburgh is 4th in passing offense, while they are 21st in rushing offense and 14th in defensive points allowed. Therefore, Ben is carrying his team.

[quote name='oftt4' date='14 October 2009 - 09:49 AM' timestamp='1255528161' post='816123']
I think Palmer is playing quite well this year in pressure situations...but let me play the devils advocate and use this board's (retarded) arguments of the last 5 years.

Cinci is 20th in passing offense, while they are 9th in rushing offense and 9th in defensive points allowed. Therefore, Carson is a game manager who is being carried by his team.

On the other hand, Pittsburgh is 4th in passing offense, while they are 21st in rushing offense and 14th in defensive points allowed. Therefore, Ben is carrying his team.
[/quote]
I think the main thrust of that old argument that because Ben had almost always enjoyed the luxury of a strong defense and running game that he never [i]had to[/i], not that he couldn't. Until this season, Carson pretty much [i]had to[/i] shoulder the load by passing all over the place as we didn't have the same team strength as the Steelers.

[quote name='oftt4' date='14 October 2009 - 10:49 AM' timestamp='1255528161' post='816123']

[/quote]

Yeah I wish the stats were better, and I think given time they will eventually get there, but this was a thread about how clutch he is (weren't you one of the ones saying he wasnt?)

[quote name='Bunghole' date='14 October 2009 - 11:26 AM' timestamp='1255530375' post='816137']
I think the main thrust of that old argument that because Ben had almost always enjoyed the luxury of a strong defense and running game that he never [i]had to[/i], not that he couldn't. Until this season, Carson pretty much [i]had to[/i] shoulder the load by passing all over the place as we didn't have the same team strength as the Steelers.
[/quote]

This, and they also still have a top 10 D.

[quote name='oftt4' date='14 October 2009 - 02:41 PM' timestamp='1255542106' post='816233']
I'm just messing with you guys.

I never said that Palmer wasnt a good QB, I have always agreed that he is. I just said that I think certain others are better.
[/quote]

Right but wasnt "clutchness" and "ability to scramble" (which palmer is finally doing again) part of your argument in saying that? (and even though palmer is scrambling again, I will still give you ben is better on that then he is).

Palmer not coming through when it counts was part of it (seems to be coming around, but lets see what happens the rest of the season). His having better receiving targets was part of it (I think it's a wash now with Wallace showing promise and Miller getting more involved). But ability to scramble wasnt, I think it was more "ability to make something out of nothing".

For the record, Ben isnt really a "scrambler". He dodges sacks and moves around, but he rarely ever runs (except in designed plays). Part of his strength is that even when he is flushed from the pocket, he always keeps looking downfield.

[quote name='oftt4' date='15 October 2009 - 08:07 AM' timestamp='1255604850' post='816523']
Palmer not coming through when it counts was part of it (seems to be coming around, but lets see what happens the rest of the season). His having better receiving targets was part of it (I think it's a wash now with Wallace showing promise and Miller getting more involved). But ability to scramble wasnt, I think it was more "ability to make something out of nothing".

For the record, Ben isnt really a "scrambler". He dodges sacks and moves around, but he rarely ever runs (except in designed plays). Part of his strength is that even when he is flushed from the pocket, he always keeps looking downfield.
[/quote]

I agree its about the WRs, one team has two superbowl MVP WRs and one team doesnt. ;)

[quote name='oftt4' date='15 October 2009 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1255623393' post='816637']
Here we go again. You have no problem claiming how superior your recievers are until this topic comes up.
[/quote]

No, I just dont think you give your guys enough credit. ;)

Ben won a Superbowl in 2005 with Hines Ward (who is a great receiver, I never have denied that), Randle El (who is average on his best day and has 8 TD's since he left 4 years ago), Cedric Wilson (who is out of the league), and Quincy Morgan (also out of the league).

Which guy am I not giving enough credit to?

[quote name='oftt4' date='16 October 2009 - 08:32 AM' timestamp='1255692742' post='816883']
Ben won a Superbowl in 2005 with Hines Ward (who is a great receiver, I never have denied that), Randle El (who is average on his best day and has 8 TD's since he left 4 years ago), Cedric Wilson (who is out of the league), and Quincy Morgan (also out of the league).

Which guy am I not giving enough credit to?
[/quote]

You mean the one where he got a 22.6 qb rating? Well Ward won it for a reason. ;)

You are so predictable, but hey at least you avoided answering the question.

Yes, Ben's entire season (hell his entire career) was summed up in that one game. His 98.6 rating in the regular season that year meant nothing. His 101.7 rating in the playoffs that year, including that Superbowl, meant nothing. Because he played poorly in that game it means he sucks and proves that he had the best receivers ever. You win. Congratulations.

[quote name='oftt4' date='19 October 2009 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1255960554' post='818641']
You are so predictable, but hey at least you avoided answering the question.

Yes, Ben's entire season (hell his entire career) was summed up in that one game. His 98.6 rating in the regular season that year meant nothing. His 101.7 rating in the playoffs that year, including that Superbowl, meant nothing. Because he played poorly in that game it means he sucks and proves that he had the best receivers ever. You win. Congratulations.
[/quote]

No, what it means is that its not all him. ;)

[quote name='oftt4' date='19 October 2009 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1255973533' post='818735']
Yeah yeah. I said you won. Let it go.

Sorry to hear about Odom. That's gonna hurt, especially with the teams you have coming up. [b]Who is his backup?[/b]
[/quote]

were trying to figure that out :mellow:

:P J/K it's Michael Johnson i think

[quote name='oftt4' date='19 October 2009 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1255973533' post='818735']
Yeah yeah. I said you won. Let it go.

Sorry to hear about Odom. That's gonna hurt, especially with the teams you have coming up. Who is his backup?
[/quote]

Yeah the Odom loss hurts, I guess the its time for the rookie to step it up.

Archived