Who would get YOUR Heisman Vote?

Jason

Tebow hasn't really had a "Heisman" year, and neither has McCoy or Bradford (obviously). Try not to make it too much of a "homer" vote. If Pike had not gotten hurt he might still be in the running, and honestly no one on the OSU squad is remotely deserving this year. So, if you had a vote who would it go to?

I think I would vote "outside the box" and give it to (as I call him) "Donkey Kong" Suh. He is the single most dominant defensive player [b]I have seen so far this year[/b], and no one on the offensive side has been all that fantastic. And it's time it went to a defensive player or a lineman (or both).

It will probably go to Claussen or Ingram though.

Ingram. Pike getting hurt killed his chance unless he just DOMINATES the WVU and Pitt games. the 2 "big QBs" have not put up stellar numbers this year. if ND had beaten USC then it would be Claussen. Tate doesnt get a chance either because of ND losing.

I think we all know tebow will get it because the media treats him like he is the best player ever.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='28 October 2009 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1256776863' post='821456']
Ingram. Pike getting hurt killed his chance unless he just DOMINATES the WVU and Pitt games. the 2 "big QBs" have not put up stellar numbers this year. if ND had beaten USC then it would be Claussen. Tate doesnt get a chance either because of ND losing.

I think we all know tebow will get it because the media treats him like he is the best player ever.
[/quote]

Pike wasn't ever going to get serious consideration... not that his stats weren't worthy...

Tebow better not - he isn't even leading the SEC in TD passes this season... but, that will partially be "forgiven" as he can do no wrong.

Ingram is toting it for Alabama although he was held under 100 against us this past weekend.

I'll be a little homerish... Eric Berry... best safety in college football (yes, better than Taylor Mays) and could play any of the backfield positions at the next level (per Monte Kiffin who knows a little about defensive football...). Offenses have to gameplan around him - he's within like 45 yards of the career INT return yardage record held by Terrell Buckley and he's still only a junior...

Who do I think gets it...Ingram.

I don't think McCoy is putting up good enough stats to win the Heisman. His team is playing well though and if he has a late season surge I guess I could see it.

Just for reference:
[b]QB Casey Clausen, Notre Dame (Jr)[/b] - 150 for 230 (65% completion), 2050 yards, 16 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, 5-2 (#23 in nation)
[b]QB Colt McCoy, Texas (Sr)[/b] - 182 for 254 (71% completion), 1806 yards, 14 touchdowns, 8 interceptions, 7-0 (#3 in nation)
[b]QB Tim Tebow, Florida (Sr)[/b] - 84 for 132 (63% completion), 1159 yards, 8 touchdowns, 4 interceptions, 466 rush yards, 6 rush touchdowns, 7-0 (#1 in nation)
[b]RB Mark Ingram, Alabama (So)[/b] - 153 rushes, 1004 yards (6.5 yards per carry), 8 touchdowns, 19 receptions, 186 receiving yards, 3 receiving touchdowns, 8-0 (#2 in nation)
[b]RB Jahvid Best, California (Jr)[/b] - 114 rushes, 775 yards (6.7 yards per carry), 11 touchdowns, 14 receptions, 156 receiving yards, 3 receiving touchdowns, 5-2 (#24 in nation)
[b]DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska (Sr)[/b] - 44 tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, 7 passes defended, 8 quarterback hurries, 1 forced fumble, 2 blocked kicks, 4-3 (unranked)
[b]S Eric Berry, Tennessee (Jr)[/b] - 55 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 1 interception, 6 passes defended, 2 quarterback hurries, 3-4 (unranked)

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='29 October 2009 - 09:20 AM' timestamp='1256822453' post='821570']
[b]Pike wasn't ever going to get serious consideration... not that his stats weren't worthy...[/b]

Tebow better not - he isn't even leading the SEC in TD passes this season... but, that will partially be "forgiven" as he can do no wrong.

Ingram is toting it for Alabama although he was held under 100 against us this past weekend.

I'll be a little homerish... Eric Berry... best safety in college football (yes, better than Taylor Mays) and could play any of the backfield positions at the next level (per Monte Kiffin who knows a little about defensive football...). Offenses have to gameplan around him - he's within like 45 yards of the career INT return yardage record held by Terrell Buckley and he's still only a junior...

Who do I think gets it...Ingram.
[/quote]

he would have been invited to the show but he would not have had a chance to win.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='30 October 2009 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1256877435' post='821762']
he would have been invited to the show but he would not have had a chance to win.
[/quote]

Agreed. If he'd kept on his pace he'd have been in the final 5...

Archived