Big Ten Fixed? Sure as fuck looks like it

ThurmanMunster

BIG TEN IS FIXED AS HELL. Indiana is getting screwed left and right. Such bullshit. Crappy ass conference fixing it so they dont look terrible.

IU is raping Iowa and should be up 21 points in the 3rd quarter. Instead Iowa is getting BS calls and BS reviews overturned that are clearly TDs and correct calls on the field. Fuck that bullshit and fuck the underdog getting clearly fucked. Even the announcers who have been rooting hardcore for Iowa are talking about how bad the refs are and how screwed IU is getting.

I am so pissed off right now.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='31 October 2009 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1257013510' post='821990']
BIG TEN IS FIXED AS HELL. Indiana is getting screwed left and right. Such bullshit. Crappy ass conference fixing it so they dont look terrible.

IU is raping Iowa and should be up 21 points in the 3rd quarter. Instead Iowa is getting BS calls and BS reviews overturned that are clearly TDs and correct calls on the field. Fuck that bullshit and fuck the underdog getting clearly fucked. Even the announcers who have been rooting hardcore for Iowa are talking about how bad the refs are and how screwed IU is getting.

I am so pissed off right now.
[/quote]

I wasn't watching until the 4th qtr... but Iowa is destroying them right now.

[quote name='gatorclaws' date='31 October 2009 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1257015392' post='821995']
I wasn't watching until the 4th qtr... but Iowa is destroying them right now.
[/quote]

it should have been 38-7, then iowa hit those 2 60+ yarders. IU busted their ass the first 3 quarters and getting fucked so many times you could tell the players quit playing to their schemes and tried to do things on their own and it fucked them. if they are up 38-7 going into the 4th like they should have been this game wouldnt have opened up for Iowa like it did. Indiana got fucked in the ass by the refs. Iowa is now the 3rd team in the top 5 to win a game because of the refs and stay undefeated.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='31 October 2009 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1257019064' post='821999']
it should have been 38-7, then iowa hit those 2 60+ yarders. IU busted their ass the first 3 quarters and getting fucked so many times you could tell the players quit playing to their schemes and tried to do things on their own and it fucked them. if they are up 38-7 going into the 4th like they should have been this game wouldnt have opened up for Iowa like it did. Indiana got fucked in the ass by the refs. Iowa is now the 3rd team in the top 5 to win a game because of the refs and stay undefeated.
[/quote]

I agree... it was just disappointing to see Indiana cave like that when they were still in good position to win.

Watched most of the game, and the fix was definately in. The Big Ten officials are clearly instructed by the league to make sure the better team wins, because more wins at the top=better bowls and more revenue.

Being a UK fan, I can recall several blatant instances where teams like UT or Bama were given very favorable calls to insure that they stayed undefeated or had a good record.

[quote name='#22' date='01 November 2009 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1257097997' post='822093']
[b]Watched most of the game, and the fix was definately in. The Big Ten officials are clearly instructed by the league to make sure the better team wins, because more wins at the top=better bowls and more revenue.
[/b]
Being a UK fan, I can recall several blatant instances where teams like UT or Bama were given very favorable calls to insure that they stayed undefeated or had a good record.
[/quote]

another reason for a playoff :)

[quote name='#22' date='01 November 2009 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1257097997' post='822093']
Watched most of the game, and the fix was definately in. The Big Ten officials are clearly instructed by the league to make sure the better team wins, because more wins at the top=better bowls and more revenue.

[/quote]

I believe it. Oklahoma State got shafted out of a strip fumble and forward progress. No whistle. They ruled it a no fumble when the replay clearly showed a strip and forward progress. OS called a timeout for review and they refused to review it. The announcers were dumbfounded by the ruling and then no review. That deflated OS and the momentum went to Texas for the rest of the game.

So yeah, ...I tend to agree with you.

I watched all of that Iowa / Indiana game... I'm not a fan of the Big Ten by any means...

But, Indiana got screwed, ROYALLY... the first two reviews "there wasn't enough to overturn the call on the field" then when the call on the field favored IU, magically, the review there "was enough video evidence" to overturn that TD... which was clearly a TD, the field official was in perfect position about 3 yards away looking right at the front of the receiver to verify possession and feet down...

how in the world do you not overturn any of the others and then overturn that one??? Happened to IU when they played Michigan (before Michigan went into full meltdown)...

Having said that - it happens in all the conferences... SEC - the refing crew did a Florida game where they just royally screwed the call in favor of Florida (excessive celebration which was a bullshit call), then that same crew did an Alabama game where they flat blew the call in favor of Alabama... that crew was "suspended" for 1 week.

The conferences want their lead horses to stay at the top of the rankings as it equates to BCS / bigger bowl games which means larger payouts to the conference... there isn't anything anyone would tell me to make me think otherwise. It is so blatant it is incredible.

The latest excuse I've heard is that the replay booth doesn't always have the same angles that the tv broadcast has... well, why the hell not? You've got $60+ million athletic budgets and can't spring for CBS / ESPN / Big Ten network into the replay booth with a TV hooked to it? What can it hurt to have the additional camera angles to look at?

[quote name='oldschooler' date='04 November 2009 - 11:21 AM' timestamp='1257348110' post='822931']
The fact that the Buckeyes lost to a team that was 1-5 at the time
totally blows the "Big 10 is fixed" shit clean out of the water.
[/quote]

it's mainly just a bunch of UC fans upset Iowa didn't lose.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='04 November 2009 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1257386542' post='823079']
it's mainly just a bunch of UC fans upset Iowa didn't lose.
[/quote]

actually i have witnessed members of SI/CNN, ESPN, WVU, Michigan, and Fox all comment on IU was cost the game by the refs. The announcers of the game stated the same shit. Looks to me like all of those are not UC fans.

Oh and i am not concerned because if UC and Iowa run the table UC will hop Iowa and everyone i have seen that calls themselves a BCS expert has said the same thing. Though Iowa will lose to OSU anyways.

While I dont think that the big 10 is fixed...

I dont get the people that dont think that referees in all sports might every now and then officiate games for the better of the league they are officiating.

Its college different conferences might have their officials, off the record, give close calls to the better team so that it makes the conference look better. Not just in the big 10, but the sec, pac 10, big 12, every conference probably.

And in pro sports its all about money. If there is a playoff game between Cincinnati and the NYJ, I think that they are gonna give the close calls in the jets favor cause they are a bigger market. Im not shocked by it and I expect it to happen.

Now some games it might seem more blatant, but I dont think its that big of a surprise that referees in every sport do it.

Archived