Is the curse broken?

I was cleaning out some old boxes in my attic right after the Broncos game a few weeks back. In one box I found an old David Klinger jersey. My wife cut it up to use as furniture polish rags but I took the pieces and used them in my outdoor fireplace to get it going. Since then we are 5-1, beat the Stealers and swept the Ravens. I didn't even think about it until my wife was looking for the pieces today during the game.

I think I broke the curse. :)

BTW I have an old Pickens jersey for January. January is a great time to sit outside by a fire in GA.

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' date='08 November 2009 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1257717288' post='824593']
Bo Jackson?
Didn't the Bengals curse him with a career ending hip injury?
[/quote]

Yep. In the playoffs. It is a theory of mine that the football gods cursed us for ending the career of a great athlete.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='08 November 2009 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1257717372' post='824594']
man, give me that Carl Pickens jersey :(
[/quote]

lol If my wife hasn't gotten to it yet I will send it to you.

[quote name='John~Galt' date='08 November 2009 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1257717699' post='824600']
Yep. In the playoffs. It is a theory of mine that the football gods cursed us for ending the career of a great athlete.

lol If my wife hasn't gotten to it yet I will send it to you.
[/quote]

seriously, i would love to have it.

Goddammit, and here I was getting ready to [i]finally[/i] put away my Brian Bosworth voodoo dolls...thanks a lot!

Now I have to start therapy all over again!

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' date='08 November 2009 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1257720025' post='824631']
Wait...I'm confused. Pickens went to the Titans after the Bengals, not the Browns. What gives Rumble???
[/quote]
Rumble roots for the Titans because they have become [i]like[/i] the Browns...sucky.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' date='08 November 2009 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1257718571' post='824613']
It's gotta' be over. My brother has been over three times this year. Game 1 vs. Denver. The Texans game, and the Browns game - which he left before the end of regulation. Plus, we always play like shit when he comes over. Today was a clear victory. I think we're on our way!
[/quote]
tell your brother to stay home

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' date='09 November 2009 - 07:54 AM' timestamp='1257717288' post='824593']
Bo Jackson?
[/quote]

Now now, that's not really fair. The Bengals didn't do shit to Bo Jackson except tackle his fragile ass. If there was any bad intent on that play I'd say the Bengals caused it, but c'mon, he just landed funny. No more, no less.
MULLY

[quote name='Oldcat' date='08 November 2009 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1257720345' post='824639']
tell your brother to stay home
[/quote]
:D We did, but gave him an exemption today because it was his birthday yesterday. And the Tony curse was broken, so as far as I'm concerned, any bad play by our beloved team no longer has ANYTHING to do with me!

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' date='08 November 2009 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1257725750' post='824700']
:D We did, but gave him an exemption today because it was his birthday yesterday. And the Tony curse was broken, so as far as I'm concerned, any bad play by our beloved team no longer has ANYTHING to do with me!
[/quote]
Favre curse, Bo Jackson curse, Tony curse...Jesus Christ, we're getting a lot of monkeys off our backs!

[quote name='Bunghole' date='08 November 2009 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1257725928' post='824703']
Favre curse, Bo Jackson curse, Tony curse...Jesus Christ, we're getting a lot of monkeys off our backs!
[/quote]

Don't forget the Walsh Curse.

Guys, knock it off. We haven't proven anything yet. We're 6-2, but we have a game at Pittsburgh, and several teams who could give us significant trouble still ahead of us. Plus, we're only half-way through the season, there's a lot of football to be played before worrying about curses or whom we're gonna play in February. Don't be so eager, don't take your eyes off the enemy of the week - there's still a half season of opponents ahead of us who would like nothing better than to pee in our Cheerios.

PS - I've got a Warrick and a Dillon jersey (see .sig below). If I can find a sporting goods store, I would replace the Dillon nameplate with "Leon".

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' date='09 November 2009 - 10:08 AM' timestamp='1257779294' post='824940']
Guys, knock it off. We haven't proven anything yet. We're 6-2, but we have a game at Pittsburgh, and several teams who could give us significant trouble still ahead of us. Plus, we're only half-way through the season, there's a lot of football to be played before worrying about curses or whom we're gonna play in February. Don't be so eager, don't take your eyes off the enemy of the week - there's still a half season of opponents ahead of us who would like nothing better than to pee in our Cheerios.

PS - I've got a Warrick and a Dillon jersey (see .sig below). If I can find a sporting goods store, I would replace the Dillon nameplate with "Leon".
[/quote]
Oh, come on, we're just having some fun. Besides, curses are bullshit...right?

No problem with talk of curses - heck, my Woods/30 jersey had been "cursed" because I only wore it to must-win games (like when we needed to win to make the playoffs, or if we were IN the playoffs) or games against Pittsburgh (to reverse the "mojo" Whines Hard tried to lay on the team back in 2005 when he mocked the Ickster), but that curse got broken this year. Sports fans are, by their nature, superstitious. I know I am.

My caution was to those who were looking past Pittsbugh and toward the post-season. Sure, that's our goal, but if it turns out to be our destination can't we enjoy the ride first? More to the point, shouldn't we pay attention to the ride and the road before us before concerning ourselves with what may or may not happen much further down the road?

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' date='09 November 2009 - 10:21 AM' timestamp='1257780079' post='824950']
No problem with talk of curses - heck, my Woods/30 jersey had been "cursed" because I only wore it to must-win games (like when we needed to win to make the playoffs, or if we were IN the playoffs) or games against Pittsburgh (to reverse the "mojo" Whines Hard tried to lay on the team back in 2005 when he mocked the Ickster), but that curse got broken this year. Sports fans are, by their nature, superstitious. I know I am.

My caution was to those who were looking past Pittsbugh and toward the post-season. Sure, that's our goal, but if it turns out to be our destination can't we enjoy the ride first? More to the point, shouldn't we pay attention to the ride and the road before us before concerning ourselves with what may or may not happen much further down the road?
[/quote]
Without a doubt, and I'm certain that Marvin and company have the team focused on just that...the Steelers game.

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' date='08 November 2009 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1257717288' post='824593']
Bo Jackson?
[/quote]

Quickly...

anyone name the player that made the tackle that ended his career?

Linebacker Kevin Walker...

Archived