Number One: Give me a break

[quote name='da bizzare one' date='15 November 2009 - 05:28 PM' timestamp='1258320528' post='828108']
Take your false congratulations and shove em up your black and gold ass. Fuck you and Fuck that shitty ass city.

Have a nice day.
[/quote]

As false as you may want it to be, I tip my hat towards you guys. You were the better team. You certainly outplayed us, and you certainly out physicaled us (which should be the most telling tale of the game for you guys.) Very impressive from an overall standpoint.

As bad as Ben and the offense looked, lets not take away the performance from the Steelers defense as well. As PUTRID as the Steelers offense looked today, the Bengals certainly didn't look any better , if not better at all. Red zone efficiency for sure killed both teams. (Who were pretty damn good coming in on both sides) It was kind of like a voo-doo game to me (a WEIRD pick to start the 2nd half), very weird, kind of like the 11-10 win last year against San Diego. A lot of bad balls, a lot of batted balls and a lot of dropped balls were key for both teams. The Steelers out kicked you guys 4-3 in the redzone and the offense put up more points than the Bengals (all in the midst of how bad the offense did look.) It was for sure a defensive struggle, but when we let another special teams breakdown in a tight, field goal fest, defensive struggle, then the '85 Bears couldn't of beat Iowa. The Steelers have let 3 of the past 4 kick returns in for a TD. Something that's not going to work come playoff time. (7 overall this year!)

Again, hats off to the Bengals. You did what you had to do and should be a fight to the finish from here on out. (Steelers still only a game behind.)

Looking at both teams schedules, I don't see both teams losing anymore than two (even though I think the Steelers had a much tougher schedule from here on out and think they will split with Baltimore.)

A rematch could be on the horizon in the playoffs, and I think it might happen. Again, good victory and I respect a team that can out physical us. Hope to see you soon.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='15 November 2009 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1258320456' post='828105']
Thanks,

Im sure you will get another chance at us, and maybe next time you will not be so quick to talk.
[/quote]

Jamie, they already are (courtesy of the usual "fans" at DaveWorld):

[b][i]"Listen, I don't care if we win the division or not as long as we get in the playoffs. Once in Ziggy Hood can roll over Palmers knee then we can move on to the second round."
[/i][/b]

That is why patronizing post-game "congratulations" doled out by this past week's visigoths should be taken as it is: utter bullshit.

[quote name='Le Tigre' date='16 November 2009 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1258386379' post='828704']
Jamie, they already are (courtesy of the usual "fans" at DaveWorld):

[b][i]"Listen, I don't care if we win the division or not as long as we get in the playoffs. Once in Ziggy Hood can roll over Palmers knee then we can move on to the second round."
[/i][/b]

That is why patronizing post-game "congratulations" doled out by this past week's visigoths should be taken as it is: utter bullshit.
[/quote]

Wow, thats pretty pathetic.

Stay classy steelernation.

[quote name='SteelCityBEATDOWN' date='16 November 2009 - 08:25 AM' timestamp='1258377914' post='828620']
the offense put up more points than the Bengals
[/quote]
Appreciate the congrats, but that isn't accurate, is it? The Bengals had 4 FG for 12 points plus the kick return for 6, making 18. The Steelers had 4 FG for 12 points. Right?

[quote name='Bunghole' date='16 November 2009 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1258388069' post='828731']
Appreciate the congrats, but that isn't accurate, is it? The Bengals had 4 FG for 12 points plus the kick return for 6, making 18. The Steelers had 4 FG for 12 points. Right?
[/quote]

Correct, that was a mistake by my part, read it wrong and got mixed up from the 5,000 field goals that was kicked, I forgot the Bengals kicked one on their final drive, making them 4-5, both offense's putting up an equal of 12 points, Bengals got a 3 off of a turnover. What a nutty game. True AFC North showing.

[quote name='SteelCityBEATDOWN' date='16 November 2009 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1258389431' post='828751']
Correct, that was a mistake by my part, read it wrong and got mixed up from the 5,000 field goals that was kicked, I forgot the Bengals kicked one on their final drive, making them 4-5, both offense's putting up an equal of 12 points, Bengals got a 3 off of a turnover. What a nutty game. True AFC North showing.
[/quote]
Yeah, it was like it should have been raining or snowing or something. I thought we might see a Qb shootout in this one, but it turned into a defensive grind-fest.

[quote name='SteelCityBEATDOWN' date='16 November 2009 - 09:25 AM' timestamp='1258377914' post='828620']
As false as you may want it to be, I tip my hat towards you guys. You were the better team. You certainly outplayed us, and you certainly out physicaled us (which should be the most telling tale of the game for you guys.) Very impressive from an overall standpoint.

As bad as Ben and the offense looked, lets not take away the performance from the Steelers defense as well. As PUTRID as the Steelers offense looked today, the Bengals certainly didn't look any better , if not better at all. Red zone efficiency for sure killed both teams. (Who were pretty damn good coming in on both sides) It was kind of like a voo-doo game to me (a WEIRD pick to start the 2nd half), very weird, kind of like the 11-10 win last year against San Diego. A lot of bad balls, a lot of batted balls and a lot of dropped balls were key for both teams. The Steelers out kicked you guys 4-3 in the redzone and the offense put up more points than the Bengals (all in the midst of how bad the offense did look.) It was for sure a defensive struggle, but when we let another special teams breakdown in a tight, field goal fest, defensive struggle, then the '85 Bears couldn't of beat Iowa. The Steelers have let 3 of the past 4 kick returns in for a TD. Something that's not going to work come playoff time. (7 overall this year!)

Again, hats off to the Bengals. You did what you had to do and should be a fight to the finish from here on out. (Steelers still only a game behind.)

Looking at both teams schedules, I don't see both teams losing anymore than two (even though I think the Steelers had a much tougher schedule from here on out and think they will split with Baltimore.)

A rematch could be on the horizon in the playoffs, and I think it might happen. Again, good victory and I respect a team that can out physical us. Hope to see you soon.
[/quote]

Congratulations. You finally figured out something that we already knew. We've watched this team. You saw the rough start the Bengals got off to in the first game and scores of the others. You're not alone though. All we've heard from the "experts" is how great the stealers are and that basically, they shouldn't even bother playing the game. I heard a preview on Sunday morning from some deuche on ESPN radio. He talked for 10 minutes about the stealers and didn't mention the Bengals except for that that was the team that the stealers were going to beat. It was a great game. Both of us knew that the stealers were going to be tough, but only one of us knew that the Bengals wouldn't lie down. It was funny when the announcers were talking about how the stealers players were mocking the Bengals for how much they celebrated. The stealers are always doing that because they're insecure deuchebags after having those SBs given to them. They're always saying that teams that they beat gave up on the game, real professional. Things won't change. People are shocked and talking up the Bengals, but if they plsy again, you and the "experts" will probably be singing the same tune as before this game.

It's still not over. I'm enjoying the sweep, but I'm not celebrating the season like stealer fans have been, thinking that they had it wrapped up. You're sort of right that the stealers are only a game back, but it's actually more like two with the tie breaker. There's a lot of season left and I think the Bengals have a tougher schedule from here on out, depending on how tough the Ravens are when they finally play you guys. And you also have GB and Miami, who knows which teams will show up. We've got two tough road games in Minn and SD. It will be interesting.

Oh, I forgot one thing. Were you at the game? On TV, when the Bengals were taking a knee, the TV scoreboard showed that the stealers still had a TO. Which would've stopped the clock with 25-30 seconds left over. Unless, I'm confused. I thought it showed that they had a TO. Did anybody else notice that? Unless the TV guys were trying to give them an extra TO like when the refs were trying to give them an extra 2 yards on that 3rd down in the first half.

[quote name='Hooky' date='16 November 2009 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1258390534' post='828764']
Oh, I forgot one thing. Were you at the game? On TV, when the Bengals were taking a knee, the TV scoreboard showed that the stealers still had a TO. Which would've stopped the clock with 25-30 seconds left over. Unless, I'm confused. I thought it showed that they had a TO. Did anybody else notice that? Unless the TV guys were trying to give them an extra TO like when the refs were trying to give them an extra 2 yards on that 3rd down in the first half.
[/quote]
They still had a timeout. Tomlin chose not to use it because he knew it wouldn't matter.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='16 November 2009 - 12:59 PM' timestamp='1258390797' post='828766']
They still had a timeout. Tomlin chose not to use it because he knew it wouldn't matter.
[/quote]

They could've got the ball back though, right. Wasn't it 4th down when the clock ran down?

[quote name='Hooky' date='16 November 2009 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1258390052' post='828758']
Congratulations. You finally figured out something that we already knew. We've watched this team. You saw the rough start the Bengals got off to in the first game and scores of the others. You're not alone though. All we've heard from the "experts" is how great the stealers are and that basically, they shouldn't even bother playing the game. I heard a preview on Sunday morning from some deuche on ESPN radio. He talked for 10 minutes about the stealers and didn't mention the Bengals except for that that was the team that the stealers were going to beat. It was a great game. Both of us knew that the stealers were going to be tough, but only one of us knew that the Bengals wouldn't lie down. It was funny when the announcers were talking about how the stealers players were mocking the Bengals for how much they celebrated. The stealers are always doing that because they're insecure deuchebags after having those SBs given to them. They're always saying that teams that they beat gave up on the game, real professional. Things won't change. People are shocked and talking up the Bengals, but if they plsy again, you and the "experts" will probably be singing the same tune as before this game.

It's still not over. I'm enjoying the sweep, but I'm not celebrating the season like stealer fans have been, thinking that they had it wrapped up. You're sort of right that the stealers are only a game back, but it's actually more like two with the tie breaker. There's a lot of season left and I think the Bengals have a tougher schedule from here on out, depending on how tough the Ravens are when they finally play you guys. And you also have GB and Miami, who knows which teams will show up. We've got two tough road games in Minn and SD. It will be interesting.[/quote]

You're first part of your post doesn't need to be addressed since there isn't really no point in engaging. Point was, I was in the majority that thought the Steelers would win this one quite easily giving the circumstance and the history of these games. The Bengals needed to prove more than the Steelers so to speak, so you can't fault people going against them. The Bengals will not be overlooked anymore now, however. The Steelers more times than one get it done, and it's usually the Steelers winning these type's of games, not the Bengals. I'll say it for the rest of the season I respect how your team won and you deserve it.

[quote]It's still not over. I'm enjoying the sweep, but I'm not celebrating the season like stealer fans have been, thinking that they had it wrapped up. You're sort of right that the stealers are only a game back, but it's actually more like two with the tie breaker. There's a lot of season left and I think the Bengals have a tougher schedule from here on out, depending on how tough the Ravens are when they finally play you guys. And you also have GB and Miami, who knows which teams will show up. We've got two tough road games in Minn and SD. It will be interesting.[/quote]

This I pretty much agree with. The only thing I disagree is that I think the Steelers have a far more tougher schedule than Cincy at this point, still having to play Balty twice (probably a split judging the way both teams play regardless) Green Bay and @ Miami (like you said, who knows what teams will show up, making them dangerous, I think Miami is one of the underrated teams on the season at this point. Also, going to Arrowhead is always a tough play to play, so don't think for one second I'm over looking KC!) If somehow the division comes to head to head, obviously the Steelers wouldn't even have a SLIGHT prayer and would lose the tie breaker in a beatdown fashion. That said, there's still tons of football left to be played and the Bengals have two consecutive road games coming up @ Minn and @ SD. It'll be fun to see how everything plays out, but judging if the Bengals have a complete meltdown, I expect the Steelers to land #5 and possibly either a rematch @ Cincy in the playoffs in the WC round or Divisional. Still, who knows what could happen. Stranger things have happened in the NFL to benefit a situation of that the Steelers are in. It's all up to Cincy at this point.

[quote name='Hooky' date='16 November 2009 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1258391172' post='828774']
They could've got the ball back though, right. Wasn't it 4th down when the clock ran down?
[/quote]

Dude, we opted to give the Bengals our respect and take the defeat as it lyed. . To take a timeout there and judging by the way the day has went all day, ESP that last drive with just under a minute left.. NO WAY the Steelers drive the field with under 30 or so ticks, with no timeouts, and score a touchdown. No way, no how, PERIOD. The Bengals had the game wrapped up and we weren't going to risk injury for a couple plays for last ditch effort to got he length of the field. Simply wasn't going to happen. We accepted defeat yesterday.

[quote name='Hooky' date='16 November 2009 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1258391172' post='828774']
[/quote]
Then if they called a timeout on fourth down, we would have run the ball anyway. I can't recall where we were on the field when the game ended, but I want to say we were in their territory, like the 30-something. They did the right thing. We would have done the same if the roles were reversed.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='16 November 2009 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1258410595' post='828998']
Then if they called a timeout on fourth down, we would have run the ball anyway. I can't recall where we were on the field when the game ended, but I want to say we were in their territory, like the 30-something. They did the right thing. We would have done the same if the roles were reversed.
[/quote]

I get it. I'm just surprised that they took it into the locker room with them. If you get one or two more plays by stopping the clock, who knows. But steel's right that an injury could happen also. I'm not complaining.

[quote name='Hooky' date='17 November 2009 - 09:21 AM' timestamp='1258464119' post='829277']
I get it. I'm just surprised that they took it into the locker room with them. If you get one or two more plays by stopping the clock, who knows. But steel's right that an injury could happen also. I'm not complaining.
[/quote]

Exactly. You saw what those housewives in Cleveland tried to do last night on that final play. Their only respected and pro bowl (Cribbs) player on that team got his block knocked off (dirty tactic by the Rat Birds) and he now has a concussion and had to cart him off the field. You just can't risk injury when the game's over, first and foremost.

Archived