prayers please give it all youve got!!!

Some may know from another thread my mother is in the hospital, she's 57. Had double pnmonia(sp?) Got somewhat better. And in the last 24 hours took a turn for the worse.

They recommended I didn't come visit the past two weeks to avoid myself getting sick or taking germs home to my two boys, but now things are really bad. Blood oxygen level is down to mid eighties again, she strapped to a device that has her completely inclosed like probong her moving her muscles and things. And rotates her occasionally. I can't really even see her. Since she is strapped in this thing.

Things are very bad. Nurses are giving me the "we are doing everything we can" talks.

I was not prepared for this.

I need any prayers I can get. She doesn't deserve this. She watched my boys, they loved every minute with her. She taught them more than my wife and I had a chance to working retail hours, etc.
Its not fair. I've been a pretty terrible person most of my life, she's probably the nicest most moral person I know.

Why would God take away someone that makes the world better?

My whole family needs her. She keeps us all together. She made us all better people.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='11 November 2009 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1257966262' post='826014']
Some may know from another thread my mother is in the hospital, she's 57. Had double pnmonia(sp?) Got somewhat better. And in the last 24 hours took a turn for the worse.

They recommended I didn't come visit the past two weeks to avoid myself getting sick or taking germs home to my two boys, but now things are really bad. Blood oxygen level is down to mid eighties again, she strapped to a device that has her completely inclosed like probong her moving her muscles and things. And rotates her occasionally. I can't really even see her. Since she is strapped in this thing.

Things are very bad. Nurses are giving me the "we are doing everything we can" talks.

I was not prepared for this.

I need any prayers I can get. She doesn't deserve this. She watched my boys, they loved every minute with her. She taught them more than my wife and I had a chance to working retail hours, etc.
Its not fair. I've been a pretty terrible person most of my life, she's probably the nicest most moral person I know.

Why would God take away someone that makes the world better?

My whole family needs her. She keeps us all together. She made us all better people.
[/quote]

Wow. I hope things get better. In the mean time we will keep you in our prayers.

We will all say prayers for you! I hope your family's situation gets better. Please keep us up to date on the situation.

On a side note. We were lucky last year. My mother in law had the same thing happen. She got double pnemonia and has leginairs(sp?) disease (something to do with the lungs I think). She gets pnemonia about every other year but last year was bad. She was in ICu and on a breathing machine. My wife got the same "we've done everything we can for her, its up to her to get better" After a couple weeks she got better and luckily pulled through it ok. So there is hope.

She sounds like a wonderful person. I hope everything gets better for your family.

Prayers sent.

I'm not an overly religious person, but my thoughts are certainly with ya.

My dad passes away just last year.. and that feeling of helplessness.. and seeing someone you love in the condition they're in... its just horrible.. nightmarish.. that's all I can put it as.

I do wish you and your family the best. Miracles [i]do[/i] happen.

Oh, shit man. I don't think I even replied to the other thread because by the time I'd read through it, it seemed all was well.

One thing I can and will do: my two sons say the "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep" prayer every night, and I've had them include people in those prayers that they don't know, including Yussif, the little Iraqi boy that got horribly burned by insurgents setting him afire, Mark Teters (also known as IndianaBengal), a grandfather of a former employee of mine, etc.

I am [i]very[/i] sorry to hear this bad news and I hope and pray that she holds on for you and yours.

Good luck and Godspeed Ryan. Those boys will be praying for her tonight. One thing, if you don't mind...could you give me her first name to use in the prayer? You of course can PM it to me if you wish.

Man, well that sucks. I've been pretty close to this with my Dad a couple times before and I wouldn't wish this kind of illness on anyone. Shit.

Archived