prayers please give it all youve got!!!

Hey man, I'll definitely keep her in my prayers. Keep faith, my grandmother was in a similar situation a couple years ago, where they didn't give her much of a chance, and she came through it, and has been doing really well since. I know what you're going through right now, and it's a ridiculously difficult situation to be in, but healing is possible through prayer. All the best!

Ryan, there really isn't much I could say to make you feel better, man. I'll honestly keep her in my thoughts though. Times like this really suck, and there isn't a better way to say it. God forbid the worst case happens but if it does you have to buckle down and get through it as best as you can, man. I know it's tough, I've been there. It doesn't matter how old they are it never seems like there was enough time. God bless her, man. I hope she makes a turn for the better real soon.
MULLY

[i]"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."[/i]

She isn't forgotten...and neither are you, good man.

May God give her healing, and you and yours peace in this difficult time.

God bless you Ryan.

thank you all. my sister got in around 7 last night, i spent about 8-9 hours at the hospital last night, around 9:15 or so they had to change out all of her gear, cahnge her and clean her up and things, it was going to be about 90 minutes or so, so we all decided to let her "rest"(for lack of a better term) and come back in the morning, told my sister to call me when they headed down, she sent me a text instead i had my phone set on "phone only" so nothing but a ring would come through, so i woke up around 9:15 and saw it and called her.. she was there, the nurses said her oxugen was up around 90, which is a bit better, since around midnight, the crazy bed she is in has her rotating, flipping upside down, tilting to the side, scariest thing i ahve ever seen. it looked like she was in a crash and in a full body brace.. i fucking lost it when i saw it.. not fair at all.. no way she deserves to have her health turn like this. the nurse noticing my emotion sent the chaplin my way, which was not something i was interested in at that time. my sister contacted my uncle, whom contacted my grandparents who contacted more family than i remembered having, and before i know it my dad was back, then an hour later every relative i know was there. (not really something my mom wanted)

my grandparents minister was there, they did a circle prayer around her, i didnt participate, i was furious and upset at the same time, the thoughts and anger i had didnt belong in a prayer, so i essnetially weeped in the chair by the window..and finally the nurse made the crowd clear out, and just my dad and i came back in..

i tried to prepare my sister for what she was going to see, being across the country and only seeing my mom occasionally and barely being able to even chat on the phone because of her buy work schedule, she was already prety upset, she broke down about the same as i did. she did a much better job of talking to my mom though, i cant much bring myself to say much, well anything, even in an empty room just me and her, i cant bring myself to talk to her like that, everyone else is just as upset and i feel the last thing they need to worry about is me. I feel i need to be as strong and composed as possible for everyone else.

anyway, her blood oxygen has stayed around 89/90ish, they reduced the oxygen being bumped from 90% to 85% and it stayed in the high 80's/90ish.. so thats a small good sign, her lungs are obsorbing more oxygen and doing it with less help from the pumps..

she was in the low 90's with jst the little nose tubes and a small facemask (like used in sports) before things went bad.. so we need to get to that point again... and get better from there!..

im about to shower and head down there again,

thank you for the prayers, she isnt in good shape still, things are still bad, just on the slightly better side of "terrible"

i probably wont update until late tonight or tomorrow again..

keep the prayers coming if you can,

her name is [b]Sandy/Sandra McKibben[/b]

Thank you all.

-Ryan

[quote name='GoBengals' date='12 November 2009 - 10:56 AM' timestamp='1258037781' post='826290']
thank you all. my sister got in around 7 last night, i spent about 8-9 hours at the hospital last night, around 9:15 or so they had to change out all of her gear, cahnge her and clean her up and things, it was going to be about 90 minutes or so, so we all decided to let her "rest"(for lack of a better term) and come back in the morning, told my sister to call me when they headed down, she sent me a text instead i had my phone set on "phone only" so nothing but a ring would come through, so i woke up around 9:15 and saw it and called her.. she was there, the nurses said her oxugen was up around 90, which is a bit better, since around midnight, the crazy bed she is in has her rotating, flipping upside down, tilting to the side, scariest thing i ahve ever seen. it looked like she was in a crash and in a full body brace.. i fucking lost it when i saw it.. not fair at all.. no way she deserves to have her health turn like this. the nurse noticing my emotion sent the chaplin my way, which was not something i was interested in at that time. my sister contacted my uncle, whom contacted my grandparents who contacted more family than i remembered having, and before i know it my dad was back, then an hour later every relative i know was there. (not really something my mom wanted)

my grandparents minister was there, they did a circle prayer around her, i didnt participate, i was furious and upset at the same time, the thoughts and anger i had didnt belong in a prayer, so i essnetially weeped in the chair by the window..and finally the nurse made the crowd clear out, and just my dad and i came back in..

i tried to prepare my sister for what she was going to see, being across the country and only seeing my mom occasionally and barely being able to even chat on the phone because of her buy work schedule, she was already prety upset, she broke down about the same as i did. she did a much better job of talking to my mom though, i cant much bring myself to say much, well anything, even in an empty room just me and her, i cant bring myself to talk to her like that, everyone else is just as upset and i feel the last thing they need to worry about is me. I feel i need to be as strong and composed as possible for everyone else.

anyway, her blood oxygen has stayed around 89/90ish, they reduced the oxygen being bumped from 90% to 85% and it stayed in the high 80's/90ish.. so thats a small good sign, her lungs are obsorbing more oxygen and doing it with less help from the pumps..

she was in the low 90's with jst the little nose tubes and a small facemask (like used in sports) before things went bad.. so we need to get to that point again... and get better from there!..

thank you for the prayers, she isnt in good shape still, things are still bad, just on the slightly better side of "terrible"

Thank you all.

[b]-Ryan
[/quote]I will have a few masses said for your Mom immediately Ryan. I will keep praying for her also. I know it's hard to accept at the moment but God is with you now and always will be. I pray that your Mom recovers quickly. God bless you and your family..[/b]

[quote name='GoBengals' date='12 November 2009 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1258037781' post='826290']

Thank you all.

-Ryan
[/quote]
Thanks for the update,Go . I'm sure that you know this but she's being turned frequently to prevent her lungs from clogging and causing her heart to strain against fluid buildup . You're right about the oxygen .She's showing a little imptovement . 96-98 will mean that she's truly coming out of her pnemonia.Good luck and thanks for her name.

SMALL update... the scarring in the lungs isnt new scarring, which is REALLY good, there is preliminary results of the biopsy of fibrosis, and it seems the scarring is old, so its a matter og getting the liquid from her lungs and them working on their own.

the liquid i guess isnt water-like more gel-like so suctioning it is kind of futile.

so still waiting on more results, biopsy was sent to cleveland clinic (pretty sure the biopsy will have a staff infection before it leaves) but i really hope they find something new that they can treat.

before long the lungs are going to be in danger and start getting worse.. i hope they can fight it off on their own, but with her asthma history and the double pneumonia, i dont see it as too promising on them doing it on their own.

i left for a while, headed home, i didnt want to stare at the numbers on the screen anymore, get nervous when they drop a point and overly optimistic when they went up.. 8 hrs looking at a number change from 79-88 is maddening.

keep the prayers coming, i truly appreciate it.

she needs them and she deserves them.

i still have a birthday present for her from two weeks ago.

Thanks again

-Ryan

Believe it or not, the Cleveland Clinic is one of the best hospitals in the country.

Anyway, Ryan-hang in there. Try to be strong for your mother's sake, whichever way this goes. My boys said a prayer for her last night and we will do so again tonight.

Thanks for giving out her first name. Its so much easier for the boys to say "God Bless Mommy and Daddy, Sandra, Mark...etc" rather than "Mommy and Daddy, Daddy's friend's Mom from the go-bengals website..."

:lol:

Hang in there bro.

Archived