prayers please give it all youve got!!!

and back with the bad....

i guess she has been sedated too long, so they cant use the sedation meds anymore.. so they are going to be using paralyzing meds... which is a lot more intensive since she cant get "too paralyzed"

with every shred of remotely good info there is another hurdle.

im headed back down there now....

i have really bad feelings about this.

we need a miracle.

im home for the night, they were just going to switch to the paralyzing drug as i was leaving, i guess the previous one was not being effective anymore, and her lungs were trying to take tiny breaths on their own which werent effective, and were being counter productive to the oxygen being pumped in, so this way her lungs wont interfere with the pump and shell get more oxygen this way!?!?

i am praying for some really good news in the morning. she means the world to everyone.

this is the bed she is in...

[img]http://www.seangustafson.com/pmwiki/uploads/Professional/CommercialProjects/rotoprone.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.theindychannel.com/2009/1021/21363868_240X180.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Bengal Migration' date='12 November 2009 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1258079079' post='826518']
Can't say I've ever seen anything like that before :blink:

Looks as though she's getting some very good care at least. Here's to hoping it's effective, and soon..
[/quote]

seems to be a very fancy padded bed that straps you down in place so you cant move...

then it tilts you to the left for 10 minutes.. to the right for 10 minutes.. completely face down for a while the tilted face down etc... essentially moving whatever is in her lungs around, so its not harming one area the whole time causing serious damage to that area alone.. it lets that area of the lungs recuperate while its being moved around..

[quote name='GoBengals' date='12 November 2009 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1258078612' post='826514']
im home for the night, they were just going to switch to the paralyzing drug as i was leaving, i guess the previous one was not being effective anymore, and her lungs were trying to take tiny breaths on their own which werent effective, and were being counter productive to the oxygen being pumped in, so this way her lungs wont interfere with the pump and shell get more oxygen this way!?!?

i am praying for some really good news in the morning. she means the world to everyone.

this is the bed she is in...

[img]http://www.seangustafson.com/pmwiki/uploads/Professional/CommercialProjects/rotoprone.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.theindychannel.com/2009/1021/21363868_240X180.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Man....I couldn't imagine watching my Mom in that thing. Sorry Ryan.
:(

Hang in there buddy. I am happy you realize how much she means to you and that you understand who the glue is in the family. That is the important lesson in all of this. Sounds like she has some good support coming from you as well. Whatever happens from here on out - just be there for her and be with her as often as you can.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='12 November 2009 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1258079246' post='826520']

[/quote]
I am stopping at All Saints today on the way home from work and your mother will be at the top of the list.

I prefer not to say anything here but I can tell you that I truly sympathize with you now, my friend I have never met,
and my heart goes out to your mother and you and the rest of your family.
Your mother would be proud of you for all of your wonderful friends here on this board and the love and concern they
show for you and the prayers and support for her.
Your mother will be in my prayers when I hit All Saints this afternoon, as I said.
And you and yours for support and strength.

It feels so awkward addressing something so personal and deep as this in this format. You and your mother have been in my thoughts since yesterday.. I know it's just a message board, but in whatever fashion this is, I have known you for years.. I am pulling and praying my friend... It's time like these that remind us what is truly important in life.. Tragically, how easy it is we forget.

Be strong man.

Ryan,

I am truly sorry to hear about what you and your family are going through.

I know all too well about the emotional rollercoaster you all are on right now.
One minute you are filled with hope and optimism. The next you are filled
with confusion, anger, pain, emptiness and despair.

And no matter how much you scream you want to get off, you are
powerless to stop it.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone, much less good people like you and your
family are.

I really am hoping and praying that the rollercoaster that you are forced to
be on, stops very soon and let's you off. And I hope when it stops it is
in a good emotional position.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

While there certainly is a Ultimate source from which all things spring, some call it God, it is not in accord with the laws of cause and effect to pin anyones suffering on the Transcendental Reality. This idea can make the ultimate into a nefarious entity which is preposterous and the simple conceptual musings of those not in knowledge trying to make sense of that which they do not understand.

While suffering in some form or another pervades the fabric of the entirety of this wheel of life, from the lowest depths of hell, to even the highest heavens, those not in knowledge can view this fact that our fate is the work and musings of a divine creator, and leave it simply as that. Removing from the equation the notion of free will. This is horrible. This can lead to all sorts of problems, in particular blaming the the ultimate for thier misfortune. I know because I have done so. This can cause one to turn away from the holy life for a very long time. Pain and suffering can be the greatest teacher for it can, in due course turn us from the thick black darkness of ignorance to the holy life in which one becomes a seeker after truth and wisdom.

The bodies of all beings born into the desire realms of existence are subject to cessation, and subject to the universal karmic laws of cause and effect. These laws are never a fraud. Only the great omniscient ones can see its hidden workings. The Holy dream is a process intune with spiritual evolution. It must be.
Without pain and suffering, and dissatisfaction beings would simply be content with the current way of things and never turn towards the holy life. We need to be pushed along, and pain and suffering and dissatisfaction are certainly powerful motivators.

While the body is subject to death, the spirit which pervades the body is not subject to cessation. It is unborn, unmade, and unfabricated, for it is a piece, a cell, a spark of the Divine. The body passes away, and the spirt, the life spark, passes on to do other things when the body can no longer support it. It does not perish when the body dies.

What is left is a family, suffering a range of emotions. Questioning. Blaming. Anger. Frustration. Hate. Sorrow. Grief. These cause bewilderment and arise from attachment. We are in truth not our bodies, although we can be very attached to them. We are in truth not our thoughts which come and go as the play of the spirit. We are in truth not our egos. We are none of these things, yet we think we are, and identify with them, and this causes us much pain.

While in the begining the Christian faith must have held true knowledge, and if one approachs it with knowledge of other faiths one can see what is true. It is the horrible dualistic concept of the human being as divided into body and soul, by denying the divinity of the body and not differentiating sufficiently between soul and intellect, that tends to deliver man to mental slavery, absurd theological speculations, and arbitrary moral disciplines, which are the most effective means of keeping him enslaved and preventing him from approaching the transcendental reality.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Archived