prayers please give it all youve got!!!

thanks all.. its been a long one today...

not as long as its been for my mom though thats for sure.

some slight positives.

she was down to 85% forced oxygen previously.. this afternoon after being at 92-93 blood oxygen most of the day they dropped her to 75% forced oxygen, and she has been hovering between 88-91 mostly at 90-91 from 5pm to around 8:30pm.

i am hoping and praying for her to get to 65% or lower by morning.. and improve throughout the day

we wont get results back and even then perhaps may have no further answers as to the cause until sunday monday tuesday sometime..

so it seems the only hope is for her lungs to get better on their own.

which there is improvement there

there are huge issues at hand being paralyzed vs sedated and her kidneys liver heart staying in tact and functioning through this condition.

they were all in "an ok range and condition" as of this afternoon. but i assume that window has to be closing soon.

i keep praying... keep hoping,

i need her to keep fighting and keep getting better...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='13 November 2009 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1258164786' post='826864']
thanks all.. its been a long one today...

not as long as its been for my mom though thats for sure.

some slight positives.

she was down to 85% forced oxygen previously.. this afternoon after being at 92-93 blood oxygen most of the day they dropped her to 75% forced oxygen, and she has been hovering between 88-91 mostly at 90-91 from 5pm to around 8:30pm.

i am hoping and praying for her to get to 65% or lower by morning.. and improve throughout the day

we wont get results back and even then perhaps may have no further answers as to the cause until sunday monday tuesday sometime..

so it seems the only hope is for her lungs to get better on their own.

which there is improvement there

there are huge issues at hand being paralyzed vs sedated and her kidneys liver heart staying in tact and functioning through this condition.

they were all in "an ok range and condition" as of this afternoon. but i assume that window has to be closing soon.

i keep praying... keep hoping,

i need her to keep fighting and keep getting better...
[/quote]
Is she eating solid food?

[quote name='Bunghole' date='13 November 2009 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1258165038' post='826866']
Is she eating solid food?
[/quote]

shes paralyzed and knocked out... and still is in that bed and still has tubes in her nose and throat..

shes eating via a tube, not evening knowing whats going on around her. never awake, never eyes open.. strapped in completely from head to toe.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='13 November 2009 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1258165274' post='826868']
shes paralyzed and knocked out... and still is in that bed and still has tubes in her nose and throat..

shes eating via a tube, not evening knowing whats going on around her. never awake, never eyes open.. strapped in completely from head to toe.
[/quote]
Somehow I missed upthread that she was [i]never[/i] awake. I thought she was having [i]some[/i] moments of lucidity. Damn.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='13 November 2009 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1258166640' post='826874']
Somehow I missed upthread that she was [i]never[/i] awake. I thought she was having [i]some[/i] moments of lucidity. Damn.
[/quote]

i wish.. i havent actually spoken to her (with here eyes open in any way shape or form) in over two weeks... which is one of the hardest parts of it all...

i need the chance to tell and show her how much she means to all of us. and how much everything she does means to us all, we have been taking her for granted for far too long.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='13 November 2009 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1258167009' post='826880']
i wish.. i havent actually spoken to her (with here eyes open in any way shape or form) in over two weeks... which is one of the hardest parts of it all...

i need the chance to tell and show her how much she means to all of us. and how much everything she does means to us all, we have been taking her for granted for far too long.
[/quote]
Man, that's a heavy load to bear with her being in the state she's in. Hang in there Ryan. I imagine the docs are doing everything they can at this point.

respirator down to 65% forced oxygen.

has a heefty fever 104 but doc isnt concerned said due to meds making her unable to sweat and being locked in that machine..

so they are using some ice packs and opening it up occasionally to let her air out..

keep the prayers going!

she not out of the woods by any means, still knocked out with the paralyzing meds,..

but baby steps in the right direction are good.

we need all the help we can get!

thank you all so much.
-Ryan

[quote name='GoBengals' date='14 November 2009 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1258241381' post='827023']
respirator down to 65% forced oxygen.

has a heefty fever 104 but doc isnt concerned said due to meds making her unable to sweat and being locked in that machine..

so they are using some ice packs and opening it up occasionally to let her air out..

keep the prayers going!

she not out of the woods by any means, still knocked out with the paralyzing meds,..

but baby steps in the right direction are good.

we need all the help we can get!

thank you all so much.
-Ryan
[/quote]

good news....will keep praying!!

[quote name='GoBengals' date='14 November 2009 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1258167009' post='826880']

[b]i need the chance to tell and show her how much she means to all of us. and how much everything she does means to us all[/b], we have been taking her for granted for far too long.
[/quote]

Rest assured, she knows. She knows...

Glad to hear she's improving. Hang in there my friend.

Just clicked on this thread and read it from top to bottom.

I'm so sorry to hear what is going on and I just finished a prayer for your mother and your entire family.

Just keep in mind that as long as you have faith miracles can and do happen. I know it's easier said than done, but keep your chin up and don't lose faith in God, no matter what the outcome. Be strong.

I visited my parents today as I try to do most Saturdays, cleaned up the leaves in their flower beds and gutters. I kept thinking about what you're going through with your mom, and it made me realize how much we take parents for granted.

Everyone, take that extra step, or extra few minutes or whatever it is to show your parents how much you love them. They won't be around forever.

I keep checking this thread, waiting for the post that says she's coming around and rapidly improving. I still expect to see that post.

In a non-gay, mostly internet friends kind of way, we love you man. For a guy who can be a real dick to people sometimes, we also know you're really a very good man. Stay strong, and know that a lot of people care.

Dan

Just coming in on this thread this morning...It's great to see so many people sending their good wishes.

I will absolutely add my prayers to the mix and hope your mother keeps moving forward.

Pneumonia is absolutely nasty. We are lucky that the technology exists (as ugly as it looks) to keeps those lungs working.

BZ

Motrin had the temp down from 104 to around 102.4 @ 1am this morning...

oxygen still around 90-93 ,still at 65% ventilator oxygen.

well i just called to check in while typing this, i was going to hold off but couldnt (night nurse has to love me by now called at 1am and 7am) and oxygen turned down to 60%, temp is down further and heart rate is down as well.

thanks for those who are checking in and keeping the prayers up!!!

Ryan... believe it or not, she can hear you even now.

I won't go into a detailed description, but even when a person is "knocked out and paralyzed" from medication, they can still hear and understand your voice.

Tell her what you need to tell her, even though I'm sure she already knows, tell her because YOU need to.

She will hear my friend, with her soul as much as her ears.

Just saw this thread and will send my prayers to you and your family at Church this morning. I can't even begin to imagine what you and your family are going thru and hope the baby steps get bigger and bigger as the days pass.

Archived