Good luck

oftt4

Good luck to you guys as well. I'll second the no injuries thing. We have seem to have had enough already this year. I haven't had a great feeling about this game but I get nervous about the Steelers game every year.

I feel like it will be another close one. So i guess we will see.

[quote name='Elflocko' date='15 November 2009 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1258302324' post='827185']
I must say that after a week of steelcitybeatoff, it made me realize how even-keel you and bam are.

Good luck, and I hope you lose horribly...
[/quote]

Hey, every fanbase has their share of douchebags.

I pride myself on not being one of them.

[quote name='Elflocko' date='15 November 2009 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1258302324' post='827185']
I must say that after a week of steelcitybeatoff, it made me realize how even-keel you and bam are.

Good luck, and I hope you lose horribly...
[/quote]
X2.

Nice to hear football rather than your I blew a load on your mom/sister every other post.

Well, that game ruined my day. Probably the ugliest game I have ever seen. Congrats, you guys screwed up less than we did.

One thing I will say is that I am now a believer in your defense.

Unfortunately, I didnt get my no inuries wish...looks like are both worse for wear after that one.

[quote name='oftt4' date='15 November 2009 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1258319279' post='828046']
Well, that game ruined my day. Probably the ugliest game I have ever seen. Congrats, you guys screwed up less than we did.

One thing I will say is that I am now a believer in your defense.

Unfortunately, I didnt get my no inuries wish...looks like are both worse for wear after that one.
[/quote]

hopefully neither are serious

Sucks about Troy. I have tore my MCL up pretty bad and tried to come back to soon on it and I've got a constant ache to it. I can still feel the pain too and it's been over a year. Hopefully he can recover from it, and I'm sure he can with top notch treatment but he is going to need to take it easy for awhile or he might become an old shell of his former self.

[quote name='JC' date='15 November 2009 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1258323899' post='828201']
Sucks about Troy. I have tore my MCL up pretty bad and tried to come back to soon on it and I've got a constant ache to it. I can still feel the pain too and it's been over a year. Hopefully he can recover from it, and I'm sure he can with top notch treatment but he is going to need to take it easy for awhile or he might become an old shell of his former self.
[/quote]

Well he can always start a new career doing Head and Shoulders commercials...

By the way, nice punch to the head by Harris today--those extra 15 yards really helped get us into field goal range. Typical thug behavior by the dirtiest team in the league.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' date='15 November 2009 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1258327923' post='828237']

By the way, nice punch to the head by Harris today--those extra 15 yards really helped get us into field goal range. Typical thug behavior by the dirtiest team in the league.
[/quote]

Wow, you whine like a bitch even when you win. Well, like I said...every fan base has its share of douchebags.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' date='15 November 2009 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1258327923' post='828237']

[/quote]
To be fair....wasn't that the play where there was some jawing going on after the whistle and Whitworth shoved somebody and then the Steelers player retaliated with a punch?

My 7 year old son was watching the game with me at that point, and it was a great teaching moment as for why he always gets into trouble for hitting his younger brother in retaliation.

I simply told him that in football, as in life, the retaliators always get the raw deal.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='16 November 2009 - 11:40 AM' timestamp='1258386049' post='828697']
To be fair....wasn't that the play where there was some jawing going on after the whistle and Whitworth shoved somebody and then the Steelers player retaliated with a punch?

My 7 year old son was watching the game with me at that point, and it was a great teaching moment as for why he always gets into trouble for hitting his younger brother in retaliation.

I simply told him that in football, as in life, the retaliators always get the raw deal.
[/quote]

Yes, it was done in retaliation. It was an incredibly stupid penalty to take, but he didnt do it just for the hell of it.

It certainly is a good lesson for your boy...one that I learned playing hockey growing up. 99.9% of the time, the penalty goes to the one who retaliates.

[quote name='oftt4' date='17 November 2009 - 08:49 AM' timestamp='1258462184' post='829269']
Yes, it was done in retaliation. It was an incredibly stupid penalty to take, but he didnt do it just for the hell of it.

It certainly is a good lesson for your boy...one that I learned playing hockey growing up. 99.9% of the time, the penalty goes to the one who retaliates.
[/quote]

Agree. In rugby it might even be a higher percentage. With 30 players and usually just one ref. So with only one ref, you need to be patient and retaliate later and more discretely. Easier said than done though given the heat of the moment factor.

Archived