Hey Bam...

Jamie_B

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='15 November 2009 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1258319518' post='828064']
[img]http://static.www.odcdn.com/pictures/us/od/sk/lg/620530_sk_lg.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I was wondering if anyone would pull that out since I have done to you all in the past.

Man that was a weird game. It has got to be an NFL record us giving up a non-offensive TD to the other team 7 games in a row.

And to think Tomlin was a ST coach.

Starting to feel like 2001 where we had a great team but Special Teams was the weak link.

Reed kicks off like a pussy.

Ben looked to be out of sorts and when he was on target somewhat no one could help him out. Red Zone offense is fading.

I look forward to my new avatar

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' date='15 November 2009 - 05:39 PM' timestamp='1258321196' post='828129']
I was wondering if anyone would pull that out since I have done to you all in the past.

Man that was a weird game. It has got to be an NFL record us giving up a non-offensive TD to the other team 7 games in a row.

And to think Tomlin was a ST coach.

Starting to feel like 2001 where we had a great team but Special Teams was the weak link.

Reed kicks off like a pussy.

Ben looked to be out of sorts and when he was on target somewhat no one could help him out. Red Zone offense is fading.

I look forward to my new avatar
[/quote]

It was a prize fight for sure.

[quote name='frankie martin' date='16 November 2009 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1258405591' post='828954']
What a game that was fellas. As usual,no excuses here congrats. Your defense sure has improved. If we don't draft O-line this year I'm going to go insane...this one puts you in the drivers seat for the North,let's not forget there's still 7 games to go. Either way,see ya in the playoffs.
[/quote]

You drafted a guard in the 2nd this year didnt you?

[quote name='frankie martin' date='16 November 2009 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1258405591' post='828954']
What a game that was fellas. As usual,no excuses here congrats. Your defense sure has improved. If we don't draft O-line this year I'm going to go insane...this one puts you in the drivers seat for the North,let's not forget there's still 7 games to go. Either way,see ya in the playoffs.
[/quote]

In all honesty....I would rather miss the playoffs than lose to the Steelers in them...

I am almost certain these teams will meet again in the playoffs....

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='16 November 2009 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1258406567' post='828964']
You drafted a guard in the 2nd this year didnt you?
[/quote]

Took Keith Urbik in the 3rd but I don't know how that's going to turn out. Oddly enough we have better luck with UFA's than we do anything past the 2nd round. So whats up with your D is it the coordinator or just less injuries that youre so vastly improved?

[quote name='frankie martin' date='16 November 2009 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1258423244' post='829096']
Took Keith Urbik in the 3rd but I don't know how that's going to turn out. Oddly enough we have better luck with UFA's than we do anything past the 2nd round. So whats up with your D [b]is it the coordinator or just less injuries that youre so vastly improved?[/b]
[/quote]

Yes

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='16 November 2009 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1258409403' post='828988']
In all honesty....I would rather miss the playoffs than lose to the Steelers in them...

I am almost certain these teams will meet again in the playoffs....
[/quote]

It would be a helluva game. So far the wild card isn't looking too competitive I definitely think our division sends 2.

[/quote]

O-line? You can't be serious? (They drafted G Craig Urbik and C A.Q Shipley for the future) The O-line sure as HELL didn't play their best ball of the season, but they certainly didn't play BAD. The O-line is having an re-emergence year and has opened major holes for Mendenhall throughout this year, as well as giving Ben EXTREME amounts of time to throw the ball. Yesterday's breakdowns was just that. Credit the Bengals defense for not letting our receiving core to run free on them. Almost EVERY sack that Ben took (besides one in the redzone) was a coverage sack. The line gave him reasonable time, just noone was open down field pretty much all day. Also, credit Cinci's D for batting some major balls at the line, something you don't normally see once or twice. They batted atleast 3-4 balls in the air. We not only got out schemed, but outplayed and out physicaled, period.

Special teams is a major factor and reminds me of the '01 season. We have let 3 returns in for TD's the last 4 games, 7 overall! Terrible. We won't win much if ST is blowing games.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='16 November 2009 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1258427874' post='829152']
nothing like watching two stealers fans come to a Bengals board and argue with each other.
[/quote]
And about the negative result of the outcome of a game with the Bengals, no less. That's been pretty rareified air for awhile.

[quote name='frankie martin' date='16 November 2009 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1258423244' post='829096']
Took Keith Urbik in the 3rd but I don't know how that's going to turn out. Oddly enough we have better luck with UFA's than we do anything past the 2nd round. So whats up with your D is it the coordinator or just less injuries that youre so vastly improved?
[/quote]

Zimmer took Dallas' D from horrid to a top 10 D in 2 years when he was there, so its a combo of both.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='16 November 2009 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1258427874' post='829152']
nothing like watching two stealers fans come to a Bengals board and argue with each other.
[/quote]

Obviously the dude didn't watch the game, or the season to come up with any kind of logical thought on why we lost the game. Just putting him in his place since all Steelers fans over react after a loss to ANY team.(O-line was clearly not the reason why we lost the ballgame) It happens, has happened before. We were 6-3 sitting last season as well. We're not going away.

[quote name='SteelCityBEATDOWN' date='17 November 2009 - 01:24 AM' timestamp='1258435446' post='829222']
Obviously the dude didn't watch the game, or the season to come up with any kind of logical thought on why we lost the game. Just putting him in his place since all Steelers fans over react after a loss to ANY team.(O-line was clearly not the reason why we lost the ballgame) It happens, has happened before. We were 6-3 sitting last season as well. We're not going away.
[/quote]

Whatever dude. Not overreacting at all,obviously you can't read. Never said it was all on the O-line,but they played a part. When Robert Geathers comes unimpeded to our quarterback in the red zone,I would say that's O-line but that's just me. Also I'm not saying just for this game but for the last 2 years they can't run block for shit. If you don't agree then fine,but that's the way I see it. Of course,special teams once again didn't help our cause,and it sounds like Tomlin isn't opposed to putting Harrison back on kickoff coverage,I'm all for it

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='16 November 2009 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1258427874' post='829152']
[/quote]

Really. I thought I was at cincinnati.com for a minute.

[quote name='frankie martin' date='16 November 2009 - 10:03 PM' timestamp='1258423403' post='829098']
It would be a helluva game. So far the wild card isn't looking too competitive I definitely think our division sends 2.
[/quote]

Or 3. I wouldn't count Baltimore out. But I think yuo guys would have to split with them for us to bring 3. NE is running away with the East and the other 3 East teams will knock each other out of the wild card. Denver is fading fast and Balt has the tie-breaker. That leaves Texans and Jags who could knock each other out also. Titans are surging and could hurt them also.

The average record of the teams that beat the Ravens is 7-2.

[quote name='frankie martin' date='17 November 2009 - 07:40 AM' timestamp='1258458019' post='829262']
Whatever dude. Not overreacting at all,obviously you can't read. Never said it was all on the O-line,but they played a part. When Robert Geathers comes unimpeded to our quarterback in the red zone,I would say that's O-line but that's just me. Also I'm not saying just for this game but for the last 2 years they can't run block for shit. If you don't agree then fine,but that's the way I see it. Of course,special teams once again didn't help our cause,and it sounds like Tomlin isn't opposed to putting Harrison back on kickoff coverage,I'm all for it
[/quote]

On that sack in the redzone, it was nothing but a bad scheme and the wrong personal to block. I can't remember exactly how many the Bengals brought, but they brought more guys than we could block, and that's not pinned on the offensive line. That's pinned on the overall scheme and the offensive coordinator for not being prepared to block that extra man! As far as special teams, the Steelers called up Donovan Woods from the practice squad, who has been a special teams stud over the years, and released Arnold Harrison. Expect more starters to be put on the lineup until further notice. The loss of Anthony Madison is hurting our role on kick coverage.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='SteelCityBEATDOWN' date='17 November 2009 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1258478552' post='829426']
On that sack in the redzone, it was nothing but a bad scheme and the wrong personal to block. I can't remember exactly how many the Bengals brought, but they brought more guys than we could block, and that's not pinned on the offensive line. [b]That's pinned on the overall scheme and the offensive coordinator for not being prepared to block that extra man![/b] As far as special teams, the Steelers called up Donovan Woods from the practice squad, who has been a special teams stud over the years, and released Arnold Harrison. Expect more starters to be put on the lineup until further notice. The loss of Anthony Madison is hurting our role on kick coverage.
[/quote]

how foolish.

its adorable that people who have no idea what they are talking about typically blame an OC.

actually its the QB and WR's responsibility to make the correct defensive read and check down to a quick pass or hit the hot route. an OC calls the play before the teams line up, after that its up to the QB to make the right call of the defenses formation or audible to another play or simply read the hot route.

teams could keep 6 to block at all times, and the defense could drop 4 and bring 7 and it work each time? idiocy.

anytime any pass play is called there is a hot route, a hot route is the one the qb can hit immediately when a blitz is coming... so either the qb reads the defense wrong and didnt know the blitz was coming, (this is probably what happened) or blockers completely failed at blockin the right blitzers (also possible) such as if the first or second read is to the left, they block accordingly to open that throwing lane, etc, the blocking scheme per play is based on the QB's check downs, thus giving him the best odds of completing a pass regardless of what the defense brings..

How the fuck does an OC know what the defense is doing calling the play while both teams are in a huddle??? how in your brain does that even remotely make sense?

judging by the way Ben has to scramble all the time and gets sacked so often he seems piss poor at making proper reads of the defense, he makes up for it being such a strong presence int he pocket and avoiding sacks so well, but proper reads and check downs would avoid this. which he does occasionally...

and its been the same through a few OC's, so thats obviously not the problem...

OC might be the most wrongly accused for poor performance coaching job on the planet..

man up and blame who is responsible for the poor play..

Its adorable that you think you know a damned thing about the Steelers offense.

"How the fuck does an OC know what the defense is doing calling the play while both teams are in a huddle???"

Ummm...have you ever heard of watching film and studying a team's tendencies? That is how an OC should know (or at least have a pretty good idea) of what a defense is going to do. That is the playcaller's JOB.

Arians playcalling is predictable at best and fucking retarded at worst.

A toss sweep to the third string running back on 3rd and 2 in overtime on the KC 35, when your starter just gained 8 yards up the middle on the previous play? Brilliant!

Do you think it is just a coincidence that the Steelers do so much better offensively when they go into the no-huddle and Ben takes over the playcalling? That must be because he is so bad at reading defenses.

Is it all Arians? No, but he is certainly the major factor. He seems to be a good coordinator when it comes to developing players and creating plays, but his playcalling during the games is embarassing.

[quote name='SteelCityBEATDOWN' date='17 November 2009 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1258478552' post='829426']
On that sack in the redzone, it was nothing but a bad scheme and the wrong personal to block. I can't remember exactly how many the Bengals brought, but they brought more guys than we could block, and that's not pinned on the offensive line. That's pinned on the overall scheme and the offensive coordinator for not being prepared to block that extra man![/quote]

Dude 8 sacks. Worst fuckin D in the league. Arians playcalling sucks dick to be sure,but NO WAY you can put that all on Arians. O-line=not good

Archived