Larry Johnson is a Bengal

The only way this could really hurt us is if the locker room completely falls apart, but i really dont see that happening.

Im ASSUMING that Mike talked to Marvin and hopefully a few players (carson, etc) to make sure this wouldnt effect the locker room.

Hope Ced isnt hurt too bad, but its not like we are gonna be paying LJ that much I dont think, so who knows.

[quote name='Enon Bengal' date='16 November 2009 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1258395050' post='828806']
At least for me, this doesn't feel the same as signing Benson last season. Last year it was low risk, high reward. Seems just the opposite this time.
[/quote]

Lets hope this isn't a sign that Ced's hip is worse than previously thought.

Sooo who gets cut? Vakapuna? Will we really carry 4 RBs?

I heard an interview with him on Dan Patrick the other day and he seemed really humble and well spoken. I thought he'd sound like a dumb ass but I was wrong. He said he knows whatever team he goes to he will be a backup and have to prove himself. Let's hope he doesn't fuck this locker room up.

Imagine if he does regain some form and can play even close to the way he used to.

Imagine in the playoffs being able to switch off him and benson and keep them both fresh, we could just run all over teams. Add Andre smith too. Could be a dominate running team.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='16 November 2009 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1258395628' post='828819']
well there you go. Nice knowing you Vakapuna. Hopefully he keeps his mouth shut and plays hard.
[/quote]

Id imagine FUI is gone, but do you know for sure?

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='16 November 2009 - 02:21 PM' timestamp='1258395668' post='828820']
Imagine if he does regain some form and can play even close to the way he used to.

Imagine in the playoffs being able to switch off him and benson and keep them both fresh, we could just run all over teams. Add Andre smith too. Could be a dominate running team.

[b]
Id imagine FUI is gone, but do you know for sure?[/b]
[/quote]

just guessing, Can't imagine they'd keep 5 backs.

I imagine that LJ will be meeting with some of the leaders on the team today before any deal gets signed.

This has Corey Dillon to the Pats written all over it. The only difference is that we already have Ced. Corey wasn't the centerpiece of that team, just an occasional part. Like others have said, if he steps out of line, we dump him. This is the kind of move that winning teams make. Good move if it works out.

This could be either Really Great.

Or Really Bad.

The only thing good is im assuming he's cheap.

But some others are right. If he gains any kind of previous form back he could help us greatly through the playoffs. Than after the season be some good trading bait.

Archived