If Bengals finish 12-4....

Then consider what happened the last two times we did that, 1981 and 1988? Just putting it out there! I think 12-4 is realistic. Looking at the remaining games, this is what I see happening:

H Cleveland.....W.....Should be a win after Oakland debacle!!!
H Detroit..........W.....Again, an opportunity to put away an inferior team.
@ Minnesota.....L......I think they play well, but lose in a nail biter!
@ San Diego.....W.....Because of the importance in playoff seeding, I think they will get an elusive west coast win.
H Kansas City..W.....Will probably be a little flat, but still win by 10.
@ NY Jets..........W....Fighting for a 1st round bye, they will harass Sanchez and pound away at Ryan's D!!!

Just my thoughts, what are yours???

[quote name='DevilDawg' date='28 November 2009 - 08:01 PM' timestamp='1259452916' post='833567']
Then consider what happened the last two times we did that, 1981 and 1988? Just putting it out there! I think 12-4 is realistic. Looking at the remaining games, this is what I see happening:

@ San Diego.....W.....Because of the importance in playoff seeding, I think they will get an elusive west coast win.
@ NY Jets..........W....Fighting for a 1st round bye, they will harass Sanchez and pound away at Ryan's D!!!

[/quote]

Think that is interesting, look what happened the season after we went 4-11 both times in our franchise history.

[quote name='DevilDawg' date='28 November 2009 - 08:01 PM' timestamp='1259452916' post='833567']

[/quote]

I think they're more likely to win at Minnesota than at San Diego. San Diego has been a great late-season team lately and the Bengals never do well on that coast. As for Minnesota, I can't help but think that Favre is going to wind down a bit as the season gets late. They may be vulnerable coming off what should be a tough Sunday Night game at Arizona.

I'm also uncomfortable with the season finale at the Jets. It seems I have nothing but bad memories of the Bengals playing that team, and this one's in New Jersey. I hope they can catch the Jets mailing it in, but they may catch them with nothing to lose and looking to make a statement to finish out the season.

I certainly hope they can go 5-1, but I'm not exactly comfortable predicting it.

[quote name='DevilDawg' date='28 November 2009 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1259453643' post='833570']
Get real my man!!! You think the lose 7 in a row? Step away from the bong....:panicbutton:
[/quote]

Get real my man!!! You think I was serious when I posted that obviously sarcastic post? You really think I think we'll lose the last 6 games? Step away from the bong...... :panicbutton:

[quote name='Bleeds Orange' date='29 November 2009 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1259466847' post='833611']
I think they're more likely to win at Minnesota than at San Diego. San Diego has been a great late-season team lately and the Bengals never do well on that coast. As for Minnesota, I can't help but think that Favre is going to wind down a bit as the season gets late. They may be vulnerable coming off what should be a tough Sunday Night game at Arizona.

I'm also uncomfortable with the season finale at the Jets. It seems I have nothing but bad memories of the Bengals playing that team, and this one's in New Jersey. I hope they can catch the Jets mailing it in, but they may catch them with nothing to lose and looking to make a statement to finish out the season.

I certainly hope they can go 5-1, but I'm not exactly comfortable predicting it.
[/quote]
I think we beat the Jets by 14 or more points.

It will be interesting to see if Boomer picks the Jets over the Bengals. For the most part, he has been a Bengals hater, but slowly he is coming around.

Archived