Insignia Universal Remote

[quote name='Montana Bengal' date='29 November 2009 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1259527455' post='834154']
Anyone know how to program one? I don't have the basic instructions and would like to get it working.

NS-RC01G-09 - Best Buy brand
[/quote]
1. Remove batteries
2. Place remote back in box
3. Return to place of purchase for refund.
4. Buy a Logitech Harmony remote.

Seriously, anything with the Insignia label on it is pure crap. Never has there been a truer expression of the phrase "you get what you pay for." I've been fooled twice, once with a car stereo and again with some headphones. Never again.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' date='29 November 2009 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1259532870' post='834333']
1. Remove batteries

Seriously, anything with the Insignia label on it is pure crap. Never has there been a truer expression of the phrase "you get what you pay for." I've been fooled twice, once with a car stereo and again with some headphones. Never again.
[/quote]

Lets pretend that it was given to me for 'free' and that the nearest Best Buy is over two hours away...

[quote name='Montana Bengal' date='29 November 2009 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1259535707' post='834378']
Lets pretend that it was given to me for 'free' and that the nearest Best Buy is over two hours away...
[/quote]
1. Insert remote into nearest waste receptacle.
2. Follow link to [url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880100714&cm_re=logitech_harmony-_-80-100-714-_-Product"]Newegg.com[/url]
3. Purchase product and enjoy.
4. Send thank you note to CatScratchFever.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' date='29 November 2009 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1259532870' post='834333']
1. Remove batteries

[/quote]

If you only knew...Insignia isn't any different than 90% of the other brands out there, they all farm out each piece of the TV for the cheapest price...Several Insignia models are LG tv's rebranded...Xoxeco is the main brand however, definitely not exclusive to Insignia...

I'll try to see tomorrow at work if I have a manual for it.

And pitching a free universal remote for a $80 Harmony remote? :rofl: If he was in the market for a Harmony, I'm sure he would've bought one. If you need something cheap to control one or two products, you'd be a fool to buy a Harmony.

***works for a company that is an exclusive Insignia replacement parts distributor, and would buy certain Insignia models without hesitation...

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='01 December 2009 - 02:43 AM' timestamp='1259649825' post='835485']
If you only knew...Insignia isn't any different than 90% of the other brands out there, they all farm out each piece of the TV for the cheapest price...Several Insignia models are LG tv's rebranded...Xoxeco is the main brand however, definitely not exclusive to Insignia...

I'll try to see tomorrow at work if I have a manual for it.

And pitching a free universal remote for a $80 Harmony remote? :rofl: If he was in the market for a Harmony, I'm sure he would've bought one. If you need something cheap to control one or two products, you'd be a fool to buy a Harmony.

***works for a company that is an exclusive Insignia replacement parts distributor, and would buy certain Insignia models without hesitation...
[/quote]
Oh it's not so much that the stuff didn't function... it did. Just not well. I'm sure they use the best lead-infused Chinese plastic parts money can buy just like everyone else. The car radio I bought did what it was supposed to do, but the controls were bizarrely unintuitive, the mp3 playback would leave huge time gaps between songs, the manual was written in unintelligible Chinglish, and a bunch of other ridiculous things I can't remember right now that made it virtually unusable while driving. But hey, what did I expect for 30 bucks? Like I said, you get what you pay for. So I took it back and got a name brand for $10 more and was completely satisfied. In my mind, that $10 savings equaled $100 of headache.
I bought a pair of bluetooth headphones to listen to music at work. Again... they worked. No problem there. But the software was buggy, it had no manual, crashed my computer repeatedly (can you say memory leaks? You could watch the available resource meter shrink in realtime while it was running.) and there was no possible way to adjust them so that they would fit anyone's head except Joseph Merrick. But again... I got what I paid for. The next cheapest pair was $40 more.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I won't get fooled again. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='02 December 2009 - 08:07 PM' timestamp='1259798877' post='836107']
Typical chinese imports...surprised they didn't rewrite the manual.

Chinglish is my second language, sadly...
[/quote]
I've gotten pretty good at Jinglish and Deutchlish, but Chinglish still baffles me. I actually read a German manual that used the word "ain't". Not once, but several times.

Archived